Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Imagine Leeds get Bielsa back…, stranger things have happened. 🤣

Nathan Jones I think will be here all season, if he was going to go it would’ve been today.
Tomorrows forum will be eventful.

I can’t see Jones being here all season. If he is, I think you will see lot of empty seats. However, the main reason will be the toxic environment at the ground and in the media. This will force either the club or Nathan himself to leave. I remember The Dell and how bad it got with Branfoot, this seems a 100 times worse and in a far shorter period of time (virtually every fan is in agreement which you don’t often get). In general, I think the momentum of discord builds up a lot quicker than years ago, due to the rise in social media etc. 

Results aside, he hasn’t helped his cause with the fan base or with pundits.

If he is still in charge and wolves score early, think it will be interesting to say the least.

• Like 1

I'm trying to make sense of the decision to give Jones a stay of execution and it makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

Clearly SR, or someone in SR still believes in their metrics and data and also believes he can come good, despite almost universal agreement that he is out of his depth, isn't good enough a coach at this level, has alienated the entire fanbase and some of the players and coaching staff.

So how far will they be prepared to go to see if his approach can work? Sack Selles? Marginalise any player who won't buy in to his hoofball? Even if he does manage to put out "his" team there's a terminally divided dressing room.

What will the team look like on Saturday? The atmosphere will be toxic and I'm assuming we'll lose and in fact my nightmare would be "his" team scraping a lucky win or draw. Because then we'd probably hear that the corner has been turned and we have to follow Jones's approach. No thank you.

We need a massive protest throughout the Wolves game to get a message to the stubborn egos on the Board. I don't think I've ever felt worse as a Saints fan

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I'm trying to make sense of the decision to give Jones a stay of execution and it makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

Clearly SR, or someone in SR still believes in their metrics and data and also believes he can come good, despite almost universal agreement that he is out of his depth, isn't good enough a coach at this level, has alienated the entire fanbase and some of the players and coaching staff.

So how far will they be prepared to go to see if his approach can work? Sack Selles? Marginalise any player who won't buy in to his hoofball? Even if he does manage to put out "his" team there's a terminally divided dressing room.

What will the team look like on Saturday? The atmosphere will be toxic and I'm assuming we'll lose and in fact my nightmare would be "his" team scraping a lucky win or draw. Because then we'd probably hear that the corner has been turned and we have to follow Jones's approach. No thank you.

We need a massive protest throughout the Wolves game to get a message to the stubborn egos on the Board. I don't think I've ever felt worse as a Saints fan

I hear what you're saying and I've allowed myself to get down as well, but it's mad really, we've just been in a cup semi final, made a club record breaking signing in the transfer window with owners who for once don't want to win the NetSpend Cup, there should be a lot to be positive about. 

What I don't understand is Jones main metric is getting results on a low budget, why did SR spend so long tracking him when they were prepared to spend some money 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DT said:

I think we should have a whip round and get Bananarama to reform and play 'Nathan Jones you've been here too long' as the special half time entertainment, with all four stands joining in, throwing frazzles and Camembert onto the pitch. What LOLS

I’ll get my mate to bring the cats.

• Like 1

A mother buys her kids a pet dog for Xmas but instead of getting the Labrador they wanted instead she brings them a pug.. the kids don’t like the pug and think it’s ugly so they decide to poke it with sticks and throw stones at it until the dog bites one of them… they then cry for the dog to be put down .. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

A mother buys her kids a pet dog for Xmas but instead of getting the Labrador they wanted instead she brings them a pug.. the kids don’t like the pug and think it’s ugly so they decide to poke it with sticks and throw stones at it until the dog bites one of them… they then cry for the dog to be put down .. 

The mother is an idiot

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

A mother buys her kids the labrador that they wanted for Xmas. The dog is loved by the kids and everyone is happy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

A father buys his kids tickets to the football for Xmas, but instead of getting Saints tickets that they wanted, he gets Pompey instead.

The father is put down.

Moral of the story, not all football teams (managers) are equal.

• Haha 11

4 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

The mother has been regularly wanking the dog off since Boxing Day afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

A better (yet equally ridiculous analogy)

Mother buys a family dog which is completely unsuitable for children. Said dog barks and snaps at her children. Mother ignores all warning signs. Dog inevitably does serious harm to her child. Mother acts surprised.

• Like 15

25 minutes ago, Granite_City_Saint said:

Delivered with all the eloquence and critical thinking of a typical gambler.

If it's good enough for Kenny Rogers it's good enough for me, and no one is more eloquent than Ken.

A mother buys a dog for Christmas after reading about its xJ (expected joy) for children being among the best in Europe. It yaps constantly and shits everywhere. When people ask the dog not to shit everywhere it bites them. The mother finally relents and has the dog put down but everything and everyone are left covered in shit and dog bites. The children murder their mother in her sleep.

Edited by coalman
  • Haha 17

10 minutes ago, coalman said:

A mother buys a dog for Christmas after reading about its xJ (expected joy) for children being among the best in Europe. It yaps constantly and shits everywhere. When people ask the dog not to shit everywhere it bites them. The mother finally relents and has the dog put down but everything and everyone are left covered in shit and dog bites. The children murder their mother in her sleep.

Epilogue: Someone tries to make the children feel bad about the dog's death by putting together a contrived fable on an Internet forum.

Edited by coalman

The kids feel like something is missing from the home and ask their mother for a dog. The mother considers her options from a range of available breeds but decides to purchase a little scraggly runt of a mutt. Instantly unlikable, the children attempt to play with the dog anyway; cheering it on for even the most basic tricks. things don’t go well however and the dog keeps shitting all over the floor then trying to blame the kids. Everyone wants rid of the dog. Let’s be honest, it’s a c*nt. but the mother sticks by it, sure that one day the kids will grow to love it. The dog, however, unaware that it is so hated, continues to shit on the floor, blame the kids and act with #aggression because it believes it makes it likeable 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Tried to get some info from someone who’d know Jones’ side. I got back  “don’t go there”.

Asked how he was handling it, reply “ I daren’t ask”. 

Much as I don't think he should be manager of Saints I sincerely hope he's getting the care he needs right now. I worry that keeping in a situation that he's not handling well is harmful for him.

• Like 5

A mother buys her kids a shit dog. The dog shits everywhere and is shit. They keep the dog, as it might not shit so much in a few weeks, and then the mother will be hailed as a genius who laughs in the face of lots of shit, with slightly less shit.

• Haha 4

I find all this twitter jones out picture with people saying “keep going it’s working show them we are united” quite hilarious. it’s doing nothing unless you show what you think in the stadium or in a proper protest which the days for like branfoot / lowe are gone imo 

the idea that people are on twitter and think not to sack jones because he’s shit but because 100 people from our 30,000 on a match day have replied to this saints tweet with a jones out message is funny.

Edited by SotonianWill

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Looks like we are at the seagulls and trawler stage, albeit with a less poetic / rounded analogy.  

Jones out chants throughout the whole match will have a bigger impact than hashtags on Twitter.

I would always support the team first and foremost, but we need him out ASAP for the good of the club and will highly likely lose anyway Saturday with him in charge. 

I can see a lemina goal happening Saturday. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leslie Charteris said:

Here are some stats for Sports Republic to digest:

This season,

Points per game - 0.71

Goals scored per game - 0.81

Goals conceded per game - 1.81

We are on target for 27 points this season.

...and they talk of us being in the top ten regularly? How about showing some real leadership !

We aren’t though, run the analysis again starting from Jones’s first game? 0.42 points a game. 23 points at a push, but we’d have to win some games to achieve that, I can’t see any points from the next three games, Wolves, Chelsea and Leeds with the new manager bounce. Ironically Chelsea is probably our best chance of something 

1 hour ago, bangkoksaint said:

I wonder if, during their meetings at SMS, they have factored in relegation and losing the saleable assets we have and come to the conclusion they NJ is the best person to try and bring us up? If they have it won’t just be this week that he’s stil with us 😂

Our team in the championship next season under Jones... Pretty much seen that back line already...

Bazunu,

Bree - Lyanco - ABK - Bednarek - Perraud

Diallo - Alcaraz
Moi                                                       AA
                            Che

Might get lucky and retain players like Tella, Orsic, DCC, Sulemana, Onuachu, i doubt it somehow. 4 of them must be regretting their move here and Tella could be going into a breakout season in the prem.

Salisu, KWP, Lavia are all certain to be sold. Quite likely JWP but we'll see. ABK could also get taken off our hands - in which case i guess we'll see Lyanco, stephens, and bednarek as our 3CB's for Jones' Championship run...

Some may think that isn't that bad - but what a fall from grace it is considering where we are. Imagine achieving that within 18months and a £100M plus net spend. Not to mention taking apart much of the backroom scouting and academy set ups. Impressive really.

And the elephant in the room behind all this. We've massively shat the bed overspending on player wages, agents fees, contract terminations etc. The recruitment (especially this january) has been all over the shop, and we're going to run smack into EFL's FFP limits. Similarly our owners are not really that rich. There is a very large abyss where we're heading if we aren't careful. I guess Rasmus directly targeted a manager who could compete in the championship on a shoe string budget...

Edited by Saint86
  • Sad 1

Chris Sutton on MNC (Five live) saying Jones is a bluffer and should be sacked on the basis of the interview he gave. 👏🏼 👏🏼 

ripping into him also for lacking control, being insecure and basically losing the plot. 

Edited by MiltonSaint
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, MiltonSaint said:

Chris Sutton on MNC saying Jones is a bluffer and should be sacked on the basis of the interview he gave. 👏🏼 👏🏼 

ripping into him also for lacking control, being insecure and basically losing the plot. 

So wait, Sutton said something that everyone agrees with... 🤯 unless ofc your name is Rasmus...🤣

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

A mother buys her kids a pet dog for Xmas but instead of getting the Labrador they wanted instead she brings them a weasel from an aggressive mining town. The kids know it’s a weasel so they tell the mother she should have been more diligent. They despise the weasel and find out it has rabies and chronic diarrhoea. Out of control the weasel lashes out proving it to be an even more obnoxious little cunt than anyone thought possible, eventually disappearing up its own arse. The mother is sectioned under the mental health act. 

• Haha 7

Just now, Saint86 said:

So wait, Sutton said something that everyone agrees with... 🤯 unless ofc your name is Rasmus...🤣

Indeed. 😂

But Chappers, Dublin and Rory Smith are not going in as two footed as Sutton. They are throwing in his managerial record as défense etc. 

Yasmin from Saints Voice indeed making the point that 95% of Saints fans want him gone. She’s doing a good job in denigrating NJ and showing them his true colours. 

• Like 1

Isn't it rude to compare a member of your own family to a dog? I know he hasn't done well here but he is still human, isn't he?

Edited by Nordic Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!