Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

25 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Wonder what was within the warehouse to produce such smoke.
Looks like some sort of rubber or similar content.

Saints shirts with ‘Manning’ on the back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, northam soul said:

I imagine the postponement has to be EFL approved so waiting for them to ok announcement.

That’ll cone at 7.30 this evening then if those idiots are involved 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs PNE - Wednesday 1945 - Fire near St Mary’s - Match in doubt
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs PNE - Match Postponed

Some years ago there was a massive fire in a Liebherr warehouse in Newport Pagnell which covered the area in black smoke. Numerous local businesses had to evacuate their premises. Is this Marcus trying to tell us something?

2 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Let's hope they don't reschedule this for the midweek before the last game of the season...

We'll end up with some sort of Sholing style fixture pile up from a couple of seasons ago when they had to play something like 10 games in 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

image.thumb.png.3da312a1d0319f393031197d3e3b1b8e.png

If SMS has been evacuated then there is pretty much zero chance of the game going ahead tonight, and probably explains why the club haven't made any kind of statement on social media yet.

Good shout.

Just now, Saint Scott said:

Part of the industrial building has now collapsed and the fire service have sent additional engines, totalling 18.

Jesus. Some of the images show the fire dangerously close to the stadium exterior, anyone know what the material is around the top? Is it perspex? 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Good shout.

Jesus. Some of the images show the fire dangerously close to the stadium exterior, anyone know what the material is around the top? Is it perspex? 

Polycarbonate rather than acrylic but I expect there would need to be an inspection of some sort.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I think this is an opportunity for Martin to say how brave the firefighters have been.  Tremendous courage.  So so proud of them.

Held their lines well and maintained 100% possession of that industrial estate. 

Total firefighting. 

27 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

You need a proper football ground to stage Southampton games….

Tbf, they have a lovely playing surface, they cover it with 5 million pounds worth of shit every home game 🤣🤣

• Sad 1

Next wednesday would be a good day for a rearranged game. KWP fit. Won't get too far behind other teams games wise and reduces our 20 day break. 

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Next wednesday would be a good day for a rearranged game. KWP fit. Won't get too far behind other teams ganes wise and reduces our 20 day break. 

Terrible date. I shall be out of the country.

Unconfirmed reports that it's the Rankersen Book Depository and Yoga Studio Inc. that's gone up in flames.  Rather interesting given the release of the financial statement earlier in the week. 

4 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Next wednesday would be a good day for a rearranged game. KWP fit. Won't get too far behind other teams ganes wise and reduces our 20 day break. 

Given Preston are away to Plymouth on Saturday 16th they could stay down here and have access to our training facilities if required. 
It would be a sensible solution………it won’t happen of course !!

8 games in April seems likely now. Even if we do take it to the last day at Elland road, we'll be knackered and the last thing we want is fatigue and injuries just before the play-offs.

Edited by Disco Stu

Good evening everyone.

I learned this afternoon of the fire in a warehouse near the Saint Mary Stadium.

My thoughts are with the fire brigade and the emergency services.

I sincerely hope that no-one was injured in this tragic fire.

It was a wise decision to postpone tonight's match.

Take care everyone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I doubt it, think it will be one of the midweeks in April.

Sky were due to show the game (on the red button) so that may also come into the consideration. I suspect they'd like to show the rearranged game on a midweek they don't already have games they plan to show.

12 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Unconfirmed reports that it's the Rankersen Book Depository and Yoga Studio Inc. that's gone up in flames.  Rather interesting given the release of the financial statement earlier in the week. 

Now, how could a book depository possibly become part of a conspiracy theory? 🙂

• Haha 1