Saints 4-1 Brentford - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

35 minutes ago, ButtikonSaint said:

RH has a couple of decisions to make but not a great amount of choice 
I reckon Stevens rather than Salisu, Stu rather than Moj and Adam A. rather than Broja
He'll trust his 4222 and bring in Broja and Moj mid second half if we're chasing the game, else close it with Salisu or Lyanco moving us to a 5-4-1

Forster
JWP Bednarek Stevens, Perraud
Stu A. Romeu Diallo Redmond
Adam A. C.Adams

Interesting to think where he'd want to invest in Jan... Left back, Wide left, Striker? I'd save our money and go for a real top class GK in the summer.

got it totally wrong... yay 🙂

• Haha 1

Could be a 4141 with Bednarek at RB or a 352 with Redmond/Tella at wingback, or a 4222 with a bednarek at rb and Diallo as one of the 10s. Or 343 with JWP as a wingback. Will have to wait and see.

Edited by TWar

Just now, TWar said:

Could be a 4141 with Bednarek at RB or a 352 with Redmond/Tella at wingback, or a 4222 with a bednarek at rb and Diallo as one of the 10s. Will have to wait and see.

Club wouldn't have listed Perraud so far down if he was at left back in a flat back 4.

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Could be a 4141 with Bednarek at RB or a 352 with Redmond/Tella at wingback, or a 4222 with a bednarek at rb and Diallo as one of the 10s. Or 343 with JWP as a wingback. Will have to wait and see.

I can't imagine anything other than a back 3. With Diallo in the side it seems likely that we'll see JWP down the right. Anything is possible with Ralph though! 

5 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Very unlikely, if Ralph plays that way then he automatically loses one of his in-form midfielders Romeu, JWP & Diallo. I expect him to start more or less where he left off on Saturday and whilst some players will last longer than others he will take the risk and haul them off when they're knackered.

For me it's a no brainer especially with SArmstrong nowhere near match-fit enough to start.

Forster

JWP Bednarek Salisu Perraud

Romeu Diallo

Redmond Elyounoussi

Tella Broja

Why wouldn't he start with his current best eleven as this is in effect a six pointer? A good win and Saints are knocking on the door of the top ten. Some tough games coming up so this one is a 'must' win that we need to win. I'm going for 2-0.

Seems I was right Charlie 😉 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Brentford - Match Thread
5 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

I was just getting over his first comment about Brentford when I heard that, it’s like he’s a comedy character. 

Just replay him getting sent off for Blackburn at the Dell for spitting at Jim Magilton - lowest form of pondlife in the game. No wonder he got booed at Spurs and the fish shed https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6181087.rovers-sherwood-go/

Bednarek - great start!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-1 Brentford - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic