Hope so!
    Blimey that Forster one is brave!

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Increases risk of injury.
    This......

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Increases risk of injury.
    Increases his confidence.

(if it is possible for it to be higher than it is now)

I hope not but there’s no doubt it’s be great for him

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty 76 View Post

Hope so!
    You do realise that posting proof of bets placed isn't the done thing on here...?

11. Default

What are the actual words to the Ings chant?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He has said he has England ambitions, so whilst I want him to stay safe and without the injury risk, I do worry that after a season like this, if he didn't get a call-up then he might feel he needs a move to a more 'attractive' club at some point to achieve those ambitions.
    I'm torn!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Surely?
    With Kane injured, Ings will be in the England squad for the Denmark game and get on the pitch at some stage. Let's hope he does what Lambert did when he came on as a sub.

Stephens and Ward-Prowse could also get surprise call-ups for the Denmark game.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Surely?
    Hope not. Increased chance of injury and being tapped up by players from other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Hope not. Increased chance of injury and being tapped up by players from other clubs.
    What could an England player tell him in an England dressing room that he wouldn't already know in order to persuade him to join a club? Higher wages and Champions League football is why players have left us before, not England players talking to them at St Georges Park.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Stephens and Ward-Prowse could also get surprise call-ups for the Denmark game.
    JWP definitely in for a shout I reckon. He's playing better now than when he got his previous call up IMO

Danny Ings is The King of the Scummers,
    Danny Ings is the king i say,
    Playing football the Southampton way

Repeat

19. Default

Well, with 11 England players (apparently) starting today, including a potential replacement for the main striker who is injured, the England manager chose to attend Leeds vs Wednesday!!!

please no. dont want him mixing with all those players trying to tap him up

I bet there will be louder calls for Mason Greenwood than Danny Ings to be called up. By the media that is!

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    please no. dont want him mixing with all those players trying to tap him up
    Would you prefer the alternative? (A player frustrated not to get a call up who starts doubting whether playing for Saints is the best shop window)
    Last edited by trousers; 11-01-2020 at 09:58 PM.

After the Chelsea game highlights, MOTD ended up discussing Abraham leading the line for England in Kane’s absence.

The only other two mentioned were Rashford and bringing Vardy out of retirement. Unbelievable after scoring 10 in 10.

Lets hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Let’s hope not
    This......

Cannot see how Gareth can possibly ignore him in this form and with Kane out. What does Garth Crooks say?

Quote Originally Posted by GDog07 View Post
    After the Chelsea game highlights, MOTD ended up discussing Abraham leading the line for England in Kane’s absence.

The only other two mentioned were Rashford and bringing Vardy out of retirement. Unbelievable after scoring 10 in 10.
    I didn’t realise Vardy was retired? He has ruled himself out for England?

Seems like a weird thing to do with the Euros coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    With Kane injured, Ings will be in the England squad for the Denmark game and get on the pitch at some stage. Let's hope he does what Lambert did when he came on as a sub.
    Can already envisage the "ING-erland" headlines if that were to happen

Southgate tends to like youngsters so he might prefer to go with Abraham and Sancho up front.

If Ings does get in the squad for the summer he would have timed it well,England have a good chance of winning the Euros on home soil, we’d have to give him most of pre season off to recover though.

Ings already has one England cap so he’ll want to get off the one cap wonder list.

Might sound biased but if we keep this form up until the squad is announced in March I’d expect call ups for Alex McCarthy, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Stephens and James Ward-Prowse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLee View Post
    Danny Ings is the king i say,
    Playing football the Southampton way

Repeat
    errr, not that last line mate.

Smashing Pompey the Southampton Way

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    What could an England player tell him in an England dressing room that he wouldn't already know in order to persuade him to join a club? Higher wages and Champions League football is why players have left us before, not England players talking to them at St Georges Park.
    And how do you think the initial contact was made? It was well-known that the Liverpool players were sounding out Lallana about a move and next thing you know, 'his head's been turned'.

Not sure it's as nailed on as we might think - 23 man squad is usually two for each position and three goalkeepers right? So with Kane out, I expect Rashford and Abraham would be above Danny in the pecking order, though you could make an argument that Rashford plays as a winger for England when Kane's on. I expect Ings will be in the squad for the friendlies but not the Euro squad unless Kane breaks again.

JWP and McCarthy both have a good shout, and potentially Bertrand too though he's probably a bit old now.

33. Default

I think JRM is right, GS has tended to give the younger lads a go, which is refreshing, so can't see Ings getting a call up despite his form this season. I think he would be more effective than Abraham however, who is an exciting young talent but still a little raw. Kane and Rashford pick themselves IMO if fit, and we wait to see in Ings lasts the season without injury anyway. If he did get crocked in a pre-tournament friendly nobody connected with SFC will be happy that's for sure. Personally I think he deserves it and it's worth the risk.
    As for Vardy, it just shows how football has changed when players can tell the England manager they don't want to represent their country any more when they're nowhere near retirement from the sport, and it reflects badly on GS to "leave the door open". We have plenty of talented players so my attitude would be f*** him then.

34. Default

And how do you think the initial contact was made? It was well-known that the Liverpool players were sounding out Lallana about a move and next thing you know, 'his head's been turned'.
    Ings has already done the big club thing so I'm hopeful that he'll be happy to bide his time and at least give us another season after this one. He won't want to be back on the bench every week, that's for sure. Why not stick with a manager who has him playing the best football of his career and can offer him the prospect of a top half finish next session?

Absolutely nuts that people still believe this rubbish.

He's got an agent, he knows about money, he's heard of the Champions League, he would have his own ambition that he has managed to formulate himself as a fully grown adult.

People think humble little Saints players joining up with the England squad is something like Crocodile Dundee being shown around New York City for the first time. Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by GDog07 View Post

It was discussed on Radio Solent as well. Merrington's opinion was that Abrahams is probably the preferred like-for-like Kane replacement because Ings is better as part of a front two.

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Southgate tends to like youngsters so he might prefer to go with Abraham and Sancho up front.

If Ings does get in the squad for the summer he would have timed it well,England have a good chance of winning the Euros on home soil, we’d have to give him most of pre season off to recover though.

Ings already has one England cap so he’ll want to get off the one cap wonder list.

Might sound biased but if we keep this form up until the squad is announced in March I’d expect call ups for Alex McCarthy, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Stephens and James Ward-Prowse as well.
    Southgate 's played Callum Wilson and he's a few months older than Ings.

38. Default

Interesting perspective from Danny Murphy on talkSport. He said that he thought that Ings might make a couple of friendlies but not the squad. One of the reasons is that he plays for a small club and not in front of 70k where the expectations are so much higher etc etc blah blah (although the same obviously wasn't applied to Vardy). Was asked whether his (Ings) stint at LFC might count against him, and he said "yes".

With Kane out, it would be stupid not to include him and give him a run out. The guy is full of it right now, a headache for the best defenders as he just pops up everywhere.

Look how alert he was when he hit that shot against the bar, he just never stops buzzing around right now. Having someone like that up front is great for any team and England will beneift - if he comes from a 'small club' who gives a ****.

Read the Times and the Suns football pullout this morning. Both articles on our game champion Ings for England.

How’s Rooney getting on?

Maybe Rooney and Sturridge with Lingard running in behind?

42. Default

https://www.90min.com/posts/6536132-...-than-expected

​Tottenham manager Jos Mourinho has claimed Harry Kane could be out for far longer than initially believed after the striker tore his hamstring on New Year's Day.

"We expect him to be out until mid-April, end of April, May, next season. I dont know."

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Can already envisage the "ING-erland" headlines if that were to happen
    Nearly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0806c4k

Danny Ingland and taking 5 a side too seriously

Abraham, Rashford, Sancho, Stirling and one from Kane (if fit), Vardy (if Southgate pursues him) or Ings

The squad will need five attacking options, including winger type players such as Sterling.

Id love to see Ings as an option as he offers something different to the others. Hes ideal coming off the bench if two up top is needed and unlike all the others hes a penalty box poacher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blimey looking like Ings might be the last man standing for an Ingerland call with Kane broken, now Rashford is Broken with a double stress fracture in his back according to social media reports and martin Tyler on the commentary just now

What odds for Ings to be top goal scorer at Euro 2020?

Is Danny England's 'Miss Ings Link'?

he's been **** in the last two games tbf

Abraham and Vardy crocked as well now, Ings will probably start at this rate.

Sancho and Sterling will play wide, Rashford can too, if fit.

I'd imagine we'd take 4 proper strikers for a tournament, whether to play 2 up front or back up, especially with so many half fit. Kane and Rashford will go unless properly crocked. Abraham probably will, so there's one more space.

Between Wilson, Greenwood and Ings I'd imagine.