The 'New Manager' thread

Bad Wolf

13 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

It would not change how bad our goalscorers are

Might change how many opportunities we create to give our goal scorers a fighting chance rather than feeding off largely scraps and needing to convert almost everything just to scrape a point here and there. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t really understand the point.
I mean your geography is decent, Fareham is near to Portsmouth, great work, so gold star for you!

Also Ralph is still at the club. Just a heads up. 👍🏻

P O postcode mush end of conversation!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

P O postcode mush end of conversation!

Anywhere east of Bursledon over the bridge at Lower Swanwick is a bit sketchy as far as I'm concerned, although now I work right in the middle of Portsmouth I have to say I have come around to begrudgingly admitting that Southsea is alright.

• Haha 1

You would be surprised to hear their is a substantial amount of Saints fans in Gosport. 
the skates are obviously more prominent,however they are widely disliked not only by us but substantially by opposing fans of all many clubs in varying leagues that reside here,much more so than us. 

1 hour ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Nah,,   Titchfield is where it becomes fishy.

Yeah, PO postcode starts a stones throw from us in Locks Heath. When we moved to the area I rejected a couple of houses that were across the divide with PO address codes. Stupid, but just couldn’t face seeing it on my mail every day.🤪🤮

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Haha 3

I want us to get rid of Ralph now and bring in Domenico Tedesco. Harshly treated by Leipzig after winning the German cup and getting them to the semis of the Europa League, basically sacked very early in the season for losing two games in a row by 4 goals and one of them being to Shaktar Donetsk. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Gallardo would be a bit of a coup, he was heavily linked with Barcelona recently.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1580720217352650752

Why would it be a coup? Never managed outside of Argentina and is an unknown: River Plate had their worst season for years this year (although he has won a ton of trophies in his time there).  

Some random Twitter guy links him with Barcelona and then it's a coup for us?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

How the fuck is Nathan Jones already 1/2 odds on favourite for the Saints job? 

He's done a great job at Luton but got found out when he went to Stoke and ended up back at Luton, which is about his level. 

Personally i’d Argue that stoke are a mess, that continue to suck down managers as Sunderland did for years.

Been very impressed with what he has done with limited resources at Luton. Could be a good fit imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

He's done a great job at Luton but got found out when he went to Stoke and ended up back at Luton, which is about his level. 

Bloke on 5live phone him mentioned him.

Didn't think there was a manager (Redknapp, or Rooney aside) that would rival Dyche as an uninspiring choice but think Jones is a candidate.

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Didn't think there was a manager (Redknapp, or Rooney aside) that would rival Dyche as an uninspiring choice but think Jones is a candidate.

worst has got to be people saying put selles in charge 

just seen a lot of west ham fans for some bizarre reason are calling for david moyes’ head. he’s a mix of some times good, other times absolute car crash of an appointment we could go for. 

Sad fact is that when we should have got rid of Ralph we could have aimed high. Now Dyche is the sensible low~risk choice and good for getting back in the Prem, assuming we’ve dithered so much it’s too late. Terrible management by the owners. Really myopic. Also to not make a state,ent one way or the other tonight is negligent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I think someone on here mentioned that we had contacted him previously. 

So it's Dyche. Jones or Gallardo according to popular opinion.

Of the three, and this is far from ideal, Dyche would be the better option, given his experience. Gallardo could be either a Poch or a Pellagrino and is a risk, similarly Jones has no PL experience but is clearly a competent manager.

I'll be amazed if we manage to stay up this season.

Edited by kyle04
  • Like 2

Just now, kyle04 said:

So it's Dyche. Jones or Gallardo according to popular opinion.

Of the three, and this is far from ideal, Dyche would be the better option, given his experience. Gallardo could be either a Poch or a Pellagrino and is a risk, similarly Jones has no PL experience but is clearly a competent manager.

I'll be amazed if manage to stay up this season.

Don't think they are 'popular opinion', just names mentioned here and elsewhere.

None without any substance though.

I wonder if Dyche could be a 'Fireman Sam' to the end of the season.

Surely, past record has got to count for something, as has style of football and ability to develop young players. On that basis Dyche cannot be counted - his style of football and dependance on older players is just the complete antithesis of a Saints manager!!

Similarly, Jones record of failing miserably at every other club he has managed apart from Luton has got to count against him.

Gallardo on the other hand has an incredible record and I agree with the earlier post that getting him would be a coup. Neevrtheless, if he really has been linked with Man Utd and Barcelona and turned them down then the chances of him coming to Saints have got to be pretty slim.

Tedesco also looks a possible alternative.

Beyond Gallardo and Tedesco, I wonder about Javi Gracia. He did pretty well at Watford and took them to their highest-placed Premier League finish, improving on the success of Marco Silva who is doing so well at Fulham this season. It was a total joke that he got sacked at Watford, just because they had a bad start to the following season. He would have turned that round almost certainly and I think he could turn Saints round too. I think he is also a free agent at present.