Jankewitz hands in transfer request

Saint Garrett

2 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Am I right in thinking that bans for premier league red cards don't apply in the FA Cup? If so Alex could play next Thursday.

The best thing for all would he plays again asap, hopefully has a good game, or at least keeps his nose clean. I would hate to think his career had been ruined after one youthful moment of madness. You never know, he may grow to be one of our favourites.

28 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Shame on you for that about Marcus.

I have an issue with Gao, Kat, Reed, Football board and the recent transfer windows.

I have tried to keep that sensible shame you can’t.

Fair point re Marcus. It was crass, apologies.

I can't agree re Kat though. She sold to the highest/only bidder. Anyone would have done the same and our current plight has nothing to do with her.

54 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

He doesn’t need to apologise. Only one player has said a word since Tuesday night - Kanye Ramsey.

He’s posted a great bit on Instagram protecting his mate and slaughtering the deplorable abuse he’s received. The youngest kid in the team apart from Jankewitz himself, putting his neck on the line for his teammate and standing up for him. I hope we see more of them both.

Who is this Kanye Ramsey? Is he a rapper or something? 

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

The best thing for all would he plays again asap, hopefully has a good game, or at least keeps his nose clean. I would hate to think his career had been ruined after one youthful moment of madness. You never know, he may grow to be one of our favourites.

If the fans were in the ground for the next game, i actually think (given all that has happened), that he'd get a loud resounding show of support for his next appearance.

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Am I right in thinking that bans for premier league red cards don't apply in the FA Cup? If so Alex could play next Thursday.

In theory, yes. It would take a brave manager though. Perhaps it might be a good idea to start him. Either he will redeem himself of he will settle the queztsion for good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

No, only if they hand in a transfer request for not playing, then get a chance and make a red card potential leg-breaking tackle 2 minutes into the match.

This tbh 19 year old starts acting billy big balls and wondering why he’s not in side over players like jwp romeau and diallo. Then gets a oppurtunity and goes and does this and we end up with a 9-0 hammering ..

perfectly understandable why people are pissed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

This tbh 19 year old starts acting billy big balls and wondering why he’s not in side over players like jwp romeau and diallo. Then gets a oppurtunity and goes and does this and we end up with a 9-0 hammering ..

perfectly understandable why people are pissed 

My understanding was that he wanted to move on to play football not that he should replace those players. The B team don’t play that many games and he wants to progress. I don’t see a problem with that. Also who’s to say that we would have been hammered if he hadn’t got sent off. Should we blame Bednarek for the last 3 goals for his sending off?

8 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Also who’s to say that we would have been hammered if he hadn’t got sent off. Should we blame Bednarek for the last 3 goals for his sending off?

No, as Bednarek's red card has been rescinded for not being a foul and there was no chance Jankewitz was going to have his rescinded.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Mark Dennis with loads of very bad challenges: cult figure. 

Different time, different football. 

Dennis had shown he could pay a bit though before some of his trademark tackling and disciplinary issues were seen.

We’ve only had 80 or so seconds from Jankewitz and we know how it ended.Stats : played 1, goals 0, shots 0, tackles 1, red cards 1. Pretty impressive, Dennis, Hurlock, Brian O’Neil would be envious. If someone like Jamie Vardy had been on the receiving end, Jankewitz would be a legend already 

Giving him all the benefit of doubt though, young, over eager and a rush of blood to the head. Reckless and nothing more.

Reminded me of Paul Gascoigne in the 1991 (?) cup final when he crocked someone (notably himself also) with a rash challenge in the first few minutes ( surprised that wasn’t a red). Gascoigne was a bit older and a media darling so didn’t get the flak he probably deserved. 

On 03/02/2021 at 10:15, LaptopSaint said:

Yes indeed. I thought I'd stumbled on to a QAnon forum last night by mistake. 

Funny you should bring that up. When I read about that in the news, one of the thoughts that sprang to mind was that it reminded me of the lunacy of reading this forum pre-Liebherr takeover. Earlobe analysis, yacht watch, the axe of administration hanging over us all season, and "It's definitely happening on Friday... no I meant next Friday." 

Rupert Lowe must be grateful that we only sang about swinging him from the Itchen Bridge and didn't actually bother to storm St Mary's.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Dennis had shown he could pay a bit though before some of his trademark tackling and disciplinary issues were seen.

We’ve only had 80 or so seconds from Jankewitz and we know how it ended.Stats : played 1, goals 0, shots 0, tackles 1, red cards 1. Pretty impressive, Dennis, Hurlock, Brian O’Neil would be envious. If someone like Jamie Vardy had been on the receiving end, Jankewitz would be a legend already 

Giving him all the benefit of doubt though, young, over eager and a rush of blood to the head. Reckless and nothing more.

Reminded me of Paul Gascoigne in the 1991 (?) cup final when he crocked someone (notably himself also) with a rash challenge in the first few minutes ( surprised that wasn’t a red). Gascoigne was a bit older and a media darling so didn’t get the flak he probably deserved. 

The 1991 FA Cup final against Nottingham Forest. Gary Charles was the player he crocked. When I used to be an active referee we held monthly meetings and the top referees used to come and give us talks and answer questions, all in their own time and at their own expense.

One of them was Roger Milford, the referee in that final, and he talked about the Gascoigne incident. He said that when he saw Gascoigne in pain and the trainer saying that he was finished he didn’t have the heart to flash a red card in his face. He likened it to turning up to a car crash and issuing the seriously injured driver with a speeding ticket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Des walker iirc

Some of you posters should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves for the abuse directed at Jankewitz the other night.  Utter cretins who obviously have never made any mistakes in their lives from behind their keyboards.

This is why this site is utter s***e these days.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Badger said:

Apparently, at Spurs , Gascoigne was sometimes so wound up before a match they gave him a tranquilizer to calm him down !

32 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Needs to start in the cup game for his confidents sake. Still a bell end though for that challenge.

I thought that at first but have now decided that a start on the bench would show backing for him with a possible appearance later depending on how the game goes.

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I thought that at first but have now decided that a start on the bench would show backing for him with a possible appearance later depending on how the game goes.

Or if we want someone to crock Shelvey 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 20:51, Whitey Grandad said:

The 1991 FA Cup final against Nottingham Forest. Gary Charles was the player he crocked. When I used to be an active referee we held monthly meetings and the top referees used to come and give us talks and answer questions, all in their own time and at their own expense.

One of them was Roger Milford, the referee in that final, and he talked about the Gascoigne incident. He said that when he saw Gascoigne in pain and the trainer saying that he was finished he didn’t have the heart to flash a red card in his face. He likened it to turning up to a car crash and issuing the seriously injured driver with a speeding ticket.

Yes it was Charles...

Roger Milford is another story ... never forgiven him our league Cup quarter final defeat to Oldham at the Dell. Andy Ritchie or Frankie Bunn 94th minute winner 

2 hours ago, Nick75Sfc said:

Yes it was Charles...

Roger Milford is another story ... never forgiven him our league Cup quarter final defeat to Oldham at the Dell. Andy Ritchie or Frankie Bunn 94th minute winner 

*MLG mode on* Maybe you should as we didn’t lose that game. They got a 94th minute equalizer to make the score 2-2. We lost the reply 2-0 on their plastic pitch.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Surprisingly havent seen it mentioned elsewhere, but Jankewitz has been getting alot of praise for what was described as a dominant display against England under 21 at the Euros yesterday. Anybody catch the game?

He will be someone else’s star in the not too distant future, I have no doubt about that. Which would be shame for us

Edited by Crab Lungs

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The claims he deliberately got sent off was one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in here, which is quite something given the incredible amounts of shite that has been spouted over the years 

Yep, mental. I’m surprised he hasn’t had another chance though. Use him or lose him.

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The claims he deliberately got sent off was one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in here, which is quite something given the incredible amounts of shite that has been spouted over the years 

Not sure it’s that ridiculous. If he’s looking for a move away because we weren’t giving him opportunities, what better way to get his name out there than being the catalyst for a team not being able to cope without you and losing 9-0.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ChrisPY said:

Not sure it’s that ridiculous. If he’s looking for a move away because we weren’t giving him opportunities, what better way to get his name out there than being the catalyst for a team not being able to cope without you and losing 9-0.

Yeah mate, rather than show what you can do what better way to show you’re going to be a great signing then to get sent off in the first minute of your debut. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Come on, those comments at the time were just bordering on mentalist.

It's like conspiracy theories 101. It was ludicrous what I was reading the night he got sent off.

I hope that event doesn't underline his time here, as like others I think he's got something about him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, disconnect said:

Very surprised he hasn’t played for us since the ‘incident’. Bournemouth was the perfect opportunity, if not before. Hopefully gets off the bench soon as sure he’s going to be pretty good

Really depends where his head is.

18 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

Really depends where his head is.

Well it can’t be in too bad a place given the reviews of his last game. 

We don’t have a load of CM’s. We are relying on JWP and Diallo for rest of the season so he must get game time and I’d like to see what he can do 

• Like 1

I was really disappointed he didn’t come on against Bournemouth, and thought it said a lot. Hopefully his chance hasn’t passed, we haven’t brought through anyone decent for a while so it would be a shame if we lose him without getting to see if he’s any good.

3 hours ago, saintwbu said:

I was really disappointed he didn’t come on against Bournemouth, and thought it said a lot. Hopefully his chance hasn’t passed, we haven’t brought through anyone decent for a while so it would be a shame if we lose him without getting to see if he’s any good.

I thought Obafemi, Tella, Smallbone and Watts have all looked decent when called upon.  The test is more about consistency these days.  Valery, Sims, Vokins, Slatterly and Hesketh will all make it with EPL or Championship clubs (as Targett and Reed have).  But with us they are on borrowed time because having impressed initially, they still need to push on.

22 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

I thought Obafemi, Tella, Smallbone and Watts have all looked decent when called upon.  The test is more about consistency these days.  Valery, Sims, Vokins, Slatterly and Hesketh will all make it with EPL or Championship clubs (as Targett and Reed have).  But with us they are on borrowed time because having impressed initially, they still need to push on.

I like Vokins.

No idea if he's injured or not, but he isn't in Sunderlands match day squad at all today...

19 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

I like Vokins.

No idea if he's injured or not, but he isn't in Sunderlands match day squad at all today...

I don’t know if he’s injured, but he’s not been very good for them at all. He won’t make it here. 

39 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

I like Vokins.

He was awful for his first couple of games then put in a MOTM performance so he is slowly winning them over.  Two unnamed Sunderland players returned positive COVID tests this week so that may explain his absence today.

Edited by Mowgli

8 hours ago, Mowgli said:

Yeah sorry that’s harsh on them I meant more that we haven’t had anyone that’s made everyone sit up and take note straight away (Shaw, Bale, Walcott, Ox etc). Agree that those you’ve listed have all looked like they could contribute something. 

15 hours ago, Mowgli said:

I thought Obafemi, Tella, Smallbone and Watts have all looked decent when called upon.  The test is more about consistency these days.  

Consistently producing is the only good way to assess. Dropping in players to the first team to improve academy stats is a fallacy.

“Valery, Sims, Vokins, Slatterly and Hesketh will all make it with EPL or Championship clubs”

Championship possibly, Premier League is very unlikely. Some of these players aren’t that young anymore.

Edited by Daft Kerplunk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Consistently producing is the only good way to assess. Dropping in players to the first team to improve academy stats is a fallacy.

“Valery, Sims, Vokins, Slatterly and Hesketh will all make it with EPL or Championship clubs”

Championship possibly, Premier League is very unlikely. Some of these players aren’t that young anymore.

Indeed.  Hesketh is 25 now (!)

2 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Had high hopes for Hesketh. There’s a player in there.

with time he could have built up his combative and physical side.

Was playing some lovely slide rule passes when I saw him play. A talent