Jump to content

Bournemouth 0-2 Saints - Reaction


Man of the Match v Bournemouth  

267 members have voted

  1. 1. Man of the Match v Bournemouth

    • Alex McCarthy
      44
    • Kyle Walker-Peters
      139
    • Jack Stephens
      7
    • Jannik Vestergaard
      5
    • Ryan Bertrand
      11
    • Oriol Romeu
      3
    • James Ward-Prowse
      10
    • Stuart Armstrong
      10
    • Nathan Redmond
      1
    • Shane Long
      0
    • Danny Ings
      33
    • Che Adams
      1
    • Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
      1
    • Michael Obafemi
      0


Recommended Posts

Deserved win. Really funny way to finish the game, he was so obviously offside from the very first replay of the goal. 

Redmond is really frustrating. Djenepo would be ahead of him for me if he was fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-2 Saints - Reaction

Well I was shouting and banging my desk in frustration as I thought saints lack of clinical finishing was going to cost us.

Ings is a great player but I was shocked he didn't just go for pace down the middle with his penalty. His effort was so telegraphed. we seem to yoyo between Le tiss/lambert every penalty feels a certain goal to a penalty is unlikely for us to score from.

Saints were very much the far better team and it's good to have a scoreline that reflects that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that was fun to watch, Ramsdale's over exuberant celebrations and then heartbreak as it was chalked off. We're a tidy side these days, with a bit more cutting edge (Redmond) we could push on up the league next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew, Thankfully Gosling didn't score! He shouldn't have been allowed to come on as Bournemouth had already made their three permitted substitution breaks (Harry Wilson 45,  Solanke and Cook 70 and Surridge 82).

Imagine the kerfuffle if he had actually done something!

Edited by markr27
Link to post
Share on other sites

That has got to hurt the 🍒.. and can not say i am not pleased. Just a shame those idiots from Elland Road will replace them. 

Ramsdale almost looks in tears in his interview.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markr27 said:

Phew, Thankfully Gosling didn't score! He shouldn't have been allowed to come on as Bournemouth had already made their three permitted substitutions (Harry Wilson 45,  Solanke and Cook 70 and Surridge 82).

Imagine the kerfuffle if he had actually done something!

Halftime subs don't count towards the three.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good solid performance, even when Eddie Howe went all Howard wilkinson for the last 20.

I thought KWP was man of the match today, good tackles and cleaances and good on the ball. Miles different from the Burnley and Arsenal games.

Get Tiss in for some penalty coaching. That is 3 we have missed this season. Not a fan of Ings technique for that .

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw the haters, given Saint's safety and Bournemouth's relegation plight, I was firmly, and without ambiguity on the fence with this one. ;) Bompey have contributed enough to deserve to stay up over some very average rivals.  

Don't get me wrong, I still cheered Saints goals, but it hurt somewhat as I've always liked that town down the road, but obvious;y, they are pretty much doomed now and I just feel a bit sad about that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Deserved win. Really funny way to finish the game, he was so obviously offside from the very first replay of the goal. 

Redmond is really frustrating. Djenepo would be ahead of him for me if he was fit. 

Get that Redmond is frustrating and he's not in his best form at present. But folks should keep in mind that he is still at the heart of much of our good attacking play and I think he's still a key player who we miss when he's not out there. He still has assists for the Ings goals in last couple of games. But probably needs a rest given the number of games lately and expect he would have been given one if we had Djenepo or Boufal available.

Great to see a good finish from Adams at the end. Signs that he is growing in confidence now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserved win, should have been more clinical but given lads like Ings and Redmond have played almost every minute since lockdown we can let them off.

Great for Adams, he has definitely improved.

Vestergaard a mix of good and bad, maybe played his last game for us?

Some key saves from McCarthy despite his kicking putting us under pressure at times.

KWP - must sign.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t really get out of second gear......a lot of games in a few days telling?....oh well the ones that wanted Bournemouth down have their wish. Personally wasn’t fussed. If we could just be that little bit more ruthless we wouldn’t half take the pressure off of the Defense. I just like winning 😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

How on earth did Ramsdale get man of the match? I don't remember him making any saves that really stood out 

He safely caught the 4 shots that went straight to him.

Edited by badgerx16
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohio Saint said:

Screw the haters, given Saint's safety and Bournemouth's relegation plight, I was firmly, and without ambiguity on the fence with this one. ;) Bompey have contributed enough to deserve to stay up over some very average rivals.  

Don't get me wrong, I still cheered Saints goals, but it hurt somewhat as I've always liked that town down the road, but obvious;y, they are pretty much doomed now and I just feel a bit sad about that.

Agree with that. It is a great little Club that deserves better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, the thing is if you have a Redmond with really consistent end product, he's no longer a Saints level player. He's much improved in output and is absolutely essential even in games like this. 

Edited by Rich102
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The carnage in the last few minutes was hilarious, but Jesus, we should have been 4-0 up by that point. So many great chances squandered in the second half. Still, job done. 31 away points is some going :adore: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

How on earth did Ramsdale get man of the match? I don't remember him making any saves that really stood out 

Thought the same - our poor finishing win him the MOTM award, not any real wonder saves.

Our poor finishing does bother me, we should have been completely out of sight by the time they “equalised”.

Dont know what Ings was doing with his stuttered pen, especially as he was watching the keeper the whole time and still passed it straight to him.

Great finish for the goal though, and likewise with Che - I actually preferred this goal to the one against City, he showed good skill to get a yard on their defender and place it out of the keepers reach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have finished that off way earlier but another away win. No lack of effort from the lads and clearly Bournemouth’s cup final celebrations in October had grated. Great finish by Ings but you see why JWP takes penalties. Back 4 did well, even Vestergaard wasn’t too bad. Ramsdale had far more to do than McCarthy but a couple of vital interceptions (Wilson first half) and blocks (Solanke). Both VAR decisions correct, Wilson clearly offside but you can imagine the swinging emotions of the Bournemouth fans. Pleased Che bagged a second, good for his confidence.

i see there’s criticism of Redmond but like Ings he’s played all of the games and probably with JWP the most minutes. Not his fault Djenepo has not really featured much since a bright start. Tbf lost a parent, hopefully comes back and makes an impact in 20/21. Boufal needs to move on for everyone’s sake. 

If we finish 11th, £8m difference to 14th where we started, plus the VVD to up = Salisu’s release fee or what we’d want to get KWP for the equivalent of. Makes a big difference. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stknowle said:

Anyone remember that wanker with "We 8 Scummers" on the back of his shirt? Wonder how he's feeling now. 😂

Probably walking around Boscombe in his Liverpool shirt today.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

The carnage in the last few minutes was hilarious, but Jesus, we should have been 4-0 up by that point. So many great chances squandered in the second half. Still, job done. 31 away points is some going :adore: 

We're they saying that on the commentary that it beat the season saints came 2nd?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

We're they saying that on the commentary that it beat the season saints came 2nd?

Didn't hear that, but it would certainly be true - we had a 7-7-7 record in 83/84, 28 points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Should have finished that off way earlier but another away win. No lack of effort from the lads and clearly Bournemouth’s cup final celebrations in October had grated. Great finish by Ings but you see why JWP takes penalties. Back 4 did well, even Vestergaard wasn’t too bad. Ramsdale had far more to do than McCarthy but a couple of vital interceptions (Wilson first half) and blocks (Solanke). Both VAR decisions correct, Wilson clearly offside but you can imagine the swinging emotions of the Bournemouth fans. Pleased Che bagged a second, good for his confidence.

i see there’s criticism of Redmond but like Ings he’s played all of the games and probably with JWP the most minutes. Not his fault Djenepo has not really featured much since a bright start. Tbf lost a parent, hopefully comes back and makes an impact in 20/21. Boufal needs to move on for everyone’s sake. 

If we finish 11th, £8m difference to 14th where we started, plus the VVD to up = Salisu’s release fee or what we’d want to get KWP for the equivalent of. Makes a big difference. 

PEDANT ALERT.

To you and a few others, it was in September. 4 days later we stuffed the Skates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My lad and I were very pleased at the result (ironically I was quite nervous through the game) but had to feel a tad sorry for Bournemouth being denied by VAR having suffered a number of injuries.
We could imagine if that had happened to us.
Meantime what a fantastic recovery from the Leicester game and the record beating away form especially from the 1st day Burnley debacle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

The carnage in the last few minutes was hilarious, but Jesus, we should have been 4-0 up by that point. So many great chances squandered in the second half. Still, job done. 31 away points is some going :adore: 

We got as many points away as The Cherries have gotten in all their matches. Wow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})