Man City 5-2 Saints - Match Thread

LGTL

Remember, the team are asked to defend space not players.  Against the best teams, or teams with the right sorts of players, they will destroy us.  I'm not excusing mistakes or lack of focus which we clearly suffer from, but the team is set-up to play in a particular way and that way gets massively exposed against teams with real quality who manage to circumvent the approach we have towards defending as a team.

Over the course of a season it serves us well, but we'll always be on the end of some thumpings with this system.

• Like 1

Just now, saintwbu said:

I know it’s a sin to say on here, but is Bednarek good? He is soft as shite and seems to have a meltdown in games like these. 

He is having a bad run. Form is poor and confidence low. Needs a break but we are so reliant on him.

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

Let’s never ever ever again think that Jack Stephens can play DM. The game is literally passing him by. 

I’m struggling to recall one pass, tackle, interception or tight-mark from him. Just floating around doing SFA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Let’s never ever ever again think that Jack Stephens can play DM. The game is literally passing him by. 

It’s not really the right game to judge him on, not that I ever thought it was a good idea in the first place.

I’ve cracked it!! 🤔

I think the main issue here is 

they are too fast for us

too skilful

better 1st touch

better anticipation  

more desire

more organised 

stronger

more movement

better at kicking a ball

better at heading it