Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

is it just me? I find this all so infuriating. Ralph a professional manager so who am I to say? but we need to drop this three CB thing. The system does not work and leaves us overexposed through the middle. Lavia is a class class act but is spending his time chasing two/three players. Adams is a horrible player, this is a hill I will die on. I'm bored of 'strikers who work hard' he simply does not have a consistent quality to be a premier league striker. Everything breaks down through him. For me, we'd be better putting Aribo in there, at least he'd hold up the ball and bring Stewie, JWP and Moi into the game. It seems baffling to me how simply this all is. 

Absolutely no idea where our goals are coming from this season. We are completely toothless up front. 

This ref has been shocking for us. Giving Leeds 50/50's and on the whole allowing them to kick the fuck out of our players. 

The commentators have done nothing but suck Leeds' dick the entire half when all I've see is two really poor teams. 

Honestly, we need a change of manager way before christmas or we are bang in trouble. 

• Like 1

I know it's very popular to put the boot into Djenepo. And yeah he isn't good enough for us. But he gets twice as much stick as Elyounoussi, and yet t I would have him in the side every week over Moi. Djenepo at least he looks like he might occasionally make something happen like he did against Spurs. Moi goes missing for 30 minutes at a time, and then pops up to do a weak ball into the box. 

Edited by sydney_saint

10 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Dan James definitely had one on when he put his shirt on to come on, so it reckon they’re all at it.

One of their players took his off after about 15 minutes. Presumably too hot.

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, Shance said:

The commentators have done nothing but suck Leeds' dick the entire half when all I've see is two really poor teams. 

I'm watching on Optus sports and they seem to think there is only one team playing 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Shance said:

Absolutely no idea where our goals are coming from this season. We are completely toothless up front. 

This ref has been shocking for us. Giving Leeds 50/50's and on the whole allowing them to kick the fuck out of our players. 

Honestly, we need a change of manager way before christmas or we are bang in trouble. 

We've said we're going to sign a striker.

It's pretty obvious that we are short up front and at full back. We'll be a different team with those positions addressed, not least because we'll be able to play a different formation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sydney_saint said:

I know it's very popular to put the boot into Djenepo. And yeah he isn't good enough for us. But he gets twice as much stick as Elyounoussi, and yet t I would have him in the side every week over Moi. Djenepo at least he looks like he might occasionally make something happen like he did against Spurs. Moi goes missing for 30 minutes at a time, and then pops up to do a weak ball into the box. 

They’re both crap and not good enough. Djenepo is having a 4/10 game. Elyounoussi has had a 2/10, he’s done almost nothing at all.

Just now, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It's pretty obvious that we are short up front and at full back. We'll be a different team with those positions addressed, not least because we'll be able to play a different formation

just signing a striker (unless it is Mbappe) will not make much difference, when most of our team are playing in defence

• Like 1

Leeds looking as on top and the home side. I don’t think we’ve had one shot on target which is f-big criminal at home. But Ketchup looks really good as does Lavia again.  We desperately need more in attack, so hopefully Ralph has a plan to use Aribo and another attacking player taking off Bednarek.

2 minutes ago, Shance said:

Apparently we are going to buy a super duper striker before the window closes and he is going to score lots and lots of goals and will be our saviour.  Apparently. 

1 minute ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I don't see it being different unless there's support. Not really a surprise leave a striker completely isolated and they will struggle.

Just now, The Kraken said:

I’m still tying to work out where it makes us stronger.

Barking that we still try it.  nearly every time Ralph plays this, we look shite.  We did 3 years ago, we do this season.

I just hope he is relieved of his duties ASAP

Must be different watching the game in the ground because contrary to the moaners on here who never seem to go to games I think we've played ok. Could have done with a couple of those shots being on target but other than a period after the second water break when Leeds controlled possession we have been alright.

1 cracking save from Bazunu. Thought Adams has shown why he should play ahead of Armstrong with some strong hold up play.

The Djenepo spin followed by the Ward Prowse flick and volley pass was exquisite.

Looking forward to seeing Aribo come on and run at them.

Ref has been a bit shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For a quick break from our scheduled moaning, I'm pretty excited at the potential of ABK. That was a heartstopping moment when he did his forward surge.  If that had gone in, the whole commentary here wd be pretty different. Lavia is also pretty special. And Djenepo had a great half. That's three big pluses compared to last year. Plus Bazunu.     Wd love to see Ariba on second half. 

C'mon Saints. You've got this!

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I think every game this season will be along the lines of "keep things tight at the back and try nick a goal on the break".

Not exciting stuff, but let's hope it works today because this Leeds team aren't great.

What does that say about us when they’re looking the better team?

Just now, NewYorkSaint said:

For a quick break from our scheduled moaning, I'm pretty excited at the potential of ABK. That was a heartstopping moment when he did his forward surge.  If that had gone in, the whole commentary here wd be pretty different. Lavia is also pretty special. And Djenepo had a great half. That's three big pluses compared to last year. Plus Bazunu.     Wd love to see Ariba on second half. 

C'mon Saints. You've got this!

Agree with abk and lavia but what did djenepo do that was any good? 

1 minute ago, CanadaSaint said:

I think the ref should make Leeds change their shorts because several players have done double-takes looking at pass options. I can see a tired-mind mental mistake coming from someone. Hopefully it’ll be Leeds.

The kit clash is absolutely dreadful. Who on earth thought it was a good idea having a light yellow colour away kit to go with a white home kit. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic