Fulham v Saints Build Up

trousers

Is Gallagher fit?

He doesn't seem to have featured at all or appeared in training photos, not that I study those. And isn't Long out for a few weeks with his ankle?

Gabbiadini, Austin and Obafemi might be our only options.

I'd play Ward-Prowse as a false number 9.

Gallagher and Long are both injured.

Fit strikers are Austin, Gabbi and Obafemi.

Sorry, did you just use "fit" and "Austin" in the same sentence? [emoji44]

Please give Obafemi a chance. Although I guess we will start with Charlie.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We will win, they're under just as much pressure as we are. Away from home, we'll get the three points.

BELIEVE

I couldn't get tickets in the away end but my son managed to get a couple of seats in a Fulham stand. Hoe long before we get chucked out?

Maybe Marcus Barnes will make the squad?
Don't think we can play him in the league because he didn't make our 25 man squad and is too old to count as a youth player. If Ings isn't fit I would give Obafemi a chance and keep Gabbi on the right after his decent showing against Watford.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looks like Lemina and Elyounoussi are doubts too. Romeu for Lemina obviously if he's out,

What I'm hoping we don't do is put Gabbiadini up front and Elyounoussi wide - don't think it works.

And Gabbiadini was so much better in the attacking wide position against Watford.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd rather lose than draw, genuinely. Least it means we're closer to Hughes going. The only silver lining.

we lose and fulham get to 8 pts

a loss to wolves/leicester to see hughes gone= **** but possibly understandable

loss to fulham tomorrow? unforgivable... draw is hardly acceptable either tbh

Don’t forget to jump up and down when we lose to a last minute goal.

Where do we get these fcking fans from?

I realise on the face of that comment, it sounds worse than I meant. 100% I want us to win, obviously that goes without saying. I want to be happy on a saturday evening for a change as much as anyone else.

Just saying that IMO a draw is a rubbish result, and with a bit of spin, would possibly keep Hughes going for a bit longer. I wanted it to work with Hughes, genuinely, but it isn't so a change has to happen and a loss would probably give that a better chance of that. I'm not saying I don't want us to win for even a second. We nearly went down as a result of death by a thousand draws last year and I don't think we'll be saved this time round.

Just saying if I had a choice of a loss and Hughes to go, or another pointless and frustrating draw against a team we should be beating, I'd probably sacrifice the one point and roll the dice thats all.

I realise on the face of that comment, it sounds worse than I meant. 100% I want us to win, obviously that goes without saying. I want to be happy on a saturday evening for a change as much as anyone else.

Just saying that IMO a draw is a rubbish result, and with a bit of spin, would possibly keep Hughes going for a bit longer. I wanted it to work with Hughes, genuinely, but it isn't so a change has to happen and a loss would probably give that a better chance of that. I'm not saying I don't want us to win for even a second. We nearly went down as a result of death by a thousand draws last year and I don't think we'll be saved this time round.

Just saying if I had a choice of a loss and Hughes to go, or another pointless and frustrating draw against a team we should be beating, I'd probably sacrifice the one point and roll the dice thats all.

I think Hughes will be sacked anyway when we appoint our new DoF (or whatever job title we're going with). Losing to Fulham for this purpose would be pointless as we're not going to sack Hughes without a DoF in place to appoint a new manager and having a caretaker would probably be a disaster.

This is a 6 pointer and anyone hoping for anything other than a win is bonkers IMO. It's a 'must not lose' if nothing else.

I think Hughes will be sacked anyway when we appoint our new DoF (or whatever job title we're going with). Losing to Fulham for this purpose would be pointless as we're not going to sack Hughes without a DoF in place to appoint a new manager and having a caretaker would probably be a disaster.

This is a 6 pointer and anyone hoping for anything other than a win is bonkers IMO. It's a 'must not lose' if nothing else.

It's our 13th league game, which means that if we lose, we'll be over a third of the way through the season with just 8 points. At the same stage last season, under Pellegrino, we had 16 points.

Just realised rugby is at 3. Anyone know how widespread the industrial action is on Saturday. So looking forward to Calcutta express experience with the rugger buggers

One train an hour, there and back.

Going to be bedlam I imagine.

We have an atrocious record against promoted sides. But then again we have a poor record against everyone right now.....

I got a feeling we will win this one though. Some dodgy ref decision to give us a penalty.

Either that or JWP makes it 4 **** ups in 4 games and we lose 1-0.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures and the effect a Fulham win could have on them with a new Manager I think its fair to say this is an absolute must not lose game, if not must win for us.

Lose and its very hard to see us having more than 15 points at Christmas which is quite frankly, abysmal and should see multiple heads roll.

He doesn't seem to have featured at all or appeared in training photos, not that I study those. And isn't Long out for a few weeks with his ankle?

Gabbiadini, Austin and Obafemi might be our only options.

I'd play Ward-Prowse as a false number 9.

Not a great set of options, Gabbi and Obafemi it is.

JWP a false 9 thought? False footballer more like

We have an atrocious record against promoted sides. But then again we have a poor record against everyone right now.....

I got a feeling we will win this one though. Some dodgy ref decision to give us a penalty.

Either that or JWP makes it 4 **** ups in 4 games and we lose 1-0.

What you should have said.......

We have an atrocious record....