Man City 5-2 Saints - Match Thread

LGTL

Just now, obelisk said:

Saints reluctant to cross into the box again.

I'm cool with that for this match - those little triangles are just another 30 seconds that Manchester City can't score in.

A shit cross and a failed attack from us is just them going up the other end within seconds.

• Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

No. We are in serious trouble next season. 

At times we've outplayed them and we've got two goals against the best defence in the league. He's defensively it's been atrocious but it's an atrocious mish mash of players out of position today.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

At times we've outplayed them and we've got two goals against the best defence in the league. He's defensively it's been atrocious but it's an atrocious mish mash of players out of position today.

Maybe for 15/20 minutes we’ve ‘out played’ (being generous) them. A game of football is 95 minutes long. 

2 goals have been from City’s undoing rather than us to be honest. 

Just now, SKD said:

Maybe for 15/20 minutes we’ve ‘out played’ (being generous) them. A game of football is 95 minutes long. 

2 goals have been from City’s undoing rather than us to be honest. 

And how many of their goals have been from our undoing rather than them?

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

And how many of their goals have been from our undoing rather than them?

Yes exactly, thanks for proving my point. That is why we’re in deep trouble next season... the players aren’t good enough. 

starting with Bednerak. 

Edited by SKD

I know match threads aren’t known for balanced comment but some of the shit on here is ridiculous. We’re playing the team that’s running away with the PL, and we’ve given them a game. Undone - as most who play City are - by giveaways. Sure, there’s stuff to criticize but at least be reasonable FFS.

• Like 10

Just now, CanadaSaint said:

I know match threads aren’t known for balanced comment but some of the shit on here is ridiculous. We’re playing the team that’s running away with the PL, and we’ve given them a game. Undone - as most who play City are - by giveaways. Sure, there’s stuff to criticize but at least be reasonable FFS.

Good luck with that... ;)

• Like 2

Just now, CanadaSaint said:

We haven’t given them a game. You’re deluded. They haven’t got out of 3rd gear all game. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSaint said:

Exactly. I think Ralph has got it horribly wrong - playing KWP would have made a huge difference today - but there's plenty in this game to be encouraged about going into a run of very winnable games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Billy said:

How many of the advocators of playing a weakened side will be happy if the score stays at 5-2? 

Depends what the score and collateral damage would have been had we played our best side. Crystal ball anyone?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint Billy said:

How many of the advocators of playing a weakened side will be happy if the score stays at 5-2? 

Given the side we put out, 5-2 isn’t a bad result for us (still 10 minutes to go). 

ultimately, if we don’t win on Saturday it’ll be for nothing. But I think given the injuries we’ve had, the right decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Exactly. I think Ralph has got it horribly wrong - playing KWP would have made a huge difference today - but there's plenty in this game to be encouraged about going into a run of very winnable games.

Which is exactly why Ralph didn’t play him tonight. He got it spot on. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 5-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic