Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

I’d be tempting Gomez with first team football and try to do a heavily appearance based fee with Liverpool. A gamble sure, but then so was zings, if fit and form hes England’s best centre back by a good distance imo. But likely not getting ahead of Matilp, Van Dijk and Konate now. 

Lindelof is also better than Man Utd make him seem imo, but can see him going to a top European side. 

Bailly and Sanchez both seem too rash for PL imo, they have the physical attributes but can’t seem to handle the speed in their heads. 

Chalobah only broke into the Chelsea team last year so can’t really call him experienced

Just now, tajjuk said:

I’d be tempting Gomez with first team football and try to do a heavily appearance based fee with Liverpool. A gamble sure, but then so was zings, if fit and form hes England’s best centre back by a good distance imo. But likely not getting ahead of Matilp, Van Dijk and Konate now. 

Lindelof is also better than Man Utd make him seem imo, but can see him going to a top European side. 

Bailly and Sanchez both seem too rash for PL imo, they have the physical attributes but can’t seem to handle the speed in their heads. 

Chalobah only broke into the Chelsea team last year so can’t really call him experienced

You are talking as if we would be remotely interested in these players?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Gomez signed a new five-year deal months ago, think it would take too big a fee to get him now.

50 minutes ago, DT said:

Scrolling this thread looking for evidence of actual links to signings is getting a bit depressing. Might we miss the boat?

I'm afraid it may have already left the station.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

That hat trick was in the game where Mark Hughes scored but the ref said it had gone wide. Replays clearly showed it was a goal. If only we’d had VAR in ‘97….

Yeah, we’d have only lost 1 - 3

Sarr is pretty injury prone but as a player would give that ball carrying ability in the final third that we don't really have.

Really hope we get two attacking players rather than just one.

Shame CHO doesnt fancy it as he would have been an ideal loan in addition to a striker.

Edited by Dusic

8 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Delap to stoke makes sense(he'll get game time he needs). I didn't really see why we would have any interest in a loan anyway.

Correct.

We must of known 3 weeks ago City were not going to sell him or loan him to us and that’s why we got Mara.

Hoping we are looking at our next targets.

• Like 4

Hmmm..... we did seem to be all in for Delap; though presumably we have others on the list of striker targets.

With the Che rumours I do hope we've got a solid plan in place.

Two weeks until the window SLAMS shut. Tick, tock.

6 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Hmmm..... we did seem to be all in for Delap; though presumably we have others on the list of striker targets.

With the Che rumours I do hope we've got a solid plan in place.

Two weeks until the window SLAMS shut. Tick, tock.

I doubt there will be a great deal of major transfers anywhere now until around 29 September when the dominoes will start to fall.

15 hours ago, Badger said:

Think they'd be a bit pissed off with that, especially the commute from Leeds every day.

You might have meant Gosforth, which from my time up there was a pretty decent suburb on the outskirts, with the racecourse, and at the time (1980's), two decent rugby clubs there (before Sir John Hall got involved to hijack the club).

I suggest that CB is being a tad sarky there

Will be interesting to see how Delap gets on, he should absolutely tear it up in that league. 

I don't see Romeu leaving, but everyone has their price, but club aren't expecting him to leave. Still a key player in the squad

Ralph wants to keep Stephens because of his versatility, but again, everyone has their price and he isn't a starter...

Redmond would like to move back closer to his family apparently, since he's had a baby.

One of Macca or Lis will leave.

A lot of interest in Adam Armstrong this summer, but Ralph wants him to stay, not sure if that would have been different if Broja had signed...

No news on Che, still no offers, and no willingness for him to leave, but that might change if and when we sign a striker. ..

Struggling to get rid of the players we want to get rid of.

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

Correct.

We must of known 3 weeks ago City were not going to sell him or loan him to us and that’s why we got Mara.

Hoping we are looking at our next targets.

I'd say Mara was one of two strikers we needed with Long and Broja going out the door and Walcott being about as useful as a colander condom. We need one more, hopefully tall and physical, and that's before we let Adams or Armstrong go,  if we do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

He had a horrible injury though, I think I've read some people say he lost all his 'explosive pace' from the back of that killer injury.

So he's possibly the lesser player than he was a few years ago, but still more than good enough for clubs like us. He'd be our best number 10 if he came here.

At 150k wages though. I think we should look for someone who hasnt lost his pace

54 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

wise words...

Mourinho is a class act, United should never have got rid of him. If they had let him do what was needed they would be now challenging. Ok not expansive attacking football but success all the same. Their fans are in dreamland if they think they have always been exciting, the same as WHU fans who think they have always played pure football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Will be interesting to see how Delap gets on, he should absolutely tear it up in that league. 

I don't see Romeu leaving, but everyone has their price, but club aren't expecting him to leave. Still a key player in the squad

Ralph wants to keep Stephens because of his versatility, but again, everyone has their price and he isn't a starter...

Redmond would like to move back closer to his family apparently, since he's had a baby.

One of Macca or Lis will leave.

A lot of interest in Adam Armstrong this summer, but Ralph wants him to stay, not sure if that would have been different if Broja had signed...

No news on Che, still no offers, and no willingness for him to leave, but that might change if and when we sign a striker. ..

Struggling to get rid of the players we want to get rid of.

So we don't want to get rid of Romeu, Stephens, A Armstrong, Adams

which means we are happy to get shot of any of Diallo, Bednarek, Lyanco, Elynoussi, Redmond, and possibly Djenepo?  Hope we weren't relying on raising much money from them.

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Seems slightly strange that we were willing to spend north of £25m on a player that is only deemed good enough to go out on loan to the championship. I guess he will get more games, but I kind of expected him to subsequently be loaned to a Prem side, unless of course none are interested in taking  him on loan.