January 18 transfer window

SKD

What a utter shambles our club is:

Incompetent Board that are not addressing issues, fans can see it that we are in a relegation fight........ it's ok we will keep our manager will keep serving up dross with stupid squad selections and inferior / bizarre subs / rotations it doesn't matter if we lose or end up in the championship why? because Pellgrino is a " nice guy "

It doesn't matter if we lose our Premiership status because we are adding scented soap to the stadiums toilets......

As for incoming transfers? forget about it our club is gradually being asset stripped if you cannot see this then you need to wake the hell up...

Pretty much this, although I'd say for point 5) it's more not getting in players with the correct attributes to replace Mane and Pelle. Someone who is physical and can hold their own against defenders, but also able to lay the ball off quickly and someone who is really quick and can play wide but get themselves into the area and hit the target.

Part of this was probably due to Claude wanting to play 4-1-2-1-2 with mobile forwards, though. I quite liked him, but think on balance he was probably the wrong manager for the players we had at the time. If we'd got in someone with a different philosophy who would have looked to play 4-2-3-1 and had asked for a target man as their signing instead of Gabbiadini (who I also like but who doesn't really work as a lone striker in the system we're looking to play) I think we'd be in a much stronger position.

Either that, or Mope should try playing the 4-1-2-1-2 as Gabbi and Long might work OK together with Boufal/Tadic behind them and Hoj, Lemina and Romeu all together in midfield.

I still think Redmond should be up alongside Long or Gabbi, his pace and trickery is an asset we have not used properly

I can't blame them for the VVD debacle. That was a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. The only person to blame there is that **** VVD (and the scousers of course).

Lemina was needed as a back-up/partner to Romeu. They were lucky last season that Reed's gamble that Romeu wouldn't get injured paid off. Hoedt looks like a decent buy.

The biggest cock ups:

1) The inability to bring in at least one bloody front man who can score goals. Not just last summer, but the summer before that as well (ever since we lost Mane and Pelle). It was clear to anyone with half a brain that we have been woefully inadequate in that department for ages. So what do they do instead, they sell JRod and loan out Gallagher.

2) The Fonte debacle of last season.

3) Sacking a decent manager who did the best considering 1) and 2) above, and replacing him with an Argentinian version of Wigley.

4) Not bringing in a mobile goalkeeper who can make saves, and relying on our statue in goal. This goes back several seasons (and may have cost us a top 4 place under RK).

5) Did I mention not getting in a front man who can score?

Best post I've read on here for a while.

I can't blame them for the VVD debacle. That was a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. The only person to blame there is that **** VVD (and the scousers of course).

Lemina was needed as a back-up/partner to Romeu. They were lucky last season that Reed's gamble that Romeu wouldn't get injured paid off. Hoedt looks like a decent buy.

The biggest cock ups:

1) The inability to bring in at least one bloody front man who can score goals. Not just last summer, but the summer before that as well (ever since we lost Mane and Pelle). It was clear to anyone with half a brain that we have been woefully inadequate in that department for ages. So what do they do instead, they sell JRod and loan out Gallagher.

3) Sacking a decent manager who did the best considering 1) and 2) above, and replacing him with an Argentinian version of Wigley.

4) Not bringing in a mobile goalkeeper who can make saves, and relying on our statue in goal. This goes back several seasons (and may have cost us a top 4 place under RK).

And there it is, in a nutshell :?

The biggest cock ups:

Nailed on. Pretty much - I don't seeing booting Puel as a cock up: with the knowledge at the time he didn't look like a proper long-term fit. However choosing MoPe as the replacement WAS a massive cock up though.

The related question is now what will they/can they do to address things? Have they got the balls/capabilities/money to dig us out of the hole we're in?

Of course. I'd do it for a fraction of that. Anyone that says they wouldn't either has no grasp on reality or is already loaded. Sentiment and loyalty only goes so far.

Of course, I'd do it for that and help them concede as many as possible, even if I only got paid for one week it would be well worth it.

Nailed on. Pretty much - I don't seeing booting Puel as a cock up: with the knowledge at the time he didn't look like a proper long-term fit. However choosing MoPe as the replacement WAS a massive cock up though.

They needed to have the replacement manager lined up before firing Puel, Just as Cortese did when he replaced Adkins. That was the biggest mistake....

Not our type of signing. Too expensive.

(But would help us out massively).

How can you say too expensive, do you want to stay in the dark ages or progress, i believe we spend all 75mill from Vandyke sale if Theo costs us 30mill it is in my opinion money well spent, he is a quality international player, a player highly respected by all in english football, why buy another European player when we have a great player on sale in UK now, we must invest in a quality player like Walcott, if we don't we are doomed to the championship, so come on Pellegrino do something POSITIVE and buy Theo Walcott.

Yes his wages are more than we pay but i'm sure every genuine fan would gladly pay £5 more for their ticket if it meant we got Theo back.

We will not survive without added quality, we have a great squad but a fumbling manager who doesn't appear to understand our premier league, his substitutions are bloody ridiculous any one else would have been sacked by now at other clubs??.

How can you say too expensive, do you want to stay in the dark ages or progress, i believe we spend all 75mill from Vandyke sale if Theo costs us 30mill it is in my opinion money well spent, he is a quality international player, a player highly respected by all in english football, why buy another European player when we have a great player on sale in UK now, we must invest in a quality player like Walcott, if we don't we are doomed to the championship, so come on Pellegrino do something POSITIVE and buy Theo Walcott.

Yes his wages are more than we pay but i'm sure every genuine fan would gladly pay £5 more for their ticket if it meant we got Theo back.

We will not survive without added quality, we have a great squad but a fumbling manager who doesn't appear to understand our premier league, his substitutions are bloody ridiculous any one else would have been sacked by now at other clubs??.

I can say too expensive because he's on nearly double our top earners.

I'm not saying I wouldn't sign him.

They needed to have the replacement manager lined up before firing Puel, Just as Cortese did when he replaced Adkins. That was the biggest mistake....

Don’t talk nonsense man, totally different situations. One was during the season, one was out of season. Keeping a manager until his replacement is lined up whilst the players are training and playing matches, makes sense as it minimises disruption. Keeping a manager when all the players are on holiday is totally pointless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but i'm sure every genuine fan would gladly pay £5 more for their ticket if it meant we got Theo back. NOPE

Football is travelling a path where the actors are getting ever more ridiculous remunerations. Couple that to the fact the the league is becoming ever more polarised with the them and us, with the them spending ever more ridiculous sums. I am travelling a very different path and am almost out of sight of football's path - getting me to stump up £5 more a ticket (presume that would be 19 tickets a season) would be the final nail in the coffin.

Interesting little article on two fronts one that a team like Wolves are spending almost PL levels of money in the Championship and two what a horrible **** up Chinese owners have made of A/C Milan spending cash they didn't really have

Why Wolves' link with £34million AC Milan striker Andre Silva isn't a major shock - it is merely the new normal

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/why-wolves-link-with-%C2%A334million-ac-milan-striker-andre-silva-isnt-a-major-shock-it-is-merely-the-new-normal/ar-BBIaGdr?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

Interesting little article on two fronts one that a team like Wolves are spending almost PL levels of money in the Championship and two what a horrible **** up Chinese owners have made of A/C Milan spending cash they didn't really have

Why Wolves' link with £34million AC Milan striker Andre Silva isn't a major shock - it is merely the new normal

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/why-wolves-link-with-%C2%A334million-ac-milan-striker-andre-silva-isnt-a-major-shock-it-is-merely-the-new-normal/ar-BBIaGdr?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

I'm afraid to say that Wolves, along with Man City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, PSG, Barca, Real etc are the reason I have fallen out of love with football. It has simply now become an exercise in spending the most money. And with that you get players who seem to forget how to behave in order to get those even more obscene wages (understandable, but there are ways of doing things). Wolves have a net spend of £46m over the past two seasons - I really hope that they fail to get to the PL, although I suspect they will get promoted. Makes FFP rules look rather pointless. By contrast to Wolves' £46m, over the past 2 seasons Derby (currently 2nd in the Champ) have a net receipt of £9m and Cardiff (in 3rd) a net spend of about £0.5m

if Theo costs us 30mill it is in my opinion money well spent - NOPE

he is a quality international player - NOPE

a player highly respected by all in english football - NOPE

so come on Pellegrino do something POSITIVE and buy Theo Walcott - Deluded.

Yes his wages are more than we pay but i'm sure every genuine fan would gladly pay £5 more for their ticket if it meant we got Theo back - Absolutely f*cking not.

The notion that someone/anyone would think that we would gladly pay an extra £5 a ticket so that someone can get £110,000 a week (rather than say, £70,000 a week) is utterly ridiculous. It shows just how ****ed up modern day football is and how some supporters see nothing wrong with it.

