CONFIRMED: Saints sign Juanmi on four-year deal

trousers

I like the club doing business like this.....no messing about! More please ....

There is clear evidence just a few posts above that there has been plenty of messing about - this is our latest EVER "first signing" in the Premier League since we came back, in a close season where we haven't changed managers.

;)

No negative posts yet. Can someone please trot out one of the following:

"doing deals on the cheap"

"typical lightweight Spanish player, won't be suited to the Premier League - look what happened when we got that bloke from Spurs on loan"

"this definitely means Mane is leaving"

"why aren't we using the perfectly good players we have in the U21's"

It just doesn't feel right until someone has slagged him off.

No, we're all reasonable here. We won't write him off completely until he's had at least 2 bad pre-season matches.

Looking at the video there is grass on the pitch as he came out of the tunnel. I thought the pitch had been dug up and then reseeded? Does anyone know if it has been turfed or was the video taken sometime earlier? Looks a good buy though welcome to St Mary's Juanmi.

Looking at the video there is grass on the pitch as he came out of the tunnel. I thought the pitch had been dug up and then reseeded? Does anyone know if it has been turfed or was the video taken sometime earlier? Looks a good buy though welcome to St Mary's Juanmi.

I should think we've already returfed it in the 2 weeks since the record-breaking match, our season starts in 6 weeks, no time to hang about.

Last year they had to basically build a pitch from the start, as they had to lay under-soil heating. This year it's purely standard maintenance, so a strip back of the top layer and then re-seed (which I think was done a few weeks back, so would have grown a bit since then).

From the BBC site

Not exactly the sort of performance to set the Premier League alight. Guess time will tell....

It's a relatively low risk purchase based on his potential.

What sort of goal return from last season would get you excited?

Looking at the video there is grass on the pitch as he came out of the tunnel. I thought the pitch had been dug up and then reseeded? Does anyone know if it has been turfed or was the video taken sometime earlier?

The pitch was ripped up on 5th June and new seeds planted on 7th June. It doesn't take long for you to start seeing green shoots.

If they reseeded a month ago it would be growing strongly by now.

No negative posts yet. Can someone please trot out one of the following:

"doing deals on the cheap"

"typical lightweight Spanish player, won't be suited to the Premier League - look what happened when we got that bloke from Spurs on loan"

"this definitely means Mane is leaving"

"why aren't we using the perfectly good players we have in the U21's"

It just doesn't feel right until someone has slagged him off.

how about a cynical post?

Slated to be sold to Liverpool in the summer of 2018 for 30 million.

how about a cynical post?

Slated to be sold to Liverpool in the summer of 2018 for 30 million.

I'd be very happy with that. Would mean he had done very well for us to justify that fee. Three years free goalscoring and a £25m profit. Perfect

We have a lot of comedians on SWF! :-D

Welcome to club Juanmi. I know nothing of your talent but look forward to finding out. One thing sticks out though - at just £5 odd million this is a very low risk transfer in today's market. (A la Mayuka. :-) )

An early signing, an excellent and exciting prospect and a steal at £5m. Well done Saints.

Yes, and so many of us were criticising Saints last season for selling players without having replacements signed up.

I hope we manage to keep our stars, but if not this is the way to do it.

Welcome to SFC Juan

I really don't get people leaving messages on here for him - he's not going to read them you know.

You lie, I have you know Osvaldo nutted Fonte because of something derogatory Jose put about him on SWF.

(The above may not be true.)