The Euro2020 Thread

Saint Garrett

Dull. 
Scotland will only create chances from out wide or long balls. Two defensive midfielders is pointless; get Grealish on for Phillips, Mount can move slightly further back into a CM role. No need for 2 holding mids.

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Want the number of a decent glazier?

Just now, angelman said:

Egg going down to Curry's tomorrow to get a new TV......

FFS!! I liked that TV!! 

Feckin' crazy decision. Sterling has been shite. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

If he takes Mount or Foden off rather than Sterling, my TV is going out of the window. 

Do you have a swimming pool and a Cadillac to make it Keith Moon style?

Grealish is a different player to MLT - more athletic but not as productive in finishing and set pieces. Both flair players with creativity though and both viewed with suspicion by England managers despite public clamour for greater opportunities in an England shirt. And no-one on his wavelength there. Only Mount that could be. 

Phillips off the boil compared with Croatia display but Rice playing his own game. Can understand playing both of those v France, Italy, Spain but Scotland and Czech Republic?

Che has played very nicely, good movement and hold up. 

8 minutes ago, northam soul said:

How is Declan Rice an 80 million pound player. Dull Dull boring Dull

Has a role and very effective at it. Victor performed that role for Saints and the defence was far more secure because of it. He dovetailed really well with Morgan who could afford to be a bit more offensively minded. Lallana, J Rod, Rickie and then Tadic, Pelle and Mane enjoyed the platform. 

At least Dullgate has taken off Kane who either is distracted by his agent or isn’t fit. Rashford at least is more direct but would have taken Sterling off for DCL. DCL must have spat in the manager’s coffee or something. Great season for Everton but Southgate won’t give him a proper go. 

Oh Che! Needs to get that on target.

And I agreed on a decision with Peter Walton! Sterling getting desperate there. Chance for Armstrong to be a hero….

Edited by saint1977

All my life England have never matched up to their supposed potential. This time its Southgate mismanaging Foden, Grealish, Kane and once again sticking with Sterling at all costs.

Just know we'll need to win that last game and crumble mentally under the pressure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, waylander said:

What's wrong with Kane? He doesn't look fit

He was the same in the World Cup after the group stages. He’s not injured we just don’t create enough

Edited by Turkish

That was an absolute shambles. Way too slow, way too one dimensional. We looked clueless on the ball, absolutely no idea. With players like Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Foden at our disposal and to look so clueless sadly sums up the coaching more than anything. We've managed to make Kane look like a pub player because we do not create anything for him.

I'm not sure what that Croatia game was all about now - were Croatia just that bad? I thought we had a bit more about us then though, today we just weren't there.

Credit to Scotland who dug in and with a better finisher (no offence adams - but that game summed him up) they'd have probably won it.

Truly dire. Really bad. Cezch's will finish top quality comfortably now. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Great God that was an awful performance. I have only managed to see two live games completely through so far. Both have finished 0-0.

What you were in Glasgow in 1880 something for the first 0-0......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He was the same in the World Cup after the group stages. He’s not injured we just don’t create enough

Yep, shame Southgate never had the balls to take him off against Croatia in the semi final when it was clear we need a change.

Look forward to watching this England side with a more forward thinking manager in charge, Southgate is clueless.

England just seem so pedestrian much of the time. With Kane so off the boil, maybe leaving someone like ings out was more of a bad move than JWP.

Thought Adams was excellent. Such a shame he lacks a bit of composure when the big chances come.

Amrstrong looks like a great impact sub in this scotland team.

• Like 1