Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread

Lighthouse

5 min delay to second half

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Wasn't McCarthy's `save' exactly the same as Schmichel's? It's just a reaction stop that maybe he needs to try and catch as there is no chance of knocking it round the post, it's too central.

No. Not a reaction save. A regulation save. No need to catch it. It just bobbled along the ground. 

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Just now, Billy the Kidd said:

No one could save the goal, but Alex scooped the ball literally into the path of the only Leicester player who could have a free shot on goal.  

He should have pushed the shot to the side, it is pretty basic keeping to not push balls back out into the centre area. 

Sorry I meant the first shot that McCarthy then served for Evans with a side of steamed veg and a red wine jus. Forster stands rooted to his line and watches Ndidi's shot go in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Wouldn't really want to watch a game with someone having a defib hooked up to them a few rows in front, nor would I as a player feel right running around playing football while that's going on nearby.

Completely agree, however, there’s relatively a high number of games being stopped for this recently.

Have the incidents increased significantly or were games previously just played on?

Just now, Dorchester Saint said:

Watch the anti-vax nutters use this to support their mental agenda. I hope both are ok. 

I'm not an anti-vax by any stretch, Ive been pushing for everyone to have the jab, but it's undeniable that there is a huge upturn in younger people having these issues and it needs looking into. Personally I think it's more likely to do with a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet through lockdown.

• Like 1

Poor fan but better to have a cardiac arrest in a football ground with paramedics present than home alone.

As for the game, weird half really. We look threatening in attack and have nicely mixed up our set pieces but still look nervous at the back. I expect Leicester to come at us so if we can last until about 65 minutes without conceding we should have ridden out the storm. Tella looks OK, Redmond good, need more from the strikers IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

No one could save the goal, but Alex scooped the ball literally into the path of the only Leicester player who could have a free shot on goal.  

He should have pushed the shot to the side, it is pretty basic keeping to not push balls back out into the centre area. 

To me at the very least he's got to do a better job of smothering the pace off it. It can't come that far out into the middle of the goal(i say that as someone who has been supportive of Mccarthy and doesn't think forster is particularly better(though he may have more confidence currently))

Just now, ChrisPY said:

Completely agree, however, there’s relatively a high number of games being stopped for this recently.

Have the incidents increased significantly or were games previously just played on?

There's been an increase without a doubt. Needs looking into.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

To me at the very least he's got to do a better job of smothering the pace off it. It can't come that far out into the middle of the goal(i say that as someone who has been supportive of Mccarthy and doesn't think forster is particularly better(though he may have more confidence currently))

Yeah totally agree.

Alex is a bit streaky in his form and confidence. Right now I think he is in panic mode. 

Is it just me also, thought the ref is giving us nothing, first time I’ve got pissed off about a game for an age due to ref performance. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

I'm not an anti-vax by any stretch, Ive been pushing for everyone to have the jab, but it's undeniable that there is a huge upturn in younger people having these issues and it needs looking into. Personally I think it's more likely to do with a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet through lockdown.

I know of someone who passed away from a heart attack last summer mid-lockdown. If you're not able to see a doctor, the chances of succumbing due to a non-covid related ailment are going to go up. Cancer deaths are probably going to be higher at the moment but nobody is blaming the vaccine (yet - but I'm sure they will, now that I've mentioned it).

3rd game in as many days suspended due to apparent medical emergencies in the stands. Why does the game need to stop? It is not disproportionate, not disrespectful, nor callous to carry on. It only serves to focus the crowd's attention on the casualty. With 10s of thousands of attendees at games, medical emergencies and events are sadly going to be very common. 

Further, if fans cotton on that a "collapse" now mandates interrupting a game, and potentially allow a losing team to regroup for 15-20  minutes, and wreck the momentum of the term in the ascendancy, then you can bet some will fake it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I don't agree with Whitey, but he would have done better if he'd just stuck a leg out rather than tried to get down to the ground.

have to say it probably one that Forster does better. He's probably the best in the business at saving things that are straight at him.

2 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

Why are heart attacks all the rage at the moment? 

6 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

Why are heart attacks all the rage at the moment? 

It is being reported as a cardiac arrest and not a heart attack. 

https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/heart-attack/about-heart-attacks/heart-attack-or-sudden-cardiac-arrest-how-are-they-different

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic