Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

21 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

FWIW, same person who told me about the atmosphere/split in the camp has said there’s another meeting tomorrow.

How many times we heard this now?

Not from you necessarily but in general… It’s like when Talkshite tweet something painfully obvious with no real source, it’s like well yeah no shit Sherlock.. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

If they sack him this weekend I'll be really annoyed that they didn't do it last week. With him gone I reckon it was likely we would have won this game and then who knows where we coukd have ended up. They've just wasted a game which is what everyone was saying last week. Of course if they're stubborn and keep him it's only going to get worse. 

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

How many times we heard this now?

Not from you necessarily but in general… It’s like when Talkshite tweet something painfully obvious with no real source, it’s like well yeah no shit Sherlock.. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I agree.

i guess the proof will be in the pudding tomorrow 🙏🏽

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Interesting comment from Shearer on MOTD saying the stats from the second half show a team not happy with what they’re being told to do.

Hope that’s a stat Rasmus adds to his fkin spreadsheet 

Match day stats (like winning, for example) aren't important to that wanker. The only thing that counts for him are the wonderful things Jones does behind the scenes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Interesting comment from Shearer on MOTD saying the stats from the second half show a team not happy with what they’re being told to do.

Hope that’s a stat Rasmus adds to his fkin spreadsheet 

Shocked to hear Shearer is coming out with cliche nonsense that he has absolutely no evidence, knowledge or basis to back up. Not sure how in way what so ever a stat can represent how someone feels. 

Actually am shocked to hear anyone finds it interesting. 

In just over 2 weeks we are playing a non League team in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Is anyone confident of victory if this nutter is still in charge??

The one year when we have (in theory) the easiest path to a cup quarter final and we have one of the worst teams in our recent history managed by a Muppet. 

What more is there to say?

I've already wasted more than enough of my words and my time, on Nathan fucking Jones.

So I'll be brief, and simply state the blindingly obvious.

Nathan Jones is damaged goods. Totally unfit for purpose, and has far exceeded his useby date.

Shocking football.

The Jurassic Period just called, and asked for their tactics and dinosaur back.

And as for the team selections, and abysmal man management of some of our best players, what on earth must Dragan be thinking about the treatment of our most valuable assets!? Assets he's just shelled out a shitload of his hard-earned for, only for the bright spark from the dark welsh mining community to waste their talent in the stands.

Criminal mismanagement of our Football Club all round.

If only it had been obvious it wouldn't work from the start, and we could have so easily avoided this utterly self-inflicted clusterfuck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Shenton said:

I don't believe it. Ankersen still thinks he's Brad Pitt are we're about to start the Moneyball winning montage. Plus he has a whole Ted talk on spotting potential he needs to support.

It'll be one more game. Then another because no one expects us to beat Chelsea. Until finally we "turn the corner" against Grimsby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

I don't believe it. Ankersen still thinks he's Brad Pitt are we're about to start the Moneyball winning montage. Plus he has a whole Ted talk on spotting potential he needs to support.

It'll be one more game. Then another because no one expects us to beat Chelsea. Until finally we "turn the corner" against Grimsby.

I would agree that Ankersen retains the potential to be that idiotic, compounding his error whilst revealing himself to lack both business and emotional intelligence. You have to think that the grown ups will step in now and take the damaged toy from the petulant child. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miltonaggro said:

I would agree that Ankersen retains the potential to be that idiotic, compounding his error whilst revealing himself to lack both business and emotional intelligence. You have to think that the grown ups will step in now and take the damaged toy from the petulant child. 

He reminds me of someone who uses statistics to replace judgement rather than to complement or test it.

Still staggering that we paid compensation for this bloke. Everyone I know was gobsmacked at the appointment and hoped we may have missed something. Comical appointment and struggle to think of a worse appointment in PL history 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Can see him getting a job at a struggling Championship club next season and us meeting again 😂

I dont mean this in a "ha ha he'd be terrible for them" kind of way, I mean it genuinely that I think he would be absolutely perfect for Pompey. Obviously he's got something to offer lower down and personality wise he feels a perfect fit for that deluded sleeping giant.

