Saints 1-1 Boro - Match Thread

goodymatt

1 hour ago, Challenger said:

Game following an all too familiar pattern thus far.

And in the traditional, time honoured way it comes to pass. The outfit that NEVER, EVER learn.

Naivity runs though this lot like words within a stick of rock.

Edited by Challenger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

FT 1-1

Nothing has really changed since before the break. We did not play well today, still can keep out the opposition, and a good advert why we are not going up.

Expect us to get beaten at Ipswich

Martin is a bang average manager, with a bag of riches with this squad.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

How many people here could see what was going to happen? There were multiple posts predicting a late equaliser, but sadly Russ can't see it.

I don't think in game tactics is one of RM's strong points. He's never struck me as one who knows how to change the momentum of a game with a clever switch or two.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 2

Just now, DT said:

So predictable and Martin-Saintsy. Che Adams is an appalling footballer. Still, easy money at the bookies

Behave he's not an appealing footballer at all at this level, just not premier league quality 

That has properly pissed me off. What the fuck did Valderama achieve? Jogging about conserving energy when he's only got 15 mins to play at best?! 

Fraser & Brookes were excellent. What could we have got with them playing longer?

And Che wants to take a long hard look at himself - he did well to be in the right positions to get the shots, but he really needs to be doing better.

• Like 2

Wow, we do not deserve to go up.  An extremely average side that had a hot streak.

Saints would get destroyed every week in the Prem.

Pathetic attacking play, pathetic defending and Che Adams can f*** right off at the end of the season.  Terrible footballer

• Like 4

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 1-1 Boro - Friday 3pm

So disappointing. Honestly, Adams is a waste of a strikers position. He has no pace, no composure and no positional sense. And seemingly other priorities other than scoring for Saints. Whether we go up or not, I’ll be glad to see the back of him.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Boro - Match Thread
3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Behave he's not an appealing footballer at all at this level, just not premier league quality 

You’re right. Not appealing at all

Che deserves to be dropped from the rest of the season on that piss poor showing, terrible showing in front of goal today from him and a few others too, just makes you wonder what Martin has had them doing in the time we had

• Like 3

It was how I feared, returned from a long break sluggish, slow and one-paced. We played within ourselves for most of that game.

The subs made us worse, Brooks especially. Might be controversial as he is a good player and I like him individually, but I think he's made us so much worse as a team for some reason. He just doesn't fit, there was an example of him jumping with KWP at the same time etc. He's just totally unsettled the entire side.

That one is on Adams though in the main. I still cannot fathom why PL clubs want him, he can't finish. He's a 2-5 goal a season PL player, 10-15 at best in the Champ. Today his finishing was just off the negative scale though.

A really shit and depressing start to this 10 game run, in fact it's probably already over before it even began. I guess it's now just about preparing to get into the playoffs with the best form possible and watch Ipswich, Leicester and Leeds battle it out from afar. I think we'll end up stranded in 4th.

Felt shit today so didn't go, seemingly made the right call.

• Like 3

Enough chances to win at a canter.

The 10 minutes of the ginger steward and the blokes banging the hoardings in the Kingsland Northern corner was a non footballing highlight of the season. Absolutely hilarious.

Just now, Morse said:

Play offs it is then, and I don't have much hope there to be honest.  At least next season we'll be shot of Che Adam's. Hopefully. 

Imagine it's the play off final. After a tough draw against Leicester, it's penalties. Saints are a goal down going into the final penalty, up steps Che Adams..... 

:uhoh: