January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

13 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Paul Doswell said he was faking that injury when he went of against Forest and I for one believe him 

Can you fake a scan? I also recall several people insisting something was “up” with Stuart Armstrong and the club but guess what, there isn’t and he has a genuine long term injury. 

• Like 1

Pretty grim to be accusing a young lad of faking an injury, especially considering it looked pretty obvious what happened with the overextension. My immediate thought was ACL with the way it happened.

His stock was rising massively since joining us, so I'm not quite sure what benefit there would be for ABK to sit out multiple months and not further put himself in the shop window should we go down.

3 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Pretty grim to be accusing a young lad of faking an injury, especially considering it looked pretty obvious what happened with the overextension. My immediate thought was ACL with the way it happened.

His stock was rising massively since joining us, so I'm not quite sure what benefit there would be for ABK to sit out multiple months and not further put himself in the shop window should we go down.

I don't think anyone other than Paul Doswell thinks he faked it, I doubt even he does now. I took the comment above as sarcasm. 

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

It's an absolute shambles that the answer is Bednarek. Good lord. The bloke who sad it was important for his career to move to a bigger club...

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20891790.bednarek-stresses-importance-moving-bigger-club-aston-villa/

If we go to a back 5, Jones can just fuck off.

If he went to Grimsby he would say the same to the clubs website, fans suck all this talk up as though they mean it. Ings was 'one of our own' apparently but really a Musketteer 'All for one and all for me'

I seem to recall that we had to turn to Stephens for the second leg of the last league cup semi final we played in, after VVD got injured - and there weren't many fans excited by that prospect. He had a stormer that night and we obviously got to experience one of the greatest aways days in living memory.  So, should we need to turn to Bednarek in one of the two forthcoming legs, maybe it will work out and we will be glad of his return.

OK, it's very much a glass half full day today, but it's not exactly the end of the world that we have a CB on our books able to return and to sit on the bench to provide cover should we need it. Even if we lose a CB, Lyanco can shift across with Perraud playing at full back...shit...who's had the other half of my beer?  

Edited by Chez
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Just watched the pre Newcastle Press Conference.......more like Depress Conference. Better to get Bednarek back that bring anyone else in......

Let's imagine Bednarek wasn't our player and the club brought in a new CB who was a regular international starter for Poland... They'd be people on here lapping it up... ;)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, trousers said:

Let's imagine Bednarek wasn't our player and the club brought in a new CB who was a regular international starter for Poland... They'd be people on here lapping it up... ;)

What's his youtube video like?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

The thing is that unlike a new signing, we already know what he is going to be like. Add to that any crowd reaction to the comments that he made on going to Villa and things could be more "interesting" than potentially exciting....

14 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Bednarek will be straight into the XI. Whopper Jones referring to him as "Yanny" in the presser. Meanwhile Alcaraz and Orsic sit and watch Diallo and Moi...

Perhaps listen to the Totalsaintspodcast and you will hear a good explanation of this by Jacob Tanswell. It made sense

18 minutes ago, trousers said:

experienced international player with over 130 premier league appearances in his prime at 26. The sort of player we’ve been demanding the club sign. I’m all for it 👍 #bedneback

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Not sure if that's more embarrassing for Bednarek, who chatted shit about being part of a big club only to play one game and be happily sent back. Or us, who have somehow deemed this tool necessary to be part of our relegation.

Every player joining a new club says what people want to hear, no biggie.

• Like 1

Agree with others, huge to add some experience to the squad. I don’t care that his positioning is poor, his ability with the ball at his feet is shocking, his attitude seems to be shite and he’s comfortably worse than our three starting CB’s so shouldn’t ever get on the pitch. All we need is experience, and now we’ve got it, thank god. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From the BBC

Jones on Southampton's transfer plans: "We want to bring more potency in. Whatever that is. Striker, forward. That’s all. We've started to build a real definite structure. We're not getting the return we feel we deserve. We need to make sure we win games."

On team news for Tuesday's tie: "[Carlos] Alcaraz and [Mislav] Orsic are ready. You can't be too bold or silly with them and then lose them. We’re at a stage where everyone is up to speed. We're in a lot stronger position in terms of options."

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I’m on the bendy Bednarek bus. Welcome home Janny B! A bit of experience in the squad for all the YHGTIers to learn from.

There is a very very small part of me that hopes Bednarek comes in and plays on the left of the partnership and actually plays a bit like he does for Poland.

He won't, it is just another player to score some own goals

I don’t think he is actually that bad - his body on the line defending has been great at times. Unfortunately he’s useless on the ball and slow so not exactly suited to playing the high line Ralph wanted or passing out from the back as Ralph wanted. In short, the worst possible fit for Ralph’s system.

He might do better in this system … but the one place we’re leaking goals is marking at set pieces and he’s not exactly a man mountain.

Oh well.

More concerning than this news is the total lack of progress on a striker. 10 months and the 30th richest team can’t find anyone. I mean literally no one. Whatever Jan’s abilities it is the lack of a striker that will relegate us above any of the other issues.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, trousers said:

We’ve been crying out for a goal scorer too, which end he scores it in is irrelevant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

It will be interesting to see crowd reaction tomorrow if he is involved........

Knowing our soppy fans they’ll probably sing his name and give him a standing ovation when he runs down the touchline

same with Matt Targett whilst screaming FFS Perrard everytime he doesn’t make a pass that is less than perfect 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Knowing our soppy fans they’ll probably sing his name and give him a standing ovation when he runs down the touchline

same with Matt Targett whilst screaming FFS Perrard everytime he doesn’t make a pass that is less than perfect 

With the unrest already in our crowd, I really can't see THAT happening!

Bednarek > Lyanco. Defensively.

All IMO and I know I'll be in the minority saying it but I get nervous watching Lyanco. He is better on the ball than Jan though and hasn't pissed off the fanbase yet. However neither should be near a Premier League starting line up...

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Bednarek > Lyanco. Defensively.

All IMO and I know I'll be in the minority saying it but I get nervous watching Lyanco. He is better on the ball than Jan though and hasn't pissed off the fanbase yet. However neither should be near a Premier League starting line up...

Didn't see Bednarek playing PL games at Villa......

2 hours ago, DT said:

I'd play any formation/tactic whatsoever as long as it kept us up. If we go down we're gone for years

This entirely. The Championship is not easy at all, and if we go down how many on here realistically think we’d bounce back up?

I doubt there is many.

We need to win ugly and scrappy to stay up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

This entirely. The Championship is not easy at all, and if we go down how many on here realistically think we’d bounce back up?

I doubt there is many.

We need to win ugly and scrappy to stay up.

We’ve got two of the best strikers in the championship. Should be a doddle.

I’ can’t really believe the incompetence that we still are not having any serious striker movement.

the only links at the minute Jackson and the danish midfielder seem unnecessary additions, surely one of Alcaraz and hjulmand would be enough as both won’t be starting! And I’d say the same for Jackson we got Orsic is he really needed?

if we acquire these two that’s 30m we could have used for a serious striker thrown away on padding the squad..

It’s unbelievable really how the owners can not pay attention to the absolutely blatant issues 😵💫

Just now, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’ can’t really believe the incompetence that we still are not having any serious striker movement.

the only links at the minute Jackson and the danish midfielder seem unnecessary additions, surely one of Alcaraz and hjulmand would be enough as both won’t be starting! And I’d say the same for Jackson we got Orsic is he really needed?

if we acquire these two that’s 30m we could have used for a serious striker thrown away on padding the squad..

It’s unbelievable really how the owners can not pay attention to the absolutely blatant issues 😵💫

Any idea who we can buy who scores 20 a season who will

A. Join us in a relegation fight

B. Cost 30M or less

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Can you fake a scan? I also recall several people insisting something was “up” with Stuart Armstrong and the club but guess what, there isn’t and he has a genuine long term injury. 

Care to point out when Ralph said he had a long term injury?  If he had said that then no one would have questioned the situation but he didn't.  In the absence of any information on his injury, it was entirely reasonable to ask questions about him not being selected or playing much at all.

• Like 1