Abromovich sanctioned - Chelsea fc

farawaysaint

6 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Can we still loan Broja next season or no ?

Do we know if Chelsea are supplementing his salary with us - if so does that become an embargoed transaction? (and a can of worms). 

Still if Tino steps himself up another couple of levels and everyone starts sniffing around, with the buy back clause I guessing he can't go anywhere (or just a different brand of canned worms).

• Like 1

It's hard to say what will happen at Chelsea, it could go one of two ways. They can't sit with all these players hemorrhaging money, the transfer ban surley doesn't include players they sell? (although I guess until it's not in romans hands, the money could still go to Russia)

I still think we're well out of the reach anyway given the fee they will likely look for. Certainly Tammy Abraham type levels (so 35-40m)

Edited by S-Clarke

I would imagine it means any fees (even loan) cannot be seen to go into the club and as they would also not be able to buy anyone I would assume that it means the chances of Broja being anywhere but Chelsea next season are almost none.

Unless somehow the sanctions are lifted in the near future.

Anyway, Chelsea would be out of their minds if they didnt have Broja in their squad next season regardless of this.

Edited by Dusic

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Guess this means they cant sell any away tickets either and if they get to the FA Cup Semis and Final and champions league final they wont be allowed an allocation.

Which means if we beat City and get Chelsea our allocation should be 70k.

Dont think we could shift those?

PS I reckon many Chelsea supporters would somehow get hold of many of those.

Edited by Pilchards

So unless a player is out of contract they are stuck at Chelsea or, in the case of Werner, Chelsea are stuck with them. 
We might get a second season Broja loan then but Chelsea wouldn’t be able to take a fee for any players they loan out. I can’t see “free loans” for young players would be stopped as nobody benefits financially.

I suppose any sale is halted as RA obviously benefits financially from that?

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

We struggled to shift 25,000 for a semi final against Chelsea a few years ago so no chance we'd shift nearly 3 times that. They'll proabably end up giving them to the NHS, local people and local schools, which will have plenty of Chelsea fans in it anyway.

Not sure this is good for us. We've built up a rapport with Chelsea but this means we have no chance of getting Broja for another year and the next Livramento type signing will have to come from elsewhere. I'm sure we've been looking at a few from their academy/loaned out players.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what happens to the buyback / sell-on % arrangements they've made with other clubs.

Some decisions will need to be made sooner rather than later as individual players would be able to walk if their ability to transfer or career progress is affected. Chelsea in effect would be in breach of contract, even if it was due to sanctions out of their control.

Obviously this does impact Saints due to the issue with potentially signing Broja, however more generally F*CK CHELSEA, F*CK THEIR FANS AND F*CK ABRAHMOVIC, JOHN TERRY, FRANK LAMPARD AND ALL THE OTHER C*NTS WHO HAVE JUMPED ON THEIR GLORY SUPPORTING BANDWAGON OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS! OFF YOU ALL POP BACK TO MID-TABLE MEDIOCRITY.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Obviously this does impact Saints due to the issue with potentially signing Broja, however more generally F*CK CHELSEA, F*CK THEIR FANS AND F*CK ABRAHMOVIC, JOHN TERRY, FRANK LAMPARD AND ALL THE OTHER C*NTS WHO HAVE JUMPED ON THEIR GLORY SUPPORTING BANDWAGON OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS! OFF YOU ALL POP BACK TO MID-TABLE MEDIOCRITY.

Are you ok Ed? Do you need to have a chat about anything?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

I would imagine that Chelsea would give their allocation away for free to season ticket holders etc.

That way they can still get in stadium support to give the players a boost

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

I'd imagine in those circumstances The FA/UEFA would sell the Chelsea allocations direct to the fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

We struggled to shift 25,000 for a semi final against Chelsea a few years ago so no chance we'd shift nearly 3 times that. They'll proabably end up giving them to the NHS, local people and local schools, which will have plenty of Chelsea fans in it anyway.

FA would sell them direct to Chelsea fans rather than via Chelsea 

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is there a loophole where players that are out on loan now become assets (aka players) of said clubs? 👀

Asking for a mate…

Well, we do currently hold Broja’s registration... :lol:

What it does do is reduce the chance that Chelsea activate Livramento’s buyback clause. They’re likely to have bigger problems to deal with going forward.

42 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Guessing bigger clubs will be sniffing around free agents like Christensen/Rudiger etc.

Curious what younger Chelsea players may be free agents available to be snapped up if it drags on into summer.

bigger clubs will have been already in discussions with Rudigar etc anyway, but you are right, the youngsters about to get a pro deal will be a genuine option for us.

On the BBC website is mentioned they can only spend £20k on an away fixture including European games. Love the thought of them having to go on a budget airline with the fans and having to stay in budget hotels...never gonna happen though.

9 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I guess this might make Broja more likely to go back to Chelsea, he's probably the sort of player they will need when they are back to being a mid-table side.

Aye, unless it ends up really bad for Chelsea to the point of a fire sale, which I think is unlikely, this probably reduces our chances of getting Broja.

They can’t sell him even if they wanted to until the sanction is lifted anyway.

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Are you ok Ed? Do you need to have a chat about anything?

Haha. Rarely get this animated when it comes to football. Just had enough of lads on my social media timeline who are Chelsea fans whining about how ‘unfair’ it all was. Most if not all were glory supporters who had no connection to Chelsea (no Dad or Grandad supported them etc) and some were even Newcastle/Blackburn/Leeds supporters until 2004/5. 

Maybe took it a little too far though. Agreed 😉

• Haha 1

From Goal, re: Chelsea contracts.

Outside of the first-team picture, Danny Drinkwater, Charly Musonda, George McEachran, Jake Clarke-Salter, Thierno Ballo and Xavier Simons are all into the final few months of their contracts.

Chelsea have no interest in keeping any of those players bar Simons, who has significant long-term potential having made his first team debut this season under Thomas Tuchel.

———

We were linked with him.

1 hour ago, edprice1984 said:

Haha. Rarely get this animated when it comes to football. Just had enough of lads on my social media timeline who are Chelsea fans whining about how ‘unfair’ it all was. Most if not all were glory supporters who had no connection to Chelsea (no Dad or Grandad supported them etc) and some were even Newcastle/Blackburn/Leeds supporters until 2004/5. 

Maybe took it a little too far though. Agreed 😉

Ha, nah, I enjoyed the passion in your post.

Funny how the internet fans get so wound up. I'm sure that a lot of them will just change their allegiance to another club that wins stuff next season.