I guess that there is a reason that wages are quoted per week. Do some people really think that it is somehow less obscene? Walcott supposedly wants £5.72 million a year - and this person is suggesting we all stump up even more money to top up the (guessed) wage of £3.64 million that we might pay. Me, I'd be more than happy putting a wage cap on - say £20k a week. That's a ridiculous amount of money, and I doubt if you said to a 10yo kid "son, the most you'll ever earn out of football is £1m a year" that the kid is going to turn around and say "nah, can't be bothered getting out of bed for such a small amount". And playing football does not preclude you from getting a job once your playing career is over, even if the remuneration will likely be a lot lower.

HERNANDEZ ON THE MOVE?

We understand West Ham will listen to offers for Javier Hernandez.

The Mexico forward moved to West Ham from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m last summer but he has scored only four times this season.

David Moyes is concerned the squad he inherited from Slaven Bilic is unbalanced with too many attackers and not enough defenders.

Hernandez, who earns £115,000 a week, is the top earner at West Ham.

I'd say our defensive signings have been better than our attacking signings - and we need the latter.

Could not agree more back six are pretty good

The front four inconsistent and unable to score although last season we were creating chances but missing them this season not creating many chances but still missing chances created.

It is no wonder MP keeps changing them .

However finding goal scorers is not that easy look at Bentecke one goal all season but if we had scored an extra goal each month we could be in the top ten

HERNANDEZ ON THE MOVE?

The Mexico forward moved to West Ham from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m last summer but he has scored only four times this season.

David Moyes is concerned the squad he inherited from Slaven Bilic is unbalanced with too many attackers and not enough defenders.

Burnt out, will probably opt for the easy life at the MLS.

HERNANDEZ ON THE MOVE?

If he hasn't fallen to pieces since his outing at St Marys earlier this season, he could do a very good goalscoring job for us.

That rebound shot goal was about the quickest I've seen anyone react to a shot hitting the woodwork.

If he hasn't fallen to pieces since his outing at St Marys earlier this season, he could do a very good goalscoring job for us.

That rebound shot goal was about the quickest I've seen anyone react to a shot hitting the woodwork.

The problem is he literally has nothing else to his game. if we are guaranteed to hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times a game he'll be a great addition.

The problem is he literally has nothing else to his game. if we are guaranteed to hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times a game he'll be a great addition.

The thing is, as defenders get better and better blokes like Hernandez will have less and less effect on games, especially as they approach 30. Football has become very much a young man's game and the old adage of footballers approaching their best at 27/28 is just not true any more. With most top players playing 40 games a season from the age of 18 or 19, including internationals of course,some players are finished at 28 nowadays. Too many international tournaments every summer, didn't used to have all these high profile international cups for unders categories.

if Theo costs us 30mill it is in my opinion money well spent - NOPE

he is a quality international player - NOPE

a player highly respected by all in english football - NOPE

so come on Pellegrino do something POSITIVE and buy Theo Walcott - Deluded.

Yes his wages are more than we pay but i'm sure every genuine fan would gladly pay £5 more for their ticket if it meant we got Theo back - Absolutely f*cking not.

[emoji106]

HERNANDEZ ON THE MOVE?

A Shane Long that knows how to score. Yes please, I think he's quality.

Edited by Disco Stu
repeat link

So, what is it, day 12(?) since we announced to the world we had £75m to spend. And still no real sign of any changes? :uhoh:

Our squad is quite bloated, wondering if we are waiting for sales to make room. Last thing we would want is a heavy squad of PL earners and relegation.

It was fairly obvious from the start of the window that in our predicament we would not be making any permanent signings. Due to a combination of factors of a lack of players wanting to join us (partly due to uncertainty about who the manager would be), Saints not wanting to be fleeced by selling clubs knowing we have cash, and Saints being unwilling to commit to lengthy expensive contracts given our likely relegation.

It will be two or three loan signings at most. To expect any more than this is highly unrealistic.

It was fairly obvious from the start of the window that in our predicament we would not be making any permanent signings. Due to a combination of factors of a lack of players wanting to join us (partly due to uncertainty about who the manager would be), Saints not wanting to be fleeced by selling clubs knowing we have cash, and Saints being unwilling to commit to lengthy expensive contracts given our likely relegation.

It will be two or three loan signings at most. To expect any more than this is highly unrealistic.

Really should have worked to get at least one in before the vvd sale was made public.

HERNANDEZ ON THE MOVE?

A number of West Ham fans I know think he is stealing a living. Not sure I want another one of those.

Also funny how they don't have enough defenders & Fonte still doesn't get a game..............