Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

42 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Would be happy with either Vyner or Bellis, although I can just imagine a chant of ‘Bellis gonna get yer’ from the Northam to opposition strikers (for those who remember the Reebok advert from the early 2000s).

oh god don’t give them ideas 

Or if he’s shit Bellis-end would be epic Bantz nickname 

• Haha 1

We signed a player named Sam Bellis from City for the academy a few years back, he's since been released. He calls Taylor Harwood-Bellis "bro" on Instagram, so I'm going to guess they're brothers. Hopefully he has nothing but nice things to say about us.

Also, Ashley Cole gave him a glowing reference on Instagram: "what a group of players, you as the captain created an elite mentality and family well done mate fully deserved". Usually Cole's shooting youth footballers with air rifles, but sounds exactly what we need. Sign him up.

Edited by HarvSFC

19 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Time to ship put the dross.... Sort the back line.... 

In: 

Ronnie Edwards 

Zak Vynar 

Harwood-Bellis 

James McAtee 

Get it done boys 

So you are assuming all of Lyanco, ABK and Bednarek go, right?

Have a horrible feeling we cant get rid of Lyanco sadly - think Bednarek stays and ABK goes. 1 in, 1 out.

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

No ABK, Sulemana or McCarthy from what I can tell. Edozie here. No Smallbone obviously. Not sure of Perraud here. Tall Paul is unfortunately 

All 3 to go this week or next? 

TP back to Genk before the end of the window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

Time to ship put the dross.... Sort the back line.... 

In: 

Ronnie Edwards 

Zak Vynar 

Harwood-Bellis 

James McAtee 

Get it done boys 

Whatever happens in this topsy turvy transfer window, we can be absolutely confident that all this will not happen.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Always thought Charles was 10m with the rest on how well he does.

Yep. Fee reported as £10.5m, rising to £15m.

Who knows what he/we have to do for that extra £4.5m to come into play. Usually it's focused on appearances and it will likely include an amount linked to us achieving promotion, this season or next.

6 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

What ever could have put him off. (Signing his teammate and refusing to cross the ball.)

Having two of his international team mates wanting out this summer won’t help.

Given our experiences of Salisu and Sulemana there has to be a question over whether we risk another Ghanaian. From the outside, it appears they have struggled to settle. Perhaps coincidence and we’ve been unlucky. 

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

No McCarthy at the open training session. 

any sign of Sulemana, or is he still at home getting treatment for his injury?

Was Simeu there too? I'm guessing we won't let him go out on loan until our CB situation is clearer. 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Having two of his international team mates wanting out this summer won’t help.

Given our experiences of Salisu and Sulemana there has to be a question over whether we risk another Ghanaian. From the outside, it appears they have struggled to settle. Perhaps coincidence and we’ve been unlucky. 

not sure it is struggling to settle as such, more a case of them seeing us as a stepping stone wand having zero interest in playing for a team outside the top flight. From a career point of view, jumping ship now makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Atlanta Saint said:

Probably saw how Tall Paul was out of his depth and useless last season and decided English leagues are not for him.

or saw how Onuachu was not given many games - and doesn't want to get the same treatment (justified or otherwise).

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

All 3 to go this week or next? 

TP back to Genk before the end of the window. 

Not a chance Sulemana is here come the end of the window. I'd surprised if ABK was, although it might be one where we dig our heels in on the price - and it could get messy with  the player seeing a move to Dortmund fade due our price. McCarthy move is hard to say. 

Id say Onuachu will go to Genk only if we accept a huge loss. A massive loss. It might be one where we have to swallow our pride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Not a chance Sulemana is here come the end of the window. I'd surprised if ABK was, although it might be one where we dig our heels in on the price - and it could get messy with  the player seeing a move to Dortmund fade due our price. McCarthy move is hard to say. 

Id say Onuachu will go to Genk only if we accept a huge loss. A massive loss. It might be one where we have to swallow our pride.

Have we any left to swallow?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

I suppose the transfer deal was structured, so we could agree to get out of paying some of the future payments.

2 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

What's he done that is genius this window?  We've signed the 10th most expensive player ever signed in this league (who has on the bench last week) and an out of contract player from our managers previous club.

As expected we've sold JWP, Tino and soon to be Lavia for around what was mooted, a bit more for Lavia due to a bidding war breaking out between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Not sure he has reached genius level quite yet lol.

Well, compared to Ankersen maybe.

• Haha 1

Funny how clubs can negotiate all sorts of complicated deals about add-ons, sell ons, appearances etc but can't manage anything better with players themselves.

They can sign a 4, 5 and 8 year contracts on good money and there seems no way to reduce the cost of that if they go crap in years 2 to 5. 

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

any sign of Sulemana, or is he still at home getting treatment for his injury?

Was Simeu there too? I'm guessing we won't let him go out on loan until our CB situation is clearer. 

No, Sulemana wasn’t there and neither was Simeu. Just realised that Ballard wasn’t either. Funniest moment was watching Sam AA tackle Tall Paul. 
Edozie and Larios sat out the sprints but took part in the ball oriented exercises.

54 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Looks like mccarthy to everton has fallen through due to his high wage demands

20 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Blimey, he must have a bloody good agent.

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Or Everton are skint? 

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Or they watched him in, like, any match. We need to dump him wherever will have him

Or perhaps he just thinks he's better than he actually is and he's being unrealistic with his wage demands because someone at Saints, in their infinite wisdom, gave him a bumper contract that he didn't deserve.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

My lad asked RM earlier if Sulemana was staying and his reply was "he hopes so"  make of that what you will 😂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

Funny how clubs can negotiate all sorts of complicated deals about add-ons, sell ons, appearances etc but can't manage anything better with players themselves.

They can sign a 4, 5 and 8 year contracts on good money and there seems no way to reduce the cost of that if they go crap in years 2 to 5. 

Maybe have a basic pay structure and stick a performance related clause for all players - club does well then the players get rewarded. 

Cannot see it happening as players are on to a good thing as they are. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Genius? 

Fucking hell. 

Previous directors of football at our club would have sold Livermento for 25m, Lavia 35m tops and JWP probably 20m.

Yes he’s certainly getting us top dollar and I still think it’s going to continue if and when we sell others.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Previous directors of football at our club would have sold Livermento for 25m, Lavia 35m tops and JWP probably 20m.

Yes he’s certainly getting us top dollar and I still think it’s going to continue if and when we sell others.

He will be a genius when he has rebuilt our team, at the moment all he has done is oversee the dismantling of the  team. That was necessary but genius comes when the rebuilding is done.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I don’t like this

Me neither. Very suspect. Stalling for a possible Prem move possibly? If he was moving to Real Madrid, I suspect he'd take some Imodium and struggle through. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

My lad asked RM earlier if Sulemana was staying and his reply was "he hopes so"  make of that what you will 😂

I make of it as, `the club are just waiting for the buyer to meet our fee demand and then he is out of here. In the eventuality that they don't, he will be here until January and then negotiations will start all over again".