Would you care if we got relegated?

benjii

Not really.

Not just saying as we are likely to be. The prem is utterly top 6 focused couple with our own failings

I mean, an owner like ours mean we will go down within a couple of years

I hope we continue to clear the decks so the inevitable financial bomb is not as bad

I would go as far to say that if all the teams, we deserve it more than all the others!

Not usually but Gao + the Championship would equal a financial ****storm.

Well. You say that, but I think thats what we need now. There is no way out of this downwards spiral (be it rapid or slow).

We went down before and started again, we were on course to be an established top half side and unfortunately Les Reed and his ego stole that possibility from us.

Now we have no winning mentality, a bang average youth set up, a below average bloated squad of players.

I am growing to absolutely despise what we have become in recent seasons. If relegation is inevitable, I would welcome the fastest possible route to the bottom myself. Then start again and this time hope we don't get any parasites like Reed climbing aboard.

Yes, what I don't want is to be fighting relegation every season. Mid-table obscurity in the Premier League may be boring, but I'd take it hands down right now. I look at Sunderland, Bolton and currently Stoke from recent years and do not want to end up like them. I genuinely thought under Hasenhuttl we'd have a decent season this season, but it seems we just don't have the on-field personnel.

Well. You say that, but I think thats what we need now. There is no way out of this downwards spiral (be it rapid or slow).

We went down before and started again, we were on course to be an established top half side and unfortunately Les Reed and his ego stole that possibility from us.

Now we have no winning mentality, a bang average youth set up, a below average bloated squad of players.

I am growing to absolutely despise what we have become in recent seasons. If relegation is inevitable, I would welcome the fastest possible route to the bottom myself. Then start again and this time hope we don't get any parasites like Reed climbing aboard.

We got lucky as **** with Markus wanting to buy the club.

People think it’d be like Adkins again, but more likely it’d be like Wotte. We’re only heading one way under this leadership though so it doesn’t really matter ultimately.

Wouldn’t be sad to see the back of 95% of this awful squad though.

I struggle to care at all to be honest. All the Chelsea fans singing about how sh*t our support is might change their mind if they had to sit through what we have for the last 3.5 years. I’ve not been to a game all season, just watching on Sky/Bt. Anyone who pays to watch that sh*te deserves a medal.

No, I’m not bothered if we go down.

Yes I would! The seasons under Adkins, Poch and especially Koeman were great! We played amazing football and produced some fantastic results.

I wouldn’t want to get relegated but we need to either rebuild again by putting in some promising young players to gel the team or have a system that suits the current players.

I struggle to care at all to be honest. All the Chelsea fans singing about how sh*t our support is might change their mind if they had to sit through what we have for the last 3.5 years. I’ve not been to a game all season, just watching on Sky/Bt. Anyone who pays to watch that sh*te deserves a medal.

Nah, they're fools for continuing to pay the ridicuous prices this club charge despite having one of the worst home records in England over the last 3 years.

Would I care, probably not, there's bigger clubs than us in the championship. I'd still be a fan, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest really. The bottom line is you play at the level of your players, ours are lower league.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Yes, for the livelihoods of the 50% of Saints staff who would lose their jobs if we go down.

In terms of who we're playing, the enjoyment of the PL pales when we're not competing. But don't assume a drop down would bring back the fun of winning. Look at Stoke and Huddersfield.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Funnily enough about 20 odd years ago I sat in the home stands up at Stamford Bridge when we beat them up there (was a midweek game and Tiss and Shipperley scored for us) anyway they were quiet as church mice until half time when they started booing and calling for Hoddle to go (which I happily joined in with). So, they're no different to us or any football fanbase.

Agree with everything else you said as well. Don't really care what division we're in as long as we're winning more than we're losing.

I look at Sunderland, Stoke and Huddersfield, who are clubs full of players that don't give a ****, are only there to pick up their wages and poorly mismanaged from the top to bottom and we're basically the Premier League version of that, which is where those three also started. So, if we were to also get relegated we would once more be fighting at the bottom end of the second tier and losing in the Championship is a lot worse than losing in the Premier League.

