Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

Miles off Saturday got lucky, miles off it tonight. Playing catchup now. According to Leeds fans on social media they’ve already been promoted so we were only ever playing for the play offs. Lots of water to flow under the bridge.

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Like 1

Big test now. Perhaps the win on Saturday and record went to the team’s heads a little. Downes is a big miss but he’s one of 11 players. A loss might not be terrible if reduces pressure to keep extending it or ends the assumption that it’ll keep going regardless of effort. 

I'm guessing it must have been a huge adrenaline drop from Saturday. They look knackered and there just isn't enough intensity.

I hope this isn't indicative of Saints's weakness against the leagues better teams.

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Hey we had to lose one eventually. Concerning that we have such a poor record against top sides. Let's hope we see a reaction Friday 

WBA would probably have had this game done by HT

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Hey we had to lose one eventually. Concerning that we have such a poor record against top sides. Let's hope we see a reaction Friday 

Exactly this, anything else is dramatic

How I’m reading posts that we’re stuck here another season already ffs, weird bunch

• Like 2

This has been terrible tonight but the thing I find unbelievable is that after so many games unbeaten, we are still not in the top two. Pretty unlucky to have such strong teams in the league this year. I think this is the end of our automatic promotion hopes. Leicester and Leeds look unbeatable and we still have to play them both away.

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Exactly this, anything else is dramatic

How I’m reading posts that we’re stuck here another season already ffs, weird bunch

Yep, season is far from over. 

Bristol city fans singing "oh when the saints are staying down" Jesus Christ. 

Why can’t we ever have a go in away games?

Bristol City 2-0 (so far), Coventry 1-1, Huddersfield 1-1, Watford 1-1, Norwich 1-1.

The difference between promotion and EFL next season is our lack of finishing teams off effectively. But as long as we get 473,846,026 passes a game it’s fine.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

How many goals have we scored from crosses this season? Doesn't feel like many.

We haven't got a target man, haven't really since Ings left and when we did try to rectify that we bought a crock.

It's playoffs for us, been saying it for a while.

Been a great run but altimately we are likely to fall slightly short.

The hardest thing about these sort of performances leading to potentially not going up is knowing we’ll lose KWP and Harwood-Bellis and we’ll just slowly become stale over years like half of the championship currently are.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bristol City 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic