Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, gammon cheeks said:

Lemina Reed and Boufal would have been a far better option on the bench than what we had last night ! 

That was my point. I totally understand selling them if they aren't in our plans but someone like Reed especially it's galling to see a team like Fulham having more options in midfield than we currently have. We go into every season over the last few years with gaping holes in our team and we've been quite lucky with injuries but that luck will run out eventually. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

That was my point. I totally understand selling them if they aren't in our plans but someone like Reed especially it's galling to see a team like Fulham having more options in midfield than we currently have. We go into every season over the last few years with gaping holes in our team and we've been quite lucky with injuries but that luck will run out eventually. 

This year its the turn of gaping holes in midfield ...and with Boufal gone no creativity whatsover!

What I find incredibly disappointing is that Lemina played under Bielsa at Marseille for 2 years, was one of his linchpins in center midfield. Marseille were one of the best pressing teams so saying Mario doesn’t fit Ralph’s style of play is a load of bollox.

It was Bielsa’s departure from Marseille that pushed Mario to Juventus, he admitted that years later.

I’m sure personalities clashed between Mario and Ralph and that is a shame because he is exactly what we need in center midfield.

He will take Reed s place in center mid for Fulham and will forge a nice partnership with Zambo Anguissa, that I can guarantee you as he is a better footballer than Reed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Total Football said:

Lemina starts for Fulham!

#Lemina20AppearancesWatch

I approve of the hashtag usage :) 

I read an article earlier about Parker talking him up & wanting to play him through the middle.

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

See he got subbed off today, guessing he didn't run the midfield for them?

I only saw some of the first half but he looked crap, constantly losing possession and miscontrolling the ball. Reed on the other hand was neat and tidy, providing a link from defence to midfield. 

Shame because I'd want Fulham to buy him at the end of the season. Hope he shines before then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2020 at 15:33, SNSUN said:

I only saw some of the first half but he looked crap, constantly losing possession and miscontrolling the ball. Reed on the other hand was neat and tidy, providing a link from defence to midfield. 

Shame because I'd want Fulham to buy him at the end of the season. Hope he shines before then.

He's not on loan at Fulham. They've already bought him .......for an undisclosed fee......as far as I know.

1 minute ago, waylander said:

I think SNSUN was refering to Lemina, who is on loan.

My apologies - although SNSUN was referring to the first half and I didn't think Lemina came on until the end.......when Leicester scored. Coincidence? Anyway, sorry if I misinterpreted. Although, to be fair, my old boots have got more chance of shining than Lemina.

11 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

My apologies - although SNSUN was referring to the first half and I didn't think Lemina came on until the end.......when Leicester scored. Coincidence? Anyway, sorry if I misinterpreted. Although, to be fair, my old boots have got more chance of shining than Lemina.

Two different matches. Tbf Lemina poor in both.

Reed wouldn’t get into our first team given the form of Romeu and JWP. Would be competing with Diallo for the bench place, when he would be guaranteed first team football at Fulham after last year’s loan. We did get a fair amount of money for him too.

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Reed wouldn’t get into our first team given the form of Romeu and JWP. Would be competing with Diallo for the bench place, when he would be guaranteed first team football at Fulham after last year’s loan. We did get a fair amount of money for him too.

While that's probably true, I think Reed would offer as much to Saints as JWP and Romeu in midfield and ideally I would have preferred him to have stayed as one of four midfielders with Diallo.   Smallbone would have made way as I doubt he will make the grade.     Looking forward to seeing the Saints v Fulham game to see how the midfield tussles work out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, austsaint said:

While that's probably true, I think Reed would offer as much to Saints as JWP and Romeu in midfield and ideally I would have preferred him to have stayed as one of four midfielders with Diallo.   Smallbone would have made way as I doubt he will make the grade.     Looking forward to seeing the Saints v Fulham game to see how the midfield tussles work out.

I just can't agree that Reed would offer as much as JWP and Romeu. To me he is nowhere near their level, either defensively, technically, or in an attacking sense. I haven't seen enough of Diallo to comment, and in truth he is going to struggle to get into the team ahead of the aforementioned duo. Reed would have competed with smallbone and Diallo for a spot on the bench and that's it.

Yes, I would rather have a home grown academy player taking up a slot, but not if they don't want to be here. Ultimately he wanted first team football and that's fair enough, i wish him well but i'm not upset that he's gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice