Brighton vs Saints build up.

Edmonton Saint

Lallana has discovered that our midfielders and defenders are a lot more aggressive than in his days, and is suddenly feeling quite ill. We can win this one with the right approach and Ralph must not, under any circumstances, let Shane Long anywhere near the pitch.Bring on one of the nippers at least they will give it a go. Shane's faded of late (that's if he ever shone since his brace against Villa a million years ago) I never predict scores,I leave that to the well-paid pillock Lawro, but a win is on the cards and after the 'extra time' Fergie goal (again) lets wrap it up so there's no sitting on their heels like last week. If Danny and Nathan are available ,even after the break, bring them on. They will submerge Dunk! In saying that Armstrong will need to up his game. Stop the 'crab football' and put your laces through it.COYS

19 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Brighton really are not that great, poor quality team and will only stay up because other teams are far worse than them.

Anything other than a win will be disappointing.

watched them 3 or 4 times this season and think the opposite to be honest, their problem is scoring goals, though their approach play was good and they've some good individual players, they're the kind of team that will get 2 or 3 surprise results against the top teams this season, we definitely shouldn't be taking them lightly, it's going to be a tough game.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kjurwi said:

Wouldn't mind starting Diallo at CM Monday night. Think it's about time we get to see him play.

I can't think of any reason whatsoever for doing that. JWP and Romeu have been the pivot on which everything has been built. 

Ralph simply won't put new players in the team just because they're new.

14 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I can't think of any reason whatsoever for doing that. JWP and Romeu have been the pivot on which everything has been built. 

Ralph simply won't put new players in the team just because they're new.

It's not necessary to exclude either of our defensive dynamic duo, bring in Diallo for Armstrong.

Seems a smart idea to me, Armstrong needs a rest to rediscover his mojo and Brighton are there for the taking.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

Brighton really are not that great, poor quality team and will only stay up because other teams are far worse than them.

Anything other than a win will be disappointing.

They're better than you are suggesting. They lack a killer instinct up top, no question - with an Ings in that side I reckon they'd be top 6 or 7 at this stage. Their lack of goals has kept them drawing games rather than winning.

That will prob be their downfall, but they certainly play good football but just lack a killer threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

It's not necessary to exclude either of our defensive dynamic duo, bring in Diallo for Armstrong.

Seems a smart idea to me, Armstrong needs a rest to rediscover his mojo and Brighton are there for the taking.

So you want to change our formation. You can't replace Armstrong with Diallo without fundamentally changing the way we play. Anyway, why drop Armstrong, he's had a couple of poor games but he will come good again. Diallo will get his chance eventually, meanwhile he seems a useful sub when we are trying to manage a game. 

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

They're better than you are suggesting. They lack a killer instinct up top, no question - with an Ings in that side I reckon they'd be top 6 or 7 at this stage. Their lack of goals has kept them drawing games rather than winning.

That will prob be their downfall, but they certainly play good football but just lack a killer threat.

Agree, they're a decent side, got some very good defenders and it wont be easy, it's a game we should be looking to win but could easily lose if we dont get at that them like we did Newcastle, Everton etc. Ings will probably start on the bench, if Redmond is fit be inclined to start him ahead of Djenepo on the left, then you've got two good impact subs to come on if we need to change things up a bit.

3 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

So you would drop Romeo or JWP, two of our best performers this season. Interesting idea. 🤔 

Yep. I probably would. They have both been great, but i would like to see Diallo play where he is at his best. I know there's no reason to do that when Romeu and JWP have been playing so well, and i know Hasenhyttl won't.

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

So you want to change our formation. You can't replace Armstrong with Diallo without fundamentally changing the way we play. Anyway, why drop Armstrong, he's had a couple of poor games but he will come good again. Diallo will get his chance eventually, meanwhile he seems a useful sub when we are trying to manage a game. 

Diallo would be the perfect sub when managing a game....unfortunately he’s brought on far too late in a game to show his worth. 
He should’ve been brought on against Man U to do exactly that.  

but once again Ralph leaves it way too late,by which time the game is getting,or already gotten away from us. 

14 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Underestimate Brighton at your peril. I'd be just about satisfied with a point.

Not sure why we should be just about satisfied with a draw. We've beaten them at the Amex last two seasons (good value for both wins too) and would say we've improved more than they have since we last met them

• Like 1