Palace 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Jack

What kind of f**** tactics is this from the clueless Austrian?  Saints have been set up to not concede and have not had any attacking threat (or any of the ball).  It's shambolic, pathetic and embarrassing - Crystal Palace are not Real Madrid.

I cannot think of a single Saints player who has done well - and Lyanco should be subbed immediately.

Terrible tactics, terrible team selection and terrible game.

Wonder if the Stuart Armstrong fanboys are out in force?  he has been absolutely terrible as he has been for over a season.

• Like 1

We haven’t played that differently in our last 3 games, we’ve just been lucky the opposition haven’t been on their A game. Those 5 points just paper over the same fucking cracks that are always there with Ralph in charge. Just fucking get rid of him please Saints for fuck sake!!

• Like 6

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

So with KWP and Tino both injured, who would you play there instead?

AMN would be an obvious candidate, though I reckon Saints have done an agreement with him to not play him there.

Payne is on the bench and, given Lyanco’s performance so far, I’m wondering if he would have done any worse.

• Haha 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!!!! I am fucking sick of us being in a crossing position and passing it all the way back to the defense to just punt it long to their keeper. Fucking ridiculous.

It's called Ralphball and he's written a playbook on it. Charlatan.

AMN, Larios, Edozie on please

Lyanco, Diallo and Aribo off

If still not working after 60/70 minutes get Adam Armstrong and Djenepo/Mara on for more pace.

We have no pace compared to Crystal Palace, our fullbacks are slow, our centremids are slow, our wide attackers are slow and our strikers are average.

Palace deservedly 1-0 up, should probably even be more. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr X said:

Shocking how far JWP has fallen apart from free kicks he is soooo Mediocre 

He was at his best when he was pressing high up the pitch, getting the ball in advanced positions for early crosses/passes. He can't get too far forward now because we have no cover alongside him.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic