Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

13 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I believe he has contacts at the club. No idea if this is true though. 

He has but not sure how close to the grain they are

I know a few people at the club, transfer stuff is locked down pretty tight these days so Id say he might be right on Ramos but its not 100% reliable… for instance, he probably knew where Semmens ‘was‘ but not necessarily how close we are with Ramos

2 hours ago, Chez said:

yeah, its the £25m-30m figure that was bandied about that throws me a little. It just seems too high a price for a player without any games under his belt, so its maybe not accurate, but if it was, then we must see him as being bloody amazing and thus we'd go for the loan even without an option to buy. 

I don’t think we were ever ready to drop north of 20m on Delap tbf and I do think he is better than the championship personally, be interesting watching his development 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Decided to have a go at the Saints version of this, after the United one on MNF and having seen a few clubs ones bounce around today.

Boufal, Elyounoussi and Vestergaard felt a bit harsh to put into Red. Probably got £1m of joy out of Cuco from the Arsenal goal as well (fees are from Transfermarkt, a few don't seem accurate to me either before I get MLG'd).

Che and Gabbiadini could probably swap places too, but the cup final means the latter has to be where he is for me.

Bednarek is probably technically green given the fee and the amount of service he's given, but I couldn't put him there.

Anything glaringly wrong? Left out this years for obvious reasons.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 14.57.57.png

Cuco Martina's goal v Arsenal was worth every penny of that fee.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

He does a podcast on which Blackmore was on recently

It was a Twitter Space, which anyone can do. Basically a few people can start chatting and they invited Adam Blackmore in.

Good in its own way but by no means makes him a reliable source.

Svanberg’s medical has been going on for over a month…

1 hour ago, Appy said:

One of these fake ITKs that has got some sort of twitter following

He managed to 'break' the Stephens to Watford news on Twitter in the morning a few hours after the rumours appeared on the Watford Forum and subsequently here... blokes a chancer who only talks about 'targets' when they are in the media / online somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

"He isn't a typical predatory striker, but is naturally fit and can play well in any kind of pressing system which suits his aggression and determination."

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/pt-liga-portugal/2021-11-who-is-goncalo-ramos-benficas-gem-wanted-bayern

We can add him to our stable of non predatory strikers then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

"He isn't a typical predatory striker, but is naturally fit and can play well in any kind of pressing system which suits his aggression and determination."

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/pt-liga-portugal/2021-11-who-is-goncalo-ramos-benficas-gem-wanted-bayern

Translation: 'He's the Portuguese Shane Long'

• Haha 2

Can’t remember the last time we supposedly went head to head with another premier league club and won, apart from maybe Tino last year with Brighton. 

I know nothing about him, but given it’s in the public eye, and no local Journo has binned it, then maybe there is a chance…

Goal every 2.5 games last season in Portugal ain’t bad even if it is for Benfica. Already got 4 in 2 in the champions league play offs against Mjitland (spelling?). Looks like a similar player to Broja but maybe not the explosive pace. Seems to be decent in the air which is good. Newcastle are going to be linked with loads at the moment so might not be anything in that.

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I guess his dad has had a huge influence in that one? (I think he's a coach at Stoke)

i think City didn't want him on a PL club,  as well.

I felt like the writing was on the wall a few weeks ago that City didnt want him coming here.

"Dad, who shall I sign for? The club who's fans idolised you and gave you a job after retirement or the club who's fans spent 5 years abusing you for absolutely no reason"

But no, yeah it's the club's fault we didn't get Delap...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

8 goals in 46 games last season.

Let's bring this guy in, he means gols gols gols

11 goals in his last 23 games, including four in the Champions League and one at Anfield. Now up to 14 goals in 18 games for Portugal's U21s after his summer haul too. 

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

"Dad, who shall I sign for? The club who's fans idolised you and gave you a job after retirement or the club who's fans spent 5 years abusing you for absolutely no reason"

But no, yeah it's the club's fault we didn't get Delap...

All a bit of a saga, that never was really. 

Oh well. on to the next saga then. Perhaps we won't sign Ramos instead.

I don't know if anyone has seen but apparently we've been linked with James Garner of Man Utd.

:nod::twisted:

Any news on a full back? It still needs strengthening while Tino recovers.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Looks the wednesday medical @Saint Garrett mentioned was for that young lad from Spurs, Sam Amo-Ameyaw

Weren't we linked with two Spurs youngsters? I'm assuming the other one is still happening...

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

I did think when I saw that, he’d be a very “saintsy” signing, 

From what I’m told we aren’t signing another full back. 

That would be an own goal and would leave us incredibly short. No Tino, Small loaned out, Perraud seemingly still struggling.

Hope that doesn't mean we see Moussa as a full back, he quite clearly isn't. 

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That would be an own goal and would leave us incredibly short. No Tino, Small loaned out, Perraud seemingly still struggling.

Hope that doesn't mean we see Moussa as a full back, he quite clearly isn't. 

I still think we will get one on loan. A striker signing and then maybe Garner if we sell romeu. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I still think we will get one on loan. A striker signing and then maybe Garner if we sell romeu. 

There is still chatter about us wanting an experienced centre back though, so all I can think is that 'maybe' we'll target a CB who can also play full back if required.

*cough* Gomez.