Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Ralphs tenure, in fact every game, is full of ‘ifs’………if he doesn’t pick a strange team……if he subs players at the right time……..if the team turn up……..if the opposition don’t turn up. They’re like a box of chocolates, you just don’t know what you’re getting. It would be nice just for once to actually start with a team that isn’t square pegs in round holes so at least we are starting with a chance. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not looking forward to tonight at all - think I'm still mentally scarred from that game.

Think about it this way, if Bertrand gets sent off after 10 minutes and Vestigaard plays as badly as he did that night we will win easily...!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Our last two home games against this lot saw early red cards for us. Surely it won't happen again?

We're much stronger defensively this season so I'm hoping for a clean sheet. Perhaps optimistic but we'll need one to get anything. We're not likely to outscore them.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Leicester win.  1-3 or 0-2.  We are crap, simple as that.  They have better players and manager.

They were 13th, we were 14th, separated by one point before we played Liverpool on Saturday and they played Watford. This narrative regarding Rodgers, Potter and Benitez is getting boring. They're at clubs with much better resources, but also go on long winless runs and once all has been played out, they find themselves in a similar position to ourselves.

On 23/10/2021 at 15:21, AlexLaw76 said:

Get Eddie Howe in ffs

This was your alternative at the end of October: Howe has since taken over Newcastle with 5 points from 11 games in 19th place, Hasenhuttl took over Southampton with 9 points from 15 games in 18th place. Not too dissimilar, so of course Newcastle will stay up this season in your opinion, because we did and Howe was the answer to all of our problems. This is without mentioning the squads both inherited. Dubravka being better than McCarthy, Lascelles and Schar being better than Vestergaard and Bednarek, Willock provides more goals than any of our CMs did, Fraser and Saint-Maximin both better than Redmond and Wilson is on par with what Ings was in Hasenhuttl's first season.

Many on here say that Hasenhuttl is overrated by the fanbase, but my opinion is that a certain minority of posters overrate everyone who isn't at Southampton, which doesn't make sense as fans of Southampton.

• Like 5

On 28/11/2021 at 02:07, Red said:

Annoying in that I subscribe to AP but as I am in Ireland am not allowed to watch it 😞  

My suggestion. Get Saintsplayer, It is excellent, £70 a year. I've used it to watch Saints when I've been in Central Ireland. Where are you?

Go on google, saintsplayer.com for all the information. There is a thread on here about it.

Edited by derry

1 hour ago, Totton Saint said:

McArthur most be at a low ebb after 7 goals conceded in last 2 games. Why not give Forster a turn?

Are we expecting a war with plenty of bombardment of our goal?..I wouldn't mind seeing Walker-Patton play myself.

Edited by CAH61
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Leicester win.  1-3 or 0-2.  We are crap, simple as that.  They have better players and manager.

And stadium, and toliets, and corner flags and everything, we are the worst at everything ever, and should ask for relegation to the conference, and that all the players should be sent to jail.

Christ on a bike! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

And stadium, and toliets, and corner flags and everything, we are the worst at everything ever, and should ask for relegation to the conference, and that all the players should be sent to jail.

Christ on a bike! 

i think Depressed was writing tongue in cheek and being sarcastic with Alex

22 minutes ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

Christ on a bike! 

Depressing isn’t it? 😀

Leicester team leaked:

Schmeichel, Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Soumare, Ndidi, Lookman, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

Obviously take with a pinch of salt but a semi reliable source. Pretty strong team, shame we aren't seeing either of our leavers come back as both have been dire this season

Like someone else said, I’m still scared from THAT game. We’ll need a lot of things to go right for us, starting with Ralph picking the right team & formation, to get anything tonight. I don’t normally predict a score but just feel Maddison will terrorise us. Sincerely hope I’m wrong. 

I assume that this is happening at half-time. One or two on here will be spitting feathers!! 

"Former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins will be the latest recipient of the ‘Forever Saint’ award in recognition for taking the club from League 1 to the Premier League in successive seasons.

He’ll be very deserving of this award 👍"

Edited by miserableoldgit
Pedantry...
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Micky said:

Think about it this way, if Bertrand gets sent off after 10 minutes and Vestigaard plays as badly as he did that night we will win easily...!

Neither Bertrand or Vestergaard  have been starting lately but may get a chance to play with this busy schedule. Leicester fans are not very happy with either player !!

2 hours ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

Christ on a bike! 

But, if ALL of the players get sent to jail, we won't be able to play in the Conference. We need a bit of optimism here: we need to keep some of them. And whilst we're being optimistic, let's hope Vestergaard plays at least part of the game tonight as he has made a couple of sub appearances recently.

The last time we played Leicester at St Mary's we only managed to get a draw because Vestergaard was sent off after 10 minutes (and that's when he was playing for us).

Edited by Nordic Saint

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Most importantly will the new screens be up?

No they won’t be, something about water in all the steels, if you go and listen to the total saints podcasts episode where they interview Toby Steele they talk about the trouble they’ve had with them there.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Leicester team leaked:

Schmeichel, Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Soumare, Ndidi, Lookman, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

Obviously take with a pinch of salt but a semi reliable source. Pretty strong team, shame we aren't seeing either of our leavers come back as both have been dire this season

If true I'd happily take a draw if offered it now. That's a really strong looking team. And they'd have Iheanacho on the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

No they won’t be, something about water in all the steels, if you go and listen to the total saints podcasts episode where they interview Toby Steele they talk about the trouble they’ve had with them there.

I'm not going then.

SACK THE BOARD.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Leicester team leaked:

That's virtually the team that played Sunday though.  I'd be surprised if they don't rotate a few of those, Vardy for example.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Leicester team leaked:

Spot on. Berty not even on the bench for them. Vest is though.

As for us, good to see Tella given a start. Shame that Stephens isn't ready yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Not unhappy with that line up. No Walcott even on bench.

I still think Ralph picks the names out of a hat. Tella no game time then suddenly he gets a start…..at last !

I thought Tella was best on ground Saturday. Let’s hope “good” Redmond turns up.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic