Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Team I would like to see start (assuming Diallo and Armstrong are unavailable)

Forster

KWP - Stephens - Salisu - Perraud

Romeu - JWP

Redmond - Djenepo

Adams - Tella

Bench: McCarthy, Livramento, Bednarek, Lynaco, Smallbone, Chauke, Broja, Armstrong, Ballard

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Agree get KWP back in.

Leicester are shit. So are we. 2-1

We don't have a great record against them and Brendan Rogers, semi final last year still a big disappointment, I'll go for 1-1. 

Leicester seem to be playing two games a week at the moment with Europa league / Carabao Cup as well, hopefully they have a tough game and pick up a few knocks today against Watford. 

1 minute ago, Pamplemousse said:

For me, Leicester are about the same as Leeds and Villa, or a tad better. Think we should be aiming for the win IF we're firing on all cylinders.

Reckon it'll be a draw though. 4 points from this and Brighton would be OK I think.

4 points from this and Brighton would be brilliant, I'm expecting 2 draws. 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

4 points from this and Brighton would be brilliant, I'm expecting 2 draws. 

I think we need to win at least one of them to keep us ticking along. Tbh 2 draws wouldn't be so catastrophic, but a defeat and it's back to the drawing board.

Our home form has been good so that's one saving grace.

Anyone know if any more WAGS are due to produce? That's Redmond and Moi missing games due to becoming Dads, really the Club need to manage this situation better, footballers should plan these things so that they don't happen during the season. Missing so many AMs yesterday must have been a factor in Ralph's ridiculous team selection/tactics. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Anyone know if any more WAGS are due to produce? That's Redmond and Moi missing games due to becoming Dads, really the Club need to manage this situation better, footballers should plan these things so that they don't happen during the season. Missing so many AMs yesterday must have been a factor in Ralph's ridiculous team selection/tactics. 

You realise that getting pregnant isn't always as easy as just shoving it in without contraception?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Watching Leicester v's Watford today. serves us with a good reminder about what little bitches they are. Constantly in the refs ear, always asking for more, and questioning every decision that goes against them. Come on Watford, stick your boot in, make this a fight!

They certainly know how to moan about decisions, reminded me today we have only won 1-0 in the league this season, we won't be keeping a clean sheet against this lot , no 3 points coming our way. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Watching Leicester v's Watford today. serves us with a good reminder about what little bitches they are. Constantly in the refs ear, always asking for more, and questioning every decision that goes against them. Come on Watford, stick your boot in, make this a fight!

Whereas we're the complete opposite... hardly ever contest a decision. Whilst the refs would never admit it, I'm not entirely convinced that intimidating the ref doesn't have a subconsious influence on the some of the decisions made. Basically, we're too nice IMO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Leicester can score goals (4 today) Southampton generally manage 1 per game. Leicester win. 

There is a strong chance that their best goal-scorer in Vardy will be rested for our game. He played 90 minutes yesterday and with them being 2 up I was surprised he wasn't taken off if he was also going to play on Wednesday. However, his likely replacement Daka has been scoring so maybe it won't be as much benefit as previously. 

Would be good not to have to face Vardy though - he is still a top striker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SalmonSi said:

Sorry to say, I have a feeling some of the players are getting a bit peeved with RH and his tinkering. Some players need to be dropped, but they wont be. So, being that it is entirely predictable the sort of team RH will put out, no goals from us and a scoreline of 0-2.

I agree. “Nothing beats a settled team”

7 minutes ago, influx said:

It can affect subsequent decisions though.  

Yup.

Jordan Henderson at Liverpool does it all the fucking time.

That lot surround the referee for a penalty shout or if it's given against them.

Ref goes to the monitor and changes his mind.

Maguire and his man utd little gang do it.

Grealish did it with the Aston Villa pack all the time it was ridicluous.

I could go on but can't be arsed to type it all out.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Saint_Tony said:

really bad feeling about this one, Leicester had a good result yesterday, albeit against Watford who largely been a shambles. Difficult to tell who Ralph will pick for this. 

Saints 0-3 Leicester (Vardy 12, Lookman 32, Maddison 78). 

Any chance of listing the assists too?

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Saint_Tony said:

really bad feeling about this one, Leicester had a good result yesterday, albeit against Watford who largely been a shambles. Difficult to tell who Ralph will pick for this. 

You should have a really good feeling, you know the score, the scorers and the exact minute they are going to score, I don't know too much about betting, but a few quid invested should be very lucrative!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Saint_Tony said:

You can get 2/1 on Leicester victory at the moment. I suggest you put down a few quid.

I really want to be positive and say that we will win, but I just don't see it.  They have been in a bit of a slump lately, but have bounced back with that result against Watford - when was the last time we scored 4 goals in a game, yonks ago.  How many games would it actually take our strike force to score four goals - loads.

My heart says we are going to win easily 3 or 4 nil, but my head says that my heart knows naff all and we are about to get another stuffing.  So bad is the situation that I'd probably rip your arm off for a point.  Please, please, please prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, Micky said:

I really want to be positive and say that we will win, but I just don't see it.  They have been in a bit of a slump lately, but have bounced back with that result against Watford - when was the last time we scored 4 goals in a game, yonks ago.  How many games would it actually take our strike force to score four goals - loads.

My heart says we are going to win easily 3 or 4 nil, but my head says that my heart knows naff all and we are about to get another stuffing.  So bad is the situation that I'd probably rip your arm off for a point.  Please, please, please prove me wrong.

Newport County this season

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

You should have a really good feeling, you know the score, the scorers and the exact minute they are going to score, I don't know too much about betting, but a few quid invested should be very lucrative!

3 bets on us to lose this season, against Burnley, Watford and Villa. Hope to continue my losing streak if it helps us stay is.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic