Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Could you imagine 😮

Didn’t he basically complain that the PL was too tough for him and that he didn’t like it? Pretty sure that would be a complete non-starter.

would be gutted to see him playing elsewhere though. Really liked him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully Perraud gets up to speed really quickly in time for the start of the new season. I think he rejoined the squad for training on weds at Staplewood. 

Saint Garrett who do you think we will target as cover at fullback, another number ten and striker? 

Dont know any names unfortunately, expect full back will be loan cover. Striker want is Broja. 

33 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The context of my post was a response to him saying that him being captain for half a friendly match is an indicator he isn't leaving. It isn't really, he was just the most suitable person to be captain with Ward-Prowse and Romeu not on the pitch.

Why do you care so much? It’s trivial, go outside and log off football manager.

Edited by Midlandsaint

17 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Sorry yeah, they've been told they're wanted by Saints, hence Bednarek being made captain last week. I am guessing Bednarek will start as first choice CB along with Sali, but expecting us to start season 3atb, because of Perraud / Tinos injuries. Sounds like Perraud won't be fit for Spurs.

@Matthew Le God oh you look stupid now

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

Didn’t he basically complain that the PL was too tough for him and that he didn’t like it? Pretty sure that would be a complete non-starter.

Think he probably got fed up with playing in Puel / Pellegrino system, and wanted an easier life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Great player, and hugely underrated by many. He'd add some experience and quality to that Forest squad. Big respect to Forest, they seem to be having a proper crack at being competitive this season. 

7 minutes ago, egg said:

Great player, and hugely underrated by many. He'd add some experience and quality to that Forest squad. Big respect to Forest, they seem to be having a proper crack at being competitive this season. 

He was superb for us, under appreciated, basically kept us up in 17/18

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, egg said:

Probably my favourite player since coming back up, absolute class. Would like to have seen what he could have done at a top club but guess too late for him now given he's 33

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yeah - agreed. He's not good enough technically to be a #10 IMO, he needs to develop the grittier side of his game and play CM., very similar to Prowse.

I think this is right. I still see something in Smallbone, and believe there is a player there. Let's not forget his lack of experience so far.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Piran said:

I think this is right. I still see something in Smallbone, and believe there is a player there. Let's not forget his lack of experience so far.

and injury. Agree, i think there is something in there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Snippet from me:

4 more in apparently. FB cover + Striker, and then CB and #10 depending on whether we can shift a few.  3-6 have been told they can go. Allegedly, Bednarek and Diallo have been told they're wanted by Saints. Valery also likely to stay as cover.

My guess would be Smallbone & Simeu (loan).  Walcott, Stephens, and one or two of Redmond/Djenepo/Elyounoussi. 

Broja not dead, but Chelsea dicking Saints around, and have been all summer. Broja + family still want him to come to Saints.  Time for us to move on I think.

Thanks for the info. Personally still hoping we make the Broja deal work - a front pair of him and Mara would be an exciting prospect!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

To be fair Smallbone has looked like one of the best players in preseason I think we would be silly to get rid even on a loan.. 

Agreed - does seem a little strange that he seems to have improved (i.e. found a role that suits him) over the close season but Ralph seems to think he'll grow more with a loan.  Perhaps he's not showing that consistently enough in training?   For my money he's been disappointing whenever he played last season - ball watcher, not strong in tackle, lack of penetrating runs...just seemed to be making up the numbers.  Hope whatever happens he flourishes - he deserves to coming back from injury and personal issues.

• Like 3

When Smallbone first made his debut I had my doubts - looked a little lightweight but he seems to have improved in that regard and shows a good deal of talent and vision.  Definitely needs to be playing regularly so I think a loan to the right club would be a good thing.  Really hope it works out cos the lad hasn't had it easy over the last couple of years and think he could be a decent player for us.

Edited by revolution saint
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Thanks for the info. Personally still hoping we make the Broja deal work - a front pair of him and Mara would be an exciting prospect!

Broja can be exciting to watch but I am not sure he is a team man and I doubt he would make a strike partnership, I am quite satisfied if he goes somewhere else

33 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Being captain for one half of a friendly because Ward-Prowse and Romeu weren't on the pitch isn't an indication of anything apart from him being a senior player in the squad. 

If he was leaving, it would make little sense giving him the captain’s armband. You’d be better grooming someone who would be more long term with the club.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

If he was leaving, it would make little sense giving him the captain’s armband. You’d be better grooming someone who would be more long term with the club.

Indeed. It's pretty obvious that the captaincy wouldn't go to someone who's face no longer fits. Only MLG would carry on his argument despite Saint Garrett telling us the position. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Being captain for one half of a friendly because Ward-Prowse and Romeu weren't on the pitch isn't an indication of anything apart from him being a senior player in the squad. 

Except of course that that’s been directly contradicted by someone with actual knowledge of the situation, which makes your statement objectively wrong. 

• Like 3

OK interesting one I've just heard. I'm not ITK at all and this is second hand info, but I've been told that Ings is in talks to return. The supposed source is very reliable but as I said, this hasn't come to me directly from them so pinch of salt required. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Careful using that word with all these youngsters we are signing, that’s how rumours start you know.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CWD said:

OK interesting one I've just heard. I'm not ITK at all and this is second hand info, but I've been told that Ings is in talks to return. The supposed source is very reliable but as I said, this hasn't come to me directly from them so pinch of salt required. 

Ings did feature in Villa's kit launch

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

It was half a friendly and the captain and vice captain weren't playing. They don't need to groom someone to be captain using half a friendly. 

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 2

Just a note on Jesper Karlsson we were talking about the other day - he missed AZ Alkmaar match in the Europe Conference qualifying yesterday - team say muscle injury hmmmm.

He's already said he is looking to take the next step in swedish media and Napoli and Nice are sniffing around.

45 minutes ago, CWD said:

Would definitely improve us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It was half a friendly and the captain and vice captain weren't playing. They don't need to groom someone to be captain using half a friendly. 

I don't think anyone is going to argue with you when it comes to grooming.

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, CWD said:

Blimey... That would be a first if one of my recent hunches actually came true....! :)

3 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Athletic reporting that James McAtee could be allowed to leave on loan.  We're one of a few clubs said to be interested.

Interesting, up to now all reports have said that there’s massive interest in him from clubs but that City we’re going to keep hold of him.

28 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

How's about Andrea Belotti on a free? Would wages be a a killer? 

Was supposedly joining Monaco but now linked with Dortmund and West Ham, and yeh I'd expect his wage demands are going to high. Probably his peak big move money and he's been linked with big moves for years. 

59 minutes ago, CWD said:

Would be a perfect signing - bung them £5m for the season and get it done

• Like 2