I would just be amazed if there are three teams worse than us, that keeps us up for the third season in a row, rather than us actually being any good.

If it meant the owner trying to sell the club then no I wouldn’t be bothered. Under gao we are going absolutely nowhere.

If you owned the club and saw the people running it wasting millions on poor buys would you go out on a limb to give them more? I read somewhere that Goa had given the impression that when he sees money well spent he might open the purse strings more.

Our much heralded youth system has provided little, are we still Les’s poor guidance and appointments? We certainly don’t seem to have very good judges of players young or old.

Am I right to question whether Jaidi is the type of person to coach players when he was hardly a silky player

I look at Sunderland, Stoke and Huddersfield, who are clubs full of players that don't give a ****, are only there to pick up their wages and poorly mismanaged from the top to bottom and we're basically the Premier League version of that, which is where those three also started. So, if we were to also get relegated we would once more be fighting at the bottom end of the second tier and losing in the Championship is a lot worse than losing in the Premier League.

I would just be amazed if there are three teams worse than us, that keeps us up for the third season in a row, rather than us actually being any good.

Yep, that’s where we belong.

More games and 3 o’clock kickoffs on a Saturday. What’s not to like?

Yes, I know there are sometimes odd kickoff times but in general they’re more friendly.

And this is exactly why i say, if relegation is inevitable, then I welcome the fastest possible route to the bottom so we can start again.

Ship any that don't want to be here out, and start again with kids and those that care. We are stale stagnant club in decline as it stands. Needs to change, or we can all may as well just skip the next 5-10 years whilst we sink.

And this is exactly why i say, if relegation is inevitable, then I welcome the fastest possible route to the bottom so we can start again.

Ship any that don't want to be here out, and start again with kids and those that care. We are stale stagnant club in decline as it stands. Needs to change, or we can all may as well just skip the next 5-10 years whilst we sink.

It is not that easy. Sunderland had lots of players on lucrative contracts and they sat and took the money as nobody wanted them. We could go down and never be seen for decades. Any youngster coming through would be snapped up and so we would be the same but at a lower level.

Nope. Not fussed about the top flight anymore until the top 6 and sky **** off to a European super League.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

We holiday all over the world and people love the Premier League. When I ask them which team they support or follow it’ Always Liverpool, or Man Utd, or Arsenal...

Sky have a lot to answer for. They’ve ruined the competitive structure of our top-flight football.

Club has been poorly managed since Cortese left.

Is just a matter of time for us sadly.

Even assuming superb management from here, would still take 3-4 years to recover from the Les and Ross show.

Club and fans lack passion and motivation. So probably deserve what's happened

If you owned the club and saw the people running it wasting millions on poor buys would you go out on a limb to give them more? I read somewhere that Goa had given the impression that when he sees money well spent he might open the purse strings more.

Our much heralded youth system has provided little, are we still Les’s poor guidance and appointments? We certainly don’t seem to have very good judges of players young or old.

Am I right to question whether Jaidi is the type of person to coach players when he was hardly a silky player

He hasn't got any ****ing money!

We got lucky as **** with Markus wanting to buy the club.

We did indeed. But the real problem came when we were still on a high. The complacency and arrogance was breathtaking, something that I commented on more than one occasion. People even believed we could never get relegated. I and Alpine were lambasted for even suggesting that if things didn't change we would be fighting relegation.

On top of this we were sold to an owner who had no intention of investing. We continued to sell our best assets and because we would not pay the current wage rates a could not attract the best players. As our star began to fade the problem was only exacerbated.

I am not worried about playing in the Championship, but I am concerned that we do not have the money to survive the drop and an owner who is likely to let us wither in the wind.

He hasn't got any ****ing money!

Carillo

Lemina

Ely

Danso (why sign then play out of position)

Hoedt

Look at the recruiting and our bench who could we have brought on to change shape or game. Midfield is shocking and when Yoshida (old 4th choice) now the best show where it’s gone wrong.

Haemorrhage money on dross

It’s a bit early to start worrying about relegation. Yes we’re an average side but we are better than this. If we do go down the quality of football in the Championship is good and there are plenty of games and no International breaks, so it’s not the end of the world. I don’t think we will go down though, although we clearly need to sort ourselves out.

Yeah I'd take it now, there's probably Bury fans feeling more optimistic than us.

Fu£k off tourists, half and half scarves, selfie taking, can i have your shirt signs. It's all a load of bòllocks

Yes. As we would be just as poor, but with less media coverage, in worse stadiums and playing much weaker sides. Would also mean any decent player we had would leave instantly. And I mean any decent player - we couldn’t even attract the likes of Gunn in the championship.

It’d be a financial disaster. In a years time you’d all be sat moaning that Saints are sh1t and fighting to stay up in the championship is rubbish. How much better off we’d be getting relegated and being in league 1....

It’d be awful, and a place that we may never escape from.

Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, charlton, Birmingham etc etc

Watching a bunch of kids play because they’re cheap. The Wotte days revisted. Umm thanks but no thanks...

Having seen Saints just survive in the top division for many years before finally going down, and then suffering the Poortvielt / Wotte era, when there was nothing to enjoy at all, I would prefer struggling in this division rather than go down to see (perhaps) more wins.

I agree with the comments on here about Sky ruining the top division, particularly for having to adapt weekends to watch Saints, like today, for the benefit of the couch potatoes.

I also think the division lines are now redrawn. There is the top 6;maybe two or three other clubs like we were for a few years hitting the glass ceiling; and then clubs from about 12th in this division to say 10th in the championship who are all provincial city clubs with a decent following.

Maybe it's time for the top 6 and Sky to clear off to a European League .

As much as I enjoyed going to championship and league 1 grounds, at the end of the day still want to see Saints competing with the best.

As much as I hate the focus on the top 6 and Sky ignoring the likes of Saints. I still want to see Saints competing at the top.

Although it doesn't happen very often now, I still love the look on the faces of glory boy supporters when they have lost to 'little old' Saints.

As much as I hate the Premier League, the money, Sky and the disparity between the top and the rest. At sometime changes will be made and unless we are the top table we will not have a say (as little as it will likely be deemed).

As much as I enjoyed going to championship and league 1 grounds, at the end of the day still want to see Saints competing with the best.

As much as I hate the focus on the top 6 and Sky ignoring the likes of Saints. I still want to see Saints competing at the top.

Although it doesn't happen very often now, I still love the look on the faces of glory boy supporters when they have lost to 'little old' Saints.

As much as I hate the Premier League, the money, Sky and the disparity between the top and the rest. At sometime changes will be made and unless we are the top table we will not have a say (as little as it will likely be deemed).

There’s your issue, we don’t. Playing in the same league Is not the same as competing with. Yes we might scrape the odd win against the top teams but the reality is we’re a million miles away from the days when big clubs hated coming to Southampton and we’d give them a game. It’s probsbly one of the easiest away trips of the season with our Chinese tourist, selfie taking, vlogers. My only issue with relegation is we’d be screwed financially, goa is the Chinese mike Ashley only wanting to spend the bare minimum to survive, If we go down it’d be back to,the Lowe days. I feel sorry for Ralph, a decent guy and good manager hamstrung by mistakes of the past and dodgy owners. The sad thing is if we like it or not relegation is inevitable sooner or later.

Do the top clubs still want their own league? I assumed they'd realised it was a bit like the Matrix, and if you remove hope of promotion from the wider football population, it could end up destroying the whole ecosystem.

It’d be interesting to see what happens if it did. It’s great for top teams now where they win every week. But the likes of Chelsea, man united and arsenal would all be near the bottom of the table in any European super league with their current teams. How enthusiastic would their fans be after seeing them team being smashed week in week out only winning a handful of times a season.