• Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Badger said:

So what happened to Salisu for the last couple of months ?
Genuine injury, or a convenient excuse ? 

Funny how when he arrived he didn’t play for months due to a mystery injury and he’s leaving in exactly the same way

52 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

It would be nice if the fans were actually told the truth now the season is over. Is he a villain or was there genuine reasons for him not playing? Wasn’t there going to be more openness from the club? 

We could, although it's not going to help us squeeze maximum fee out of another club if we come out and say he's a complete prick who has been refusing to play, or has failed a drugs test which has been covered up or had a curse put on him by a Nigerian witch doctor.

The time to carefully leak the truth is once he's left.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

It would be nice if the fans were actually told the truth now the season is over. Is he a villain or was there genuine reasons for him not playing? Wasn’t there going to be more openness from the club? 

Well, he definitely left the Ghana squad after being called up at the last international break (March), and injury was cited as the reason. Chris Hughton, the Ghana manager, said he'd "suffered some recent injuries at his club".

In mid-April, Ruben Selles talked about Salisu: "He went with the national team and had some problems in the past with us like in the game against Chelsea."

"Then when he went with the national team, he felt it again. So when he came back we needed to put him into the injury process. He was expected to play today with the B team to try and get the problem solved, but he didn't feel great so he is not available. The injury is related with his hip abductor, there's been problems there during the season but it's got worse."

What else is there to say? His two managers have confirmed he's injured. Unless you think they're both lying as part of some unspecified wider conspiracy which everyone is apparently in on except internet lemons. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

The openness from the club was only ever going to be present during more positive times. Same as it ever was.

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

We could, although it's not going to help us squeeze maximum fee out of another club if we come out and say he's a complete prick who has been refusing to play, or has failed a drugs test which has been covered up or had a curse put on him by a Nigerian witch doctor.

The time to carefully leak the truth is once he's left.

Good point. Guess that means he was a twat

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

He's leaving us just how he arrived, shrouded in a covered up mystery.

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

Funny how when he arrived he didn’t play for months due to a mystery injury and he’s leaving in exactly the same way

I'm still patiently waiting for his arrival photoshoot to be published by the club. #itneverhappened

Edited by trousers

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Well, he definitely left the Ghana squad after being called up at the last international break (March), and injury was cited as the reason. Chris Hughton, the Ghana manager, said he'd "suffered some recent injuries at his club".

In mid-April, Ruben Selles talked about Salisu: "He went with the national team and had some problems in the past with us like in the game against Chelsea."

"Then when he went with the national team, he felt it again. So when he came back we needed to put him into the injury process. He was expected to play today with the B team to try and get the problem solved, but he didn't feel great so he is not available. The injury is related with his hip abductor, there's been problems there during the season but it's got worse."

What else is there to say? His two managers have confirmed he's injured. Unless you think they're both lying as part of some unspecified wider conspiracy which everyone is apparently in on except internet lemons. 

Didn't know The Athletic recent report that a few players had been frozen out by the club due to an attitude issue and had been dressed up as "injuries". (The fact that the Ghana manager has also said he was injured might scupper that rumour in Salisu's case, although he may have transitioned from 'actual injury' to 'cover up injury' since the last international break of course...)

12 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Agree. When he finally decided to play for us, there was a spell when he looked good but ultimately looks like he's showed his true colours. Good riddance.

I'd replace him with a centre back who doesn't dive into challenges from behind in the box, he's given away multiple penalties with the exact same foul

• Like 1

7 hours ago, qwertyell said:

yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no.jpg

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I thought he would have been gone by now. Or seemingly close to it.

Maybe he is, but seems quiet on the Salisu front

While I'd rather have the money now than lose him on a free next summer, keeping him for a season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I suspect though that he'll be gone by September. 

The worst of our centre-backs on the ball, so the least suited to Martin's pass out from the back tactics. Would be a good centre-back to have in the Championship, but in the new possession based tactics he is an accident waiting to happen, hopefully a team comes in for him soon. Also surprised it's all quiet surrounding him. Maybe the off the pitch murmurs have put clubs off, but then I'm also surprised how quiet its been for KWP.

• Like 4

Ohhh salisuuuuu, ohhhh salisuuuuuu, you make my brain huuuurt - great chant, rubbish player.....

has the potential to be a world beater but has the attitude of a skunk.  Can't wait for him to depart and ruin someone else's defence set up.

Swear it's Olivier Bernard anway.

That's all i will say on the matter

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ribtickler said:

Ohhh salisuuuuu, ohhhh salisuuuuuu, you make my brain huuuurt - great chant, rubbish player.....

has the potential to be a world beater but has the attitude of a skunk.  Can't wait for him to depart and ruin someone else's defence set up.

Maybe word has spread about his attitude and nobody is willing to pay what we want?

• Like 1

Supposedly available for a modest fee too by PL standards considering his age and experience. The rumours around attitude won’t be helping but the agents fill these lads’ heads and families with how brilliant they are and a CL player in waiting. Very few opportunities at that level but plenty believing they belong at that level without the levels of consistency and focus required even with the raw talent. Good basic attributes for a CB plus bonus recovery pace but his distribution has always been suspect.

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

The worst of our centre-backs on the ball, so the least suited to Martin's pass out from the back tactics. Would be a good centre-back to have in the Championship, but in the new possession based tactics he is an accident waiting to happen, hopefully a team comes in for him soon. Also surprised it's all quiet surrounding him. Maybe the off the pitch murmurs have put clubs off, but then I'm also surprised how quiet its been for KWP.

Bednarek is by far the worst of our CBs on the ball.

• Like 7

I can't believe what I am reading!!! 10 months ago, Salisu was being feted on here by all alike as our greatest player while Bednarek was a pariah. I pointed out at the time that Salisu had his weaknesses that few at the time were prepared to admit, while I also suggested that Bednarek was not as bad as some suggested.

Now you are all berating Salisu as if he is suddenly our worst player, while some are even admitting they may have been wrong about Bednarek.

The actual fact is that Salisu is a player with huge potential, but he is a young player and is prone to indiscipline. He is also perhaps a little moody! Bednarek on the other hand is a player who frequently covers for other players but in so doing can get caught out himself. He was clearly affected by the criticism he received but still has much to offer - not least a degree of experience.

I wish we could be less critical of our players and sometimes just recognise that form is up and down and that none of our players are world beaters but many of them have huge amounts to offer if their strengths are well utilised by good management.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

Just wish he'd hurry up and piss off, really hope we get some good money for him

If we could do it early I’d be happy getting back what we paid for him. Even better if we can recoup the wages when he ‘wasn’t available’ for whatever reason. 

25 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

I can't believe what I am reading!!! 10 months ago, Salisu was being feted on here by all alike as our greatest player while Bednarek was a pariah. I pointed out at the time that Salisu had his weaknesses that few at the time were prepared to admit, while I also suggested that Bednarek was not as bad as some suggested.

Now you are all berating Salisu as if he is suddenly our worst player, while some are even admitting they may have been wrong about Bednarek.

The actual fact is that Salisu is a player with huge potential, but he is a young player and is prone to indiscipline. He is also perhaps a little moody! Bednarek on the other hand is a player who frequently covers for other players but in so doing can get caught out himself. He was clearly affected by the criticism he received but still has much to offer - not least a degree of experience.

I wish we could be less critical of our players and sometimes just recognise that form is up and down and that none of our players are world beaters but many of them have huge amounts to offer if their strengths are well utilised by good management.

Nice words but bednarek is shit

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

How has this thing about Salish’s attitude being bad developed? Is this something heard or known, or is there another reason for an African player having a bad attitude, say, lazy stereotyping bordering on something more angry? 

See Mane for advice 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

How has this thing about Salish’s attitude being bad developed? Is this something heard or known, or is there another reason for an African player having a bad attitude, say, lazy stereotyping bordering on something more angry? 

Not sure what being African has to do with anything.?

10 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

How has this thing about Salish’s attitude being bad developed? 

I think people on here have made it up.

My understanding is that he refused to commit to a new deal so wasn't made available for selection. If true, that reflects badly on us, not him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, egg said:

I think people on here have made it up.

My understanding is that he refused to commit to a new deal so wasn't made available for selection. If true, that reflects badly on us, not him. 

It was reported in The Athletic that he was left out due to doubts about his commitment to the cause, which differs in tone to your `not selected because he hadn't signed  a new contract': https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23445574.southampton-defender-reportedly-left-due-commitment-doubts/

When asked about it, Selles denied that was the case (or skirted around the subject a little, depending on your point of view), pointing to his injury issues:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23456230.southamptons-selles-responds-report-salisu-commitment-issue/

The fact is, he was injured. He pulled out of the international games, so there was no reason why he would start in the games straight after. However, maybe he wasn't doing enough in training. Who knows.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 07:43, Daft Kerplunk said:

To be fair the bad attitude thing gets thrown at all sorts of players.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco

I remember his inspired performance against ManC when we somehow held on and beat them 1-0. At that time we thought we had a world beater, so we know he can do it. I rather doubt the high life of Monte Carlo will bring him back to  that level.

• Like 1