Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 minute ago, revolution saint said:

I’d be happy with one of Warnock, Pulis, or Dave Bassett. Failing that then maybe a dream ticket combo where we pair an ageing manager with a former player. Souness and Paul Telfer would be ideal.

Rory Delap would have been better. But we’d still not manage to attract his nipper to play for us instead of City’s reserves. 

2 hours ago, Kermitzasaint said:

You have a history of adoring managers who others hated though.

Yeah and funnily enough I was right then as well.

I do miss the days when literally everyone hated Pellegrino. The last time the fan base was united

Edited by Pamplemousse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

We have been shit in the premier League, the best time to be us was when we were in league 1 and championship as we were winning more often than not.

2019-20: finished 11th

2016-17: finished 8th

2015-16: finished 6th

2014-15: finished 7th

2013-14: finished 8th

2002-03: finished 8th

2001-02: finished 11th

2000-01: finished 10th

1994-95: finished 10th

For a club our size, that’s ‘shit’ is it? 

• Like 2

I always go back to what Markus said when he took us over, he wanted to create a sustainable club and get us back in the 'Top 10' of the PL where we belong.

I think that's where we need to be if i'm honest. the 90's weren't like that as we battled every year, but I like to think we have the potential to be a decent Top 10 team. Being in that group allows you the opportunity to break through one season, maybe, although it's getting harder.

I get what Martin and co were saying in that it's tougher every year, but it brings back the old question we had on here a while back ''Is the PL too rich for us?''. If we're not prepared to join the riches or speculate to accumulate then ultimately we will slip down the leagues and face financial hardship. I think that was a risk under Gao, but we have new owners now who seem to be prepared to go for it a bit - but the end of the window will tell us the true picture I think.

Martin said the above in that the drive is to be a top 10 team, but I was also irritated by the ''we should be pleased to be here'' narrative that was put out there too, it kind of makes us sound like a noddy club punching above it's weight. I don't think we should be.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I always go back to what Markus said when he took us over, he wanted to create a sustainable club and get us back in the 'Top 10' of the PL where we belong.

I think that's where we need to be if i'm honest. the 90's weren't like that as we battled every year, but I like to think we have the potential to be a decent Top 10 team. Being in that group allows you the opportunity to break through one season, maybe, although it's getting harder.

I get what Martin and co were saying in that it's tougher every year, but it brings back the old question we had on here a while back ''Is the PL too rich for us?''. If we're not prepared to join the riches or speculate to accumulate then ultimately we will slip down the leagues and face financial hardship. I think that was a risk under Gao, but we have new owners now who seem to be prepared to go for it a bit - but the end of the window will tell us the true picture I think.

Martin said the above in that the drive is to be a top 10 team, but I was also irritated by the ''we should be pleased to be here'' narrative that was put out there too, it kind of makes us sound like a noddy club punching above it's weight. I don't think we should be.

You're absolutely spot on. It is galling to hear that from the top of the club, especially given clubs like Brighton have shown positivity and creativity striving to thrive in the PL, rather than just surviving. 

The condescending, negative tone of Martin is worrying. It shows a lack of ambition and drive that may well then spread throughout the club.

• Like 3

The speculation is so rife now that Hassenhuttl has lost the confidence of the dressing room, it seems appropriate to have a new topic focused just on should he go, will he stay?

if the rumours are true that a significant number of players are surprised he’s not yet been sacked, and if also the nes coaching team have doubts about him, surely those are factors thd owners cannot disregard. 
At the very least, we ought to have the deadly vote of confidence in the manager from the Board. Then we’d know he was on his way. 

5 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

You're absolutely spot on. It is galling to hear that from the top of the club, especially given clubs like Brighton have shown positivity and creativity striving to thrive in the PL, rather than just surviving. 

The condescending, negative tone of Martin is worrying. It shows a lack of ambition and drive that may well then spread throughout the club.

Last season was the first and only time they finished above 15th in the table and they immediately sold their two best players. In what aspect are they ‘thriving’?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

I think Martin talks sense a lot of the time but it's the negativity and the 'we're lucky to be here' stuff that must filter around the club. I don't know if this is a pre-contrived narrative that they're peddling to make us act/behave like underdogs in the hope it'll create success? It just seems a bit counter intuitive to me. I want to hear my club tell me that we're going to give it a crack, we're going to try and upset the pack. I know that probably won't happen and oppo may laugh at those statements from our owners, but I don't care - I just want to feel as if the club I support have those dreams, otherwise what's the point?

Ralph adopts the same tone. The beating Liverpool 1-0 and then acting like we'd just performed the greatest act of giant killing known to man, or the admission before games that we can't compete with these teams. Fair enough think that internally, but surely you want to create more of a bullish look from the outside.

We then had the ''stop the count' bollocks when we went top of the league for a couple of days? All of this feels like this is a club mantra that we're trying to put out there, plucky underdogs with 'little money' are upsetting the apple cart etc. It's not working so far.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 4

This may have been mentioned previously in the thread, but the thing I found disappointing last week was the new Spanish coach Ruben Selles wasn’t sat next to Ralph on the bench. It was still Kitzbichler who doesn’t seem to be a good sounding board (or is ignored). I thought a new number 2 with different ideas would improve us but on last week’s showing we don’t have a new assistant manager just different training ground coaches (which was needed but number 2 is too). 

50 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Last season was the first and only time they finished above 15th in the table and they immediately sold their two best players. In what aspect are they ‘thriving’?

Potter has finished above Saints and Ralph an entire one time. Their record transfer fee is an astonishing and unimaginable for Saints twenty million pounds.

Yes, they look okay for another season but the way people carry on you'd think they are on an unstoppable march to Europe forever now.

• Like 3

I'm reasonably defensive of what Ralph has achieved at Saints in challenging circumstances but what concerns me most right now - more than our defence and ability to collapse under pressure - is how little of a clue we have in the final third.  I know we have a chaotic style of play but we look seriously short of ideas, patterns and general behaviours in the final third to have a goal threat.  Every game there are significant passages of play where the players are all on the wrong page and its been consistently like that since February.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Not often the opposition take pity on you and decide they have scored enough for the day.

Wasn't there a debate here, where someone held up the xG for the game saying that it wasn't that horrible? Then having to be told that Chelsea let us off the hook for large parts of the game.

2 hours ago, St. Mulv said:

This may have been mentioned previously in the thread, but the thing I found disappointing last week was the new Spanish coach Ruben Selles wasn’t sat next to Ralph on the bench. It was still Kitzbichler who doesn’t seem to be a good sounding board (or is ignored). I thought a new number 2 with different ideas would improve us but on last week’s showing we don’t have a new assistant manager just different training ground coaches (which was needed but number 2 is too). 

Last time there was an Austrian who liked to be a dictator, it didnt end well, lol

On 12/08/2022 at 12:36, nta786 said:

I would genuinely chuck a £12m a year contract at him on a 3 year deal 

If we lose today .. SR should put in everything they have to get poch ..I know he’s probably waiting for ten hag to get sacked but wot a home coming it would be to have him back with all the experience he’s gained after managing us.. the city would be buzzing again !

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

If we lose today .. SR should put in everything they have to get poch ..I know he’s probably waiting for ten hag to get sacked but wot a home coming it would be to have him back with all the experience he’s gained after managing us.. the city would be buzzing again !

Lol at people thinking we can get Poch again. You re living in cookoo land

Edited by stevy777_x
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Lol at people thinking we can get Poch again. You re leavinv in cookoo land

I am I know .. cuckoo land fc has safe standing and no kingfisher shit beer also has Steve Williams in centre mid and Danny Wallace up front .. no mlg in its fans forum .. and most of all it has decent vocal support not a loada of idiots in Fake stone island and wouldn’t know Aquascutum if it punched then on the nose !

Edited by Chris cooper

Could see Everton throwing silly money at Poch to try and get him to come after they’ve canned Lampard (i.e. probably around the beginning of October). Another big money Ancelotti, Benitez type appointment. He’d want to go somewhere he can splash serious cash on the squad though. 

Edited by Midfield_General

Sadly, this defeat was needed to rip Ralph from Semmens grasp because he’s a lame duck as well going by the shambles of a forum.

I never want Saints to lose…but as this game is gone a couple more for Leeds should seal the manager’s fate. 

SR need to go for Benitez next - will get 2 or 3 experienced faces in and get organised and harder to beat (not difficult). Not the job for a random hipster punt. Tell the fringe players we don’t want the rest of their contracts are in the u23s. Whole club needs to be far more professional. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Sadly, this defeat was needed to rip Ralph from Semmens grasp because he’s a lame duck as well going by the shambles of a forum.

I never want Saints to lose…but as this game is gone a couple more for Leeds should seal the manager’s fate. 

SR need to go for Benitez next - will get 2 or 3 experienced faces in and get organised and harder to beat (not difficult). Not the job for a random hipster punt. Tell the fringe players we don’t want the rest of their contracts are in the u23s. Whole club needs to be far more professional. 

Sometimes I'm a little premature too!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Really hope he learns from this.

4 at the back: play our best CBs only...... don't shoe-horn in shit to make up the numbers.

Get the press back. It's what we do.

Agreed.  Think one clear issue is that we are, once again, very ligth at full back - which I think is one of the main reasons he was playing a back 5 so he could get away with Djenepo on the left.  We need another full back (right or left) by the end of the window and put confidence in a back four of Perraud, BK, Salisu and KWP.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it isn't. They simply were not playing in a 541 shape. S.Armstrong and Elyounoussi were both playing as number 10s behind a lone striker. There are no number ten roles in a 541 formation.

Of course they were. Pretending that the wingbacks didn't end up playing as defenders and 10's didn't end up as midfielders is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

When defending it was 3421 when Leeds' defence had the ball. When Leeds had the ball in more advanced areas Saints players drop further back into a back five and only Adams upfront.

Does every single point made, need to be critiqued by you?  It is so obvious what is being suggested

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Does every critique need to be critiqued by you?

How many times lately do you need to be wrong before you stop arguing about. Really is getting pathetic reading every thread where you try to correct everyone and never accept your wrong

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, kelkel31 said:

How many times lately do you need to be wrong before you stop arguing about. Really is getting pathetic reading every thread where you try to correct everyone and never accept your wrong

It’s “you’re wrong” not “your wrong”

Edited by revolution saint
I’m taking the piss in case anyone thinks I’m serious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl