Jankewitz hands in transfer request

Saint Garrett

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Get a grip. He was a young lad on debut who got it wrong.

But what did he get wrong? There is no excuse or explanation for what he did or how he did it. It was an unnatural action with no obvious purpose. That doesn’t happen in any game at any level without some malicious intent. 

13 minutes ago, Dig Dig said:

Jesus, put the tin foil hats away fellas, highly doubt that any betting syndicates are involved, just a kid making is debut at OT and adrenaline/nerves got the better of him. Not a good look after a transfer request and comments from his agent but these things can happen in a moment. 

Yes indeed. I thought I'd stumbled on to a QAnon forum last night by mistake. 

Talking of wold conspiracies, maybe Big Al will come of the bench to score the winner in the cup final. Against Utd of course. After a foul by McTominey. Funny old game, football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But what did he get wrong? There is no excuse or explanation for what he did or how he did it. It was an unnatural action with no obvious purpose. That doesn’t happen in any game at any level without some malicious intent. 

I was responding to the poster who insinuated that the lad got sent off as part of a bet. You may think that a reasonable thing to say about a young lad. I say it's fucking stupid. 

What Jankewitz got wrong is obvious. We all saw it. If you're asking me what was going through his mind obviously I can't say but as a sensible person I'd suggest a rush if blood to his head on debut. Nothing sinister, just excitable naivety. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, egg said:

I was responding to the poster who insinuated that the lad got sent off as part of a bet. You may think that a reasonable thing to say about a young lad. I say it's fucking stupid. 

What Jankewitz got wrong is obvious. We all saw it. If you're asking me what was going through his mind obviously I can't say but as a sensible person I'd suggest a rush if blood to his head on debut. Nothing sinister, just excitable naivety. 

Quite possibly. It's just that when something that inexplicable happens people start looking for explanations.

7 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

She's well and truly in the 'shit owner' category for me as well. I find that hard because of what the family have done for us, but her involvement in recent years has been really poor. She couldn't wait to get out.

Maybe I was naïve, but I didn't imagine KL selling us up the river to a dodgy owner. I thought she'd ensure we were in good hands.

How wrong I was.  A lot of blame should be at her door.

I prefer her selling to Gao to her staying and mismanaging the club because she can't find a wonderful owner. Let's be honest, Gao has overseen the overhaul of the senior staff and the club has improved under his ownership

• Like 2

Perhaps we have forgotten that Kat got rid of Cortese, sorted out the financial mess he left behind and was at the helm in some of our best seasons. I really don’t think that she would have sold to Gao if she had thought he would be bad for the club but people always need someone to blame. If she was so desolate to jump ship why keep an interest in the club?

• Like 3

Kat had to sort out the whole of her fathers business empire , some was closed , some was shaken up and then she had to sort out Saints . Started off well but probably decided it was not what she wanted to do so tried to sell up , not many takers were there ! Gao bought 80% then China banned taking money out of the country so he had to borrow cash to go through with the deal . I don’t blame Kat for our situation , as Burnley have shown being taken over by rich Americans is not brilliant if they load you with £90M of debt to complete the purchase.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

What a shame as by the time he'll be available again his opportunity will have past. His big moment and he blew it immedietely. I do sympathise with him unless it was some kind of F U tackle towards the club for not letting him go.

I have to admit that I thought it was a bit of that too, when it happened. So you don't want me to leave then? Watch this....

But I've mellowed today. Have to believe it was just youthful exhuberance. Would like to hear his own comments, but expect Ralph has told him to say nothing.

Reports suggest Ralph says it's all Janko's fault. But I take that as reporters putting a slant on Ralph's comments that were not there from Ralph. But … he did basically suspend Gunn and Valery after the Leicester game. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, egg said:

How is it Kat's fault that we had 9 injuries and some idiot deemed it a good idea to loan out our fringe players leaving us with a scratch team and some kids? Gao can't be blamed for that either. Our squad this season was decent but injury and poor decision making scuppered that. 

Agree. We can sit picking the bones out of last night and crying into our beer. The Leicester score was a massive shock and we were at full strength.

Last night we were half a team of decent players and a lot of young lads. We'd all love to have internationals on the bench, but we just can't. At full strength we may still have lost, but not by that scoreline. We may struggle for a few games but hopefully we'll pick it up again in a few games time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, egg said:

Get a grip. He was a young lad on debut who got it wrong.

Correct. Some of the people on here need to have a word with themselves. It was a young man who let the situation get the better of him, he was probably hyped up too much, wanted to impose himself early,  and there was probably a little bit of fear in there (sometimes players go over the top to protect themselves). In the cold light of day it seems unfathomable, but these things happen (look at Gazza in the cup final and he was an experienced pro). He deserves some clog, and I hope a couple of the older pros dug him out, but give him a break. Hopefully, he’ll learn from it and come back a better player. He showed the tiny glimpse of a player against Villa, let’s not kill him before his careers even started. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Correct. Some of the people on here need to have a word with themselves. It was a young man who let the situation get the better of him, he was probably hyped up too much, wanted to impose himself early,  and there was probably a little bit of fear in there (sometimes players go over the top to protect themselves). In the cold light of day it seems unfathomable, but these things happen (look at Gazza in the cup final and he was an experienced pro). He deserves some clog, and I hope a couple of the older pros dug him out, but give him a break. Hopefully, he’ll learn from it and come back a better player. He showed the tiny glimpse of a player against Villa, let’s not kill him before his careers even started. 

spot on

• Like 1

9 hours ago, egg said:

How is it Kat's fault that we had 9 injuries and some idiot deemed it a good idea to loan out our fringe players leaving us with a scratch team and some kids? Gao can't be blamed for that either. Our squad this season was decent but injury and poor decision making scuppered that. 

Our injury position is not normal. Going off tangent somewhat, but it raises questions as to what and why this is happening and whether we have the right training and medical staff in place for the high press / tempo style we try to play. 

Everyone was disappointed when he got himself sent off, abuse outside of the immediate frustration of the decision is wasted emotion.

People who resort to racist abuse to express themselves are people who shouldnt have access to the internet or reproduce.

I think the lad was stoked to start in old trafford, was super amped and his timing was out after just 1 min.

He apologised to Mctominay on the pitch and I am sure he did so in the changing rooms.

I dont remember bertrand getting this much abuse when we lost to Leicester and he's an eng international who won the champions league.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Everyone was disappointed when he got himself sent off, abuse outside of the immediate frustration of the decision is wasted emotion.

People who resort to racist abuse to express themselves are people who shouldnt have access to the internet or reproduce.

I think the lad was stoked to start in old trafford, was super amped and his timing was out after just 1 min.

He apologised to Mctominay on the pitch and I am sure he did so in the changing rooms.

I dont remember bertrand getting this much abuse when we lost to Leicester and he's an eng international who won the champions league.

Bertrand’s wasn’t a foul but apart from that, there’s no place for personal abuse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

That's sad to hear, but given the idiotic comments from some on here and what's been happening with other black players, I'm not surprised. 

He is a good player. He was good enough to get a chance and blew it big time. 

The behaviour of some fans, grown men, is much worse than his mistake. Shameful. 

• Like 4

Surely any behaviour like that can be traced, I don't use twitter so wouldn't know, but don't you need a genuine email address to join up?

Now putting my tin foil hat on, could it be possible a lot of these racist posts and tweets players from different clubs are getting originate from the so called russian troll factories, the whole purpose of them is to stir up tensions in different countries, no better way than a few racist tweets and posts after a high profile football game in the current climate.  I hope it's this anyway, hate the thought of saints fans acting like this

Hopefully all the guilty parties are named and shamed, and receive due punishment - which absolutely must include a lifetime ban from the club regardless of whatever the criminal charges are.

I just hope it doesn't knock the lad even further. He waits his entire life to make his full debut, gets the chance at Old Trafford, and it turns out like this. Hope he can pull himself up from it.

• Like 1

Quite a few posts in this thread have been reported and deleted. Whilst the frustration is understandable, I think we can do a bit better than calling him an F'ing C and making baseless accusations of match fixing. He's 19 and will be agonizing over what he's just been (partly) responsible for and now he's getting racist abuse to boot. I don't think he needs anything else.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Surely any behaviour like that can be traced, I don't use twitter so wouldn't know, but don't you need a genuine email address to join up?

Now putting my tin foil hat on, could it be possible a lot of these racist posts and tweets players from different clubs are getting originate from the so called russian troll factories, the whole purpose of them is to stir up tensions in different countries, no better way than a few racist tweets and posts after a high profile football game in the current climate.  I hope it's this anyway, hate the thought of saints fans acting like this

Some of it will be, but there will be plenty of young fans in the UK who are willing to be racist. Unfortunately social media is the wild west and you can get away with abuse anonymously fairly easily if you're "smart". Anyone doing so not anonymously should be named and shamed, and banned for a time.

9 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Quite a few posts in this thread have been reported and deleted. Whilst the frustration is understandable, I think we can do a bit better than calling him an F'ing C and making baseless accusations of match fixing. He's 19 and will be agonizing over what he's just been (partly) responsible for and now he's getting racist abuse to boot. I don't think he needs anything else.

Can we add the post that suggests he done it on purpose to spite the club for rejecting the transfer request to golden posts... SWF gold 😂😂😂

the kid is clearly talent, but also, clearly hasn’t got a brain and has a shite attitude. That tackle was unforgivable. Not just because it put us down to 10, but it was a horrific leg breaker. 

7 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Maybe but I suspect a good few of them could be traced back to the 'PO' postcode

Pompey fans will love him for getting sent off.  Afraid to say most of the racist abuse will have come from our own fans, don't have to have spent much time in St Mary's to know we have some dim supporters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Perhaps we have forgotten that Kat got rid of Cortese, sorted out the financial mess he left behind and was at the helm in some of our best seasons. I really don’t think that she would have sold to Gao if she had thought he would be bad for the club but people always need someone to blame. If she was so desolate to jump ship why keep an interest in the club?

Yep, she sorted out that financial mess from where we turned a profit in the PL under Cortese and the years immediately after he left to the amazing situation now where we are losing £75m a year and having to take out huge loans at exorbitant interest rates just to pay the bills.

In Kat we trust....

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alehouseboys said:

Maybe but I suspect a good few of them could be traced back to the 'PO' postcode

Hang on...Don't Tar all us PO post coders with the same brush :)

Not all are in P@£pey

Edited by shken77
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Can we add the post that suggests he done it on purpose to spite the club for rejecting the transfer request to golden posts... SWF gold 😂😂😂

the kid is clearly talent, but also, clearly hasn’t got a brain and has a shite attitude. That tackle was unforgivable. Not just because it put us down to 10, but it was a horrific leg breaker. 

Agreed, utterly ridiculous suggestion. Not sure i agree about the attitude, he's a young lad desperate to play first team football, nothing wrong in that, maybe he thinks he's ready but tuesday night showed why he isn't. I for one had been really looking forward to seeing him and wondering why he wasn't getting a chance, he showed that Ralph was right not too, not mature enough yet. Plenty of kids of a similar age have done similar things and gone onto have great careers so all those claiming he should be thrown out of the club and never appear for us again are morons. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Yep, she sorted out that financial mess from where we turned a profit in the PL under Cortese and the years immediately after he left to the amazing situation now where we are losing £75m a year and having to take out huge loans at exorbitant interest rates just to pay the bills.

In Kat we trust....

Why is our current financial mess Kat's fault? Someone else is driving the ship so if it's sinking, it ain't down to her.

• Like 1

Tuesday night was obviously extremely disappointing for all involved, especially the player, who could've had what he has been craving - a run of a few games in the premier league to show everyone what he can do. 

He's a young guy desperate to do well, who had a terrible moment. He'll learn, and next appearance (which I hope he'll get in the not too distant future), he'll hopefully be calmer and more ready and go on to have a good game. He's one of our players, and after all, it's only a sport which we follow - no fan should be abusing kids for mistakes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disconnect said:

Tuesday night was obviously extremely disappointing for all involved, especially the player, who could've had what he has been craving - a run of a few games in the premier league to show everyone what he can do. 

He's a young guy desperate to do well, who had a terrible moment. He'll learn, and next appearance (which I hope he'll get in the not too distant future), he'll hopefully be calmer and more ready and go on to have a good game. He's one of our players, and after all, it's only a sport which we follow - no fan should be abusing kids for mistakes.

Spot on . We all make mistakes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Agreed, utterly ridiculous suggestion. Not sure i agree about the attitude, he's a young lad desperate to play first team football, nothing wrong in that, maybe he thinks he's ready but tuesday night showed why he isn't. I for one had been really looking forward to seeing him and wondering why he wasn't getting a chance, he showed that Ralph was right not too, not mature enough yet. Plenty of kids of a similar age have done similar things and gone onto have great careers so all those claiming he should be thrown out of the club and never appear for us again are morons. 

That’s a fair point and I hope that was the intention behind it, rather than thinking he’s bigger and better than he currently is. 

Just smacks of Pogba to me. 

Regardless of Whatever anyone thinks of him, he’s going to need an arm round the shoulder. 

Crazy tackle obviously but eh just needed 10 minutes and a couple of early touches to ease him in to the game. I guess that why you dont tend to hand debuts away to United.

On a positive note it may reign in his expectations a little and if he is sensible will realise that RH will have the best intentions for his career. He must be regretting the whole transfer request episode now if he has anything goin on in his head

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Why did she sell to Gao a person who would now be refused ownership and only got in through a loophole?

She has some of the blame certainly.

Probably because he was the person willing to pay her the most money. it's what I do when I sell an asset, ditto anyone else who's being honest.

Your blaming Kat is like me selling someone my house on his promise to look after it, only for it fall into ruin, and the neighbours moaning at me cos it's an eyesore.

If you have an issue with Gao moan about him. Next you'll blame Marcus for dying.

Just now, egg said:

Probably because he was the person willing to pay her the most money. it's what I do when I sell an asset, ditto anyone else who's being honest.

Your blaming Kat is like me selling someone my house on his promise to look after it, only for it fall into ruin, and the neighbours moaning at me cos it's an eyesore.

If you have an issue with Gao moan about him. Next you'll blame Marcus for dying.

Shame on you for that about Marcus.

I have an issue with Gao, Kat, Reed, Football board and the recent transfer windows.

I have tried to keep that sensible shame you can’t.

He doesn’t need to apologise. Only one player has said a word since Tuesday night - Kayne Ramsey.

He’s posted a great bit on Instagram protecting his mate and slaughtering the deplorable abuse he’s received. The youngest kid in the team apart from Jankewitz himself, putting his neck on the line for his teammate and standing up for him. I hope we see more of them both.

Edited by saintwbu
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Wrensup said:

Not asking for some grandiose press conference,  just a simple tweet or something saying sorry guys I let the team down/let the fans down. 
wouldn’t go amiss. 

It's very possible he has been told to keep his head well and truly down, which in reality is probably the best advice, because we will all be getting hysterical over something else soon, it's the nature of times we live in. 

Edited by Toussaint