They can both talk about how great they used to be in the old days together.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I dont mean this in a "ha ha he'd be terrible for them" kind of way, I mean it genuinely that I think he would be absolutely perfect for Pompey. Obviously he's got something to offer lower down and personality wise he feels a perfect fit for that deluded sleeping giant.

Absolutely, genetically and intellectually a perfect match. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

oh how they would love the chest beating after hammering Forest Green 3-1 at Fratton

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Would be totally against a caretaker appointment, even though we’re going down.  Get the right man in now, and let him build towards promotion next season.

Unlikely, but my preference would be Gallardo.

The problem with the 'right man' approach:

1. We just tried it

2. Good managers don't leave their clubs mid-season unless they have a release clause

So we need to assume that Sports Republic know who the right man is, and that he is remotely available.  For both those scenarios to happen seems very very unlikely.  The struggle Leeds have is exactly what we will have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

No one any good is going to take over. We’re as good as down. They will sack him sooner rather than later but it’ll be Selles or a temporary appointment and make a permanent decision in the summer. 

Errrr?  We've already got the best in Europe, there literally isn't anyone better anyway.

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Without doubt. He’d be a perfect fit for them. The passion, the fist pumping, the no nonsense aggressive football. The unfunny little anecdotes. Both as thick as each other. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

In just over 2 weeks we are playing a non League team in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Is anyone confident of victory if this nutter is still in charge??

The one year when we have (in theory) the easiest path to a cup quarter final and we have one of the worst teams in our recent history managed by a Muppet. 

Grimsby are not non-league ffs 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lallana's Left Peg said:

The problem with the 'right man' approach:

1. We just tried it

2. Good managers don't leave their clubs mid-season unless they have a release clause

So we need to assume that Sports Republic know who the right man is, and that he is remotely available.  For both those scenarios to happen seems very very unlikely.  The struggle Leeds have is exactly what we will have.

Good point.  There are decent managers available.  Just need the club to sell a convincing project to them.

15 minutes ago, whelk said:

Still staggering that we paid compensation for this bloke. Everyone I know was gobsmacked at the appointment and hoped we may have missed something. Comical appointment and struggle to think of a worse appointment in PL history 

I know he won't be the highest paid manager but potentially what is our total spend on Nathan Jones? Paid off his contract in compensation to Luton, employed him for 3 months then probably going to pay off his contract with us. This short spell will probably make him our most expensive manager in our history based on cost per game 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I know he won't be the highest paid manager but potentially what is our total spend on Nathan Jones? Paid off his contract in compensation to Luton, employed him for 3 months then probably going to pay off his contract with us. This short spell will probably make him our most expensive manager in our history based on cost per game 

Cost per game + cost relegation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Jones will pick up a job in the championship soon enough.....then he will get a team and probably turn us over next season, given the shit state he has us in now

Groundhog Day. Wake up. Expect to see ‘the announcement’, imagine Andersen’s smug little face saying ‘one more game’, despair at Jones picking his ‘fwends’ and banging on about front footed mess, lose game, repeat. 

3 minutes ago, JRM said:

Why are we 'probably going to pay off his contract with us'?

I thought we paid our sacked managers on a monthly basis until they started a new job?

If (huge IF), Nathan gets sacked this week, he'll be starting on the drive through counter at McDonalds in Merthyr next Monday, so we won't need to pay him more than a week more than we've already paid.  What's more, he will have easy access to the chips so can put one on each fucking shoulder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I thought we paid our sacked managers on a monthly basis until they started a new job?

If (huge IF), Nathan gets sacked this week, he'll be starting on the drive through counter at McDonalds in Merthyr next Monday, so we won't need to pay him more than a week more than we've already paid.  What's more, he will have easy access to the chips so can put one on each fucking shoulder.

Best Big Macs in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fries not chips

Worryingly on this platform anger seems to be disappearing and replaced with total apathy…. 
Perplexed and also numb with the shear amateurism of the whole management structure at the club my attitude is becoming the same as the directors - ambivalent….

Ankerson has rammed the club in reverse and got his foot hard to the floor on the accelerator…..

Not blaming Jones any more, this is wholly (or holy) down to Ankerson…..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones