Palace 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Jack

Said before the start we'd no pace in the line up. You can't play decent football at this level with a team of plodders. Get Edozie and AA on plus AMN at right back and at least give them something to think about. Palace are not the best defensively unless you choose not to lay a glove on them. Ralph continues to show he learns nothing. Feel gutted for those who made the trip to watch a display so inept. 

• Like 1

Lucky to only be 1 down at half time.

Shocking performance. Big decisions needed by Ralph, he needs to change things up as nothing has worked thus far. 

We need more in midfield, the defenders win the ball back but there isn't an easy pass and we lose possession. Time after time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a triple change at ht.

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I would say Adams and Perraud have been our only positive

Lyanco and Diallo have been very poor. Mo rubbish and Bazunu looking pretty crap

What are you talking about, Lyanco has been ok, one error but otherwise coping with being stretched. It's 3 another back that's the problem.

Bazuna has made some good saves, he couldn't do much with the goal.

Elsewhere there are serious problems.  midfield non existent, as usual.

Edited by macca155
  • Like 2

So may poor individual performances out there today it's hard to single out any one player. But if I had to - it would be Diallo. He is not, and never will be e DM. He's so lightweight and weak, and his passing is dodgy at the best of times, but fucking terrible today. 

It's all very well blaming Ralph for the tactical set up, but I don't think there is much he could have done/could still do today to improve things if the players are going to perform that badly.

• Like 1

Diallo has been shocking, he's given the ball away countless times already. Ward Prowse and many others non existant. Lyanco shouldn't be up against Zaha. Whoever signed that one off is a moron. He'll be sent off if we continue with these "tactics". 

4 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Poor first half performance. Second best. Ralph needs to make some changes at half time that is pretty obvious. AMN, A.Armstrong and Theo I would bring on for a start. 

Ralph needed to spot which way the game was going and the time to make changes was after 15 minutes. He's too cowardly to admit he got it wrong yet again. These players are not hopeless footballers, it's the tactics and team selection that's badly wrong again today.

• Like 2

Piss poor from those up the pitch. JWP's having another poor game, when will it end? Diallo's having one of his bad games after a couple of good glimpses against Bournemouth and Arsenal. Aribo, well he makes Gaston Ramirez look like a workhorse. Currently a luxury player that we can't afford and the last player you want in a relegation battle. Just looks like he's always playing at 50%. Elyonoussi, an attacker more known for his defending than his attacking. An okay player to have against your Arsenal's, but not against the Crystal Palace's of the world. S. Armstrong, always been erratic and lacking composure, his unpredictability used to cause serious problems to the opposition, but now all he does is give the ball away and cause us serious problems. Adams, no service from those behind, living off scraps once again.

Hopefully one of them proves me wrong in the second half. Issue is, we need to get Lyanco off first because he's a red waiting to happen before we then make the changes up the pitch. Edozie, Djenepo, A. Armstrong and Mara (If he can rediscover his Leeds cameo) could all be good options off the bench in that they're all direct and their first thought is to attack, even if some of them are lacking in quality, we just need to ask questions of this Palace defence, as we are only 1-0 down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's all very well blaming Ralph for the tactical set up, but I don't think there is much he could have done/could still do today to improve things if the players are going to perform that badly.

Starting Diallo over AMN. We've seen time and time again that the JWP-Diallo partnership doesn't work. Ralph has not learnt this. It was under the radar against Arsenal because we were losing that midfield battle anyway. The pivot player for Palace, Doucoure, isn't even in their squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So may poor individual performances out there today it's hard to single out any one player. But if I had to - it would be Diallo. He is not, and never will be e DM. He's so lightweight and weak, and his passing is dodgy at the best of times, but fucking terrible today. 

No, it's nothing to do with Ralph this. I mean, what do we expect for 6.5 million a fricking year - you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Let’s not go overboard.

I can think of at least two games from earlier this season that we’re worse than that…

It's probably on par with Villa. Isn't worse but can't exactly say it's been any better. Ralph has got this all wrong so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Once again Ralph does just enough to keep his job and then it's back to normal. That display from Saints was dreadful.

Absolutely spot on. Ralph's doing an 'Ole'. He used to do the same thing at Man Utd every time his job was on the line. 

Our performance in the first half just shows that RH hasn't for a fucking clue what he's doing. 

Palace have completely dominated. Lyanco is going to end up getting sent off. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic