Saints 1-3 Brighton - Match Thread

Lighthouse

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

`I thought we could only make 5 subs 3 times? Haven't we had 5 subs over 4 times?

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

It's different in league 1 but no one has told Jones yet 

2 minutes ago, Big Ron fan said:

I was wondering that too

Half time doesn't count

Watching that game I was srtuck by the question of, what has happened to JWP? He is a shadow of the player we've seen for the past few seasons. I'm not sure he'd get into another team in the Premier League. He offers absolutely zero in midfield and is a total passenger. He is one of the major problems for this team. I'd be inclined to drop him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Watching that game I was srtuck by the question of, what has happened to JWP? He is a shadow of the player we've seen for the past few seasons. I'm not sure he'd get into another team in the Premier League. He offers absolutely zero in midfield and is a total passenger. He is one of the major problems for this team. I'd be inclined to drop him.

not if it means playing Diallo. He is utter crap.

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

we are just as shit as we were before the world cup. All over the place, right from the off. 

Based on that shitshow I’d say we’re even worse than before the World Cup.

Jones had 7 weeks of coaching this lot and that’s the best we can come up with? Why on earth did our players get 2 weeks off at the start of the break? Those cunts should have been dragged up to the North of Scotland doing fitness training in the beaches Strachan-style.

No knee jerk reaction about it, I’m convinced we are going down this season. We look worse than we did in 04-05 which is saying something. At least we had some decent players back then.

Jones should not have been given this job, and by the time the board realise it and act it will be far too late.

• Like 4

Jones never made sense as a  appointment. Sports Republic should get shot of him now while there is still hope, but then Sports Republic shouldn't have appointed him in the first place, so don't hold your breath they'll do the sensible thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, saintant said:

He lost his mate Romeau, that's what's happened to JWP. He's lost without him alongside.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Just watching the goals again, Aribo just stood there for the third. He's awful, shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

I actually saw him run more in this game than any others since he got here, but I'm with you.

Into injury time and cruising, and Brighton were still doing something we failed to do all game - closed us down early and stopped us from playing the ball forward. 

The lack of any effort or cohesion, or ability to pass to a team mate today was alarming. A month to prepare and that's how we perform? Fuck me.

The only glimmer of positivity to take from that game was the willingness of Edozie to take people on and try to create something. I can forgive him the missed chances because he's only very young and they weren't sitters by any means, but he's got the potential to be really good, as long as he's playing in a confident team and not expected to carry us onbhis own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 64saint said:

He lost his mate Romeau, that's what's happened to JWP. He's lost without him alongside.

Why did we get rid of him? Had his legs really gone? I know these things are not simple, but I can't believe we kept Diallo, signed AMN and let Romeu go. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morse said:

Jones never made sense as a  appointment. Sports Republic should get shot of him now while there is still hope, but then Sports Republic shouldn't have appointed him in the first place, so don't hold your breath they'll do the sensible thing. 

I fear that they won't sack him this season. To do that would be a submission of failure on their part. He's obviously here for the long term, no matter what division we find ourselves in. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-3 Brighton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic