Sean Dyche?

sisi1992

As I say every time his name pops up; he ended up 15 points behind Ralph with a better team, when he was sacked. If you want a different manager then fine but that man should not be Dyche. You think one win in 13 is bad? Dyche won one game up to Valentine’s Day last season.

• Like 5

I think what you look at with Dyche is what made him successful at Burnley.

Two target men centre forwards, wide players who got up and down the line, and old CB's who just dug in. A proper old fashioned 4-4-2 English setup. When they tried to move away from that at Burnley and bring in Cornet, Collins, attacking wing back Conor Roberts (more footballing type players) he started to struggle.

Bring him in here and we have none of the players to create the team he would like to. It would be a daft move that would end in misery for everyone.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 8

I don’t think he’d be any better than RH, especially if we’re looking to blood the youngsters in then we need someone a bit more attacking/dynamic with their tactics.

Sean Dyche likes a spine down the team. Solid GK, two CB’s, two CM’s, two CF’s. We don’t have that, even though 95% of people have been crying out for it for years. So we wouldn’t be a good fit for him either.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 1

He is clearly a good manager at a certain level. He actually would have been a better fit when we had Adams & Ings up top. 

He doesn't fit what we are clearly looking to do, i'd be amazed if he became the manager if Ralph were to go.

Edited by Mr Nimbus
grammer

10 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

As I say every time his name pops up; he ended up 15 points behind Ralph with a better team, when he was sacked. If you want a different manager then fine but that man should not be Dyche. You think one win in 13 is bad? Dyche won one game up to Valentine’s Day last season.

You dont thinK Ralph is capable of beating that?

He is better than most of you are giving him credit for - he worked what the budget allowed - admittedly it wasn’t pretty, but until the take over and the lead up to it - he more often than not out performed his resources. 
the head to head between us is pretty even. 
Certainly not going “ooo yes please” - but ultimately none of us have any say in the matter.

Cast your minds back to when we appointed WGS who’d just been relegated with Coventry the general consensus was “are you kidding!!”. 

• Like 2

Just now, John Boy Saint said:

He is better than most of you are giving him credit for - he worked what the budget allowed - admittedly it wasn’t pretty, but until the take over and the lead up to it - he more often than not out performed his resources. 
the head to head between us is pretty even. 
Certainly not going “ooo yes please” - but ultimately none of us have any say in the matter.

Cast your minds back to when we appointed WGS who’d just been relegated with Coventry the general consensus was “are you kidding!!”. 

I do rate Dyche, but I'd say the bigger issue is that the styles of football would completely counter everything that Ralph / the club have put in place over the last few years. Now there is definitely an arguement as to whether it's right or not, becuase the first team is failing, but I can't see the club ripping something up which has taken so long to put in place, for a manager like Dyche.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

You dont thinK Ralph is capable of beating that?

1. No. Ralph may be feast or famine but there are plenty of games where he gets it right.
  2. Even if I guaranteed you that Ralph definitely would do that this season, why replace him with Dyche? Where does that get us?
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:
  1. No. Ralph may be feast or famine but there are plenty of games where he gets it right.
  2. Even if I guaranteed you that Ralph definitely would do that this season, why replace him with Dyche? Where does that get us?

Im not in any way suggesting Dyche is the man for the job but Dyche has finished 7th and 10th in the premier league with a very small budget taking Burnley into Europe, he's achieved more in the premier league than Ralph has. It's easy to dismiss managers because of one bad season, like how its now fashionable to ignore everything Eddie Howe achieved at Bouremouth and repeat verbateum "he got them relegated" and how he's only doing well at Newcastle because he's got money, when at Bournemouth his critics said he was crap at spending money. All managers have a shelf life at a club, Dyche and Howe came to the end of thiers Ralph is approaching the end of his. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

I do rate Dyche, but I'd say the bigger issue is that the styles of football would completely counter everything that Ralph / the club have put in place over the last few years. Now there is definitely an arguement as to whether it's right or not, becuase the first team is failing, but I can't see the club ripping something up which has taken so long to put in place, for a manager like Dyche.

Like I said he had been working within the confines of his resources, curious how despite being viewed as a lesser team, they managed to keep hold of Pope and Tarkowski (sp?) when they were viewed as better than Burnley, obviously money likely spoke. How much was down to Dyche as a person. 
I think he is football savvy beyond what some give him credit for - when he was at Watford and we played them, his managers programme notes were spread over 2 pages and were a good read, very different to the majority of programmes notes. 

If we were to get him at some point, I doubt there are many places to hide in training. 

• Like 2

I don't think someone like Dyche would be bought in, unless it was a last effort ditch to save us from relegation. I get the impression that we are now working to a different model, where the manager is simply a coach, another part of the management team, who can be "swapped out" for a coach 2.0 should the need arise.  

In answer to the question, yes I would have him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Im not in any way suggesting Dyche is the man for the job but Dyche has finished 7th and 10th in the premier league with a very small budget taking Burnley into Europe, he's achieved more in the premier league than Ralph has. It's easy to dismiss managers because of one bad season, like how its now fashionable to ignore everything Eddie Howe achieved at Bouremouth and repeat verbateum "he got them relegated" and how he's only doing well at Newcastle because he's got money, when at Bournemouth his critics said he was crap at spending money. All managers have a shelf life at a club, Dyche and Howe came to the end of thiers Ralph is approaching the end of his. 

I’m not dismissing him because of one bad season and agree what he did on the budget wasn’t bad. It’s the style of play I don’t want. I remember a few seasons back being soaked at Turf Moor watching us lose 3 nil after being bullied and not coping with the aerial bombardment (I recall a particularly amusing Vestergard moment where he completed got done by the ball bouncing around in the force 9). Thoroughly miserable but I do remember thinking, at least I don’t have to watch this Burnley dirge every week and I felt more sorry for the Burnley fans. I know we’re terrible at the moment but at least we are trying (failing) to play the right way. On the rare recent occasion it has worked, like the previous Spurs game, it’s given me arguably my best away game ever. So new manager yes, but I think we can do better than dinosaur Dyche. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

But it's fine to dismiss a manager after 10 bad games, after four years of comfortably keeping us up on a bottom three budget?

It's one or the other.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

But it's fine to dismiss a manager after 10 bad games, after four years of comfortably keeping us up on a bottom three budget?

It's one or the other.

I’d argue we’ve stayed up in spite of Ralph, mainly due to a freak run of form from ings and then Broja, rather than because of him. 

Dyche, like Howe, done a fantastic job. His biggest downfall was staying a season too long. Burnley we’re a mess post take over, would read too much into what happened there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

This is the biggest problem with the Ralph out brigade. They propose utterly stupid suggestions like this one.

Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it stupid. 

I personally wouldn’t pick Dyche as my first choice, but I’d listen to arguments for and against as him, rather than making my mind up based on a perception from a previous role. 

After all, if he came in, we wouldn’t be getting battered every week, so there is an improvement there, I guess…

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dman said:

Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it stupid. 

I personally wouldn’t pick Dyche as my first choice, but I’d listen to arguments for and against as him, rather than making my mind up based on a perception from a previous role. 

After all, if he came in, we wouldn’t be getting battered every week, so there is an improvement there, I guess…

I really do not want Dyche. But the main argument I would have agreed with that he doesn't fit our style holds less and less water with every game that passes and it becomes clear that we don't actually have a style, apart from being utterly incompetent.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It's one or the other.

Its been more than 10 games though and aside from summer 2020 staying up has been a bit more squeaky bum than it should be.

I recall an interview with Chris Marsden when Glen Hoddle came in, up until that point CMFG freely admitted that when the team took to the field the first thought was don't get beaten then don't get beaten by many, "if we won, that was a pleasant surprise"! He said Hoddle reversed that mindset and send us out expecting to win every week. By and large it worked - the performances improved. If we lost it hurt rather, than before "ah well".

Being told we can't defend on Saturday, the same thing being said towards the end of last season, by the man in the position to stop the rot. We do seem to be stepping out to play in that old mindset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Coaches available now, i'd take before Dyche:

• Paolo Vanoli
  • Andre Villas-Boas
  • Marco Rose
  • Frank De Boer
  • Jorge Sampaoli
  • Marcelo Bielsa

What's Bielsa done that's so great? Never understood why he's so lauded.

I also don't get why anyone is turning their nose up at Dyche. Worked absolute wonders at Burnley on a budget of next to nothing and even at Watford did okay.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Its been more than 10 games though and aside from summer 2020 staying up has been a bit more squeaky bum than it should be.

You get what you pay for and up until now we’ve paid for relegation. We’ve been safe by February the last two seasons, since we came 11th in 2020, and the year before that we were well clear of Cardiff with a month still to play. There was no squeaky bum time, people just said that because of some bizarre paranoia that the likes of Burnley, Fulham and Huddersfield would all suddenly start playing like Champions League teams.

I’m honestly baffled by what some people expect; to have one of the lowest net spends in the league and yet be comfortably mid-table just because…

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Coaches available now, i'd take before Dyche:

• Paolo Vanoli
  • Andre Villas-Boas
  • Marco Rose
  • Frank De Boer
  • Jorge Sampaoli
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Frank De Boer was a car crash at Palace - replaced by a pensioner faster than you can say Roy Hodgson. Been less that glittering most places he’s turned up. 
Wouldn’t get AVB - the potential pay off payment wouldn’t be anywhere near enough (getting binned at Spurs and Chelsea in both too short order filled his pockets handsomely)