Wigan Away Match Thread

Goalie66

Seems the bookie are expecting a home win too, struggling to find much better than around the 3/1 mark for a home win.

3/1 is not expecting a home win and literally is expecting a home win one every four times

I assume everyone who was boycotting has now bought their tickets?

Pretty much. Thought I'd go a few weeks back but Pellegrino had drained any sort of enthusiasm out of me. I did check the tickets this morning but didn't buy. Made other plans for Sunday, but then the news broke.

Looks like an 8-hour round trip to Wigan for me after all - block 2!

Surely now we will play 4 2 4 in a winner takes all game, with pace passion teamwork and enthusiasm backed by a howling vociferous red army?

I can see the goals flooding in at the DW in a frenzied good old fashioned blood and thunder cup tie.

This could literally go either way. Wigan are a decent side, especially at home - but we have far superior players (so did city though, to be fair).

If it's Davis and Watson in charge I suspect a loss, if it's a new manager then who knows.

Looking forward to this one. Bit of a free hit as far as I'm concerned - win and we have a day out at Wembley, lose and we're not the only ones to suffer that fate. New ground for me and the boy as well - I believe that parking is pretty easy at the DW?

Surely Radhi Jaidi or Kelvin will be put in charge for the Wigan game and then we have a break until West Ham be ideal to get a new manager during that period.

It’s an FA cup quarter final, we need someone in for it.

Yeah, they don’t sell them for some reason.

I think they discovered the concourses were not suitable for 5500 all wanting a pee at half time, so had to reduce numbers.

Maximum of 428 left as I just acquired my ticket. just hoping it wont be another Brammel Lane debacle, and we come out and compete for every ball.

My tickets have just arrived -top of Block 3.

Believe it or not there is a chance (albeit slight ) of more snow on Sunday, so keep an eye on the weather forecast! Travel could be tricky.

My tickets have just arrived -top of Block 3.

Believe it or not there is a chance (albeit slight ) of more snow on Sunday, so keep an eye on the weather forecast! Travel could be tricky.

'Interesting' weather forecast for Sunday, light snow showers in the SE, 'heavy snow showers' locally up the MI/M6 between about 09-00 and 11-00 Sunday morning. No threat to the game but not ideal at all.

'Interesting' weather forecast for Sunday, light snow showers in the SE, 'heavy snow showers' locally up the MI/M6 between about 09-00 and 11-00 Sunday morning. No threat to the game but not ideal at all.

Yes, I shall be keeping a very close eye on the forecast as my son and I will be travelling up from Oxfordshire at this exact time!

182 = Block 1

22 = Block 2

19 = Block 6

206 = Block 7

429 Total Remaining @ 12:30

As of 20 mins ago latest is;

1 - 173

2 - 11

6 - 10

7 - 172

Total left = 366

Should be able to shift most of those next couple of days unless people are put off by posts on here of snow and Obafemi up front :mcinnes:

Just play our strongest team and win the cup FFS

Looking forward to this but still fear caretaker management of Kelv and Jaidi perfectly re-enacting our Bristol Rovers defeat under Dodd and Williams.

Chose Manchester instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A night out on the town with Brighton fans then, they've sold 4,500 of a 5,500 allocation, so taking similar numbers to us.

Wigan have a big game tonight, a Lancs/Yorks derby away at Bradford, they're still going for 'The Double' (promotion/Cup) and after their 3 PL scalps so far will probably see this as their easiest FA Cup game so far.

*Trying not to think of Tranmere and Sheff Utd away cup games*

A night out on the town with Brighton fans then, they've sold 4,500 of a 5,500 allocation, so taking similar numbers to us.

Wigan have a big game tonight, a Lancs/Yorks derby away at Bradford, they're still going for 'The Double' (promotion/Cup) and after their 3 PL scalps so far will probably see this as their easiest FA Cup game so far.

*Trying not to think of Tranmere and Sheff Utd away cup games*

Never mention tranmere!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You just did. [emoji15][emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hold myself personally responsible for Tranmere as I phone my Dad at half time confidently talking about sorting tickets and logistics for the next round!

Never again will I make that mistake

Buzzing for this now, sold loads of tickets, new ground for a lot of fans, and feels like we've lost a cloud of negativity with Pellegrino gone. Players will want to impress and put in a performance after last weeks shambles. Assuming Gabbiadini gets a boost, I'd be tempted to start him over Carrillo...get some players around him though.

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Hojbjerg Romeu

Redmond Boufal Tadic

Gabbiadini

I think they discovered the concourses were not suitable for 5500 all wanting a pee at half time, so had to reduce numbers.

Don't you guys queue then? :-) I have to say that my pre-match consumption of beers increased tremendously following the move to St. Marys and not having to rely on the under East Stand facilities..

I don't want to do a John D, but is the semi-final date of the 21st April likely to be changed to the Sunday? It's my Sunday team's last match of the season and I really don't want to miss either game.

Don't you guys queue then? :-) I have to say that my pre-match consumption of beers increased tremendously following the move to St. Marys and not having to rely on the under East Stand facilities..

I don't want to do a John D, but is the semi-final date of the 21st April likely to be changed to the Sunday? It's my Sunday team's last match of the season and I really don't want to miss either game.

If we progress, then there will be one semi-final on the Saturday (21 April), and one on the Sunday (22 April). So basically a 50/50 chance at this moment in time.

Hope not the 22nd as running London marathon and may still be running 3pm !

Ah, that's a good point.

If we do get through there will be another game to rearrange.We could be deep in the mire before we have the games against Swansea and Leicester. On the other hand, they may have nothing left to play for.

I read somewhere the front 10 or so rows were not being sold, is that still correct ?

Yeah, they don’t sell them for some reason.

There were only about 3 rows left empty for Man City fans but they did have netting over the front sections in the home stands.

We had the front rows when we last visited, maybe it's after the issues they had with the moody mancs in the last round.

Around 4,000 up there that day and conceded a...typical...89th equaliser.

There were only about 3 rows left empty for Man City fans but they did have netting over the front sections in the home stands.

We had the front rows when we last visited, maybe it's after the issues they had with the moody mancs in the last round.

Around 4,000 up there that day and conceded a...typical...89th equaliser.

Yeah, must be police advice.

I have 3 x Adult Tickets available for this game if anyone is interested, as we cant make the game now :(

Happy to take £45 for the 3 (£15 each per ticket - we paid £20 each). I am based in Bournemouth if you want to collect, or I could drop in Andover as parents are there, or I could post them 'recorded delivery' when they arrive with me (club have said they should arrive tomorrow).

Email me if interested: louis@see-digital.co.uk

Cheers.

Yeah, must be police advice.

If you watch the video showing the end of game celebrations the Wigan fans go on the pitch and down to the City end to taunt them. So keeping the front rows empty prevents possible fisticuffs if they do this against us.

I remember after the 2-2 draw there was a bit of trouble outside the ground. The Wigan fans tried to push Saints fans into the canal. I didn't see anyone go in but it was unpleasant.

If you watch the video showing the end of game celebrations the Wigan fans go on the pitch and down to the City end to taunt them. So keeping the front rows empty prevents possible fisticuffs if they do this against us.

I remember after the 2-2 draw there was a bit of trouble outside the ground. The Wigan fans tried to push Saints fans into the canal. I didn't see anyone go in but it was unpleasant.

I saw some scuffles on the bridge going over the canal. Ended up petering out when some Saints fans helped a local woman who wasn't at the match cross the bridge with her kids.