Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

Edmonton Saint

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

Gut punch after looking so much better that second half. Can’t see a way out of this now.

Yeah, could have been a turning point for us but I fear that will be a defining moment for all the wrong reasons. Morale couldn't be more rock bottom.

Edited by Disco Stu

Lots of fight, but as a neutral, you would comfortably say that we are as good as relegated.

We continue to let in soft goals, we seemingly cannot score unless it is a set piece....

We will be the team cut adrift over the coming weeks.

I thought Mo was half decent, as was JwP

Aribo shit, Bazunu shite, Lyanco shite

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 14:42, Saint Matty 76 said:

Think I'd like us to go for Gyökeres. I know we've been burnt by Championship strikers recently but it's realistically still one of the best routes for us. 

Seems to be a pretty strong consensus that he's the best striker in the Championship right now, so even if he doesn't help keep us up it could still benefit us next year. Although it does look like the entire bottom half of the Prem are interested going off Twitter.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Despite the rabid foaming-mouthed droolings of some on here, I think NJ has done well today. As did the team for much of the game, but that counts for shit when they continue to have all these match-losing errors in them. We can't get through a match without them. This is a problem that has to be solved in this window or we are going down.

Baz definitely needs a break, tho. Hopefully NJ sees that.

It’s fulham… we should be getting something from this game.. to do well he needs points. He’s done feck all apart from a slightly better team line up than against Brighton.. anyone could have worked that out with half a brain cell.. 

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Fuck sakes. Saving penalties is just guess work. Any keeper can get lucky by saving a penalty now and again. 

He's 20 years old. He's clearly got a lot more to come. Our fans sarcastically applauding him every time he catches a ball is obviously just going to make things worse.

• Like 4

What an utter bunch of losers we have at this club. 8 minutes to try and attempt to save a point and Fulham have the ball for most of it. That definitely wouldn't have been the case if we were winning with 8 minutes of stoppage time, we'd have been at panic stations. 

All the Lyanco fan girls can do one BTW, absolute trash player who wouldn't get in most Championship sides but is loved here because he'll pump his chest when we win a fucking corner. Pathetic. 

Loser mentality from top to bottom. Sports Republic OUT. Martin Semmens OUT. 

• Like 1

Lot of positives from it but at the end of the day it is another possibility for point/s missed. Really need some reinforcements. End up replacing edozie with Perraud says a lot about our attacking options. Let's get Tella back for a start and then get a striker to compete/play with che.

Really poor to concede from 2 set pieces.

Frustrated we only brought Lavia on when we went behind. Probably that's my only criticism of Jones.

• Confused 1

Never works to try and hold on. Saints teams have been doing this for years. Never quite have a manager who has the balls to go for the win with attack being the best form of defence. Useless. Naive. Incompetent. And will go down. Thing is, we need to make sure we have the structure and fight in place to not go down again. And that is not guaranteed, looking at this absolutel rabble. 

• Like 5

Just now, Archers Road Stand said:

What an utter bunch of losers we have at this club. 8 minutes to try and attempt to save a point and Fulham have the ball for most of it. That definitely wouldn't have been the case if we were winning with 8 minutes of stoppage time, we'd have been at panic stations. 

All the Lyanco fan girls can do one BTW, absolute trash player who wouldn't get in most Championship sides but is loved here because he'll pump his chest when we win a fucking corner. Pathetic. 

Loser mentality from top to bottom. Sports Republic OUT. Martin Semmens OUT. 

Another exaggeration. He WOULD be a decent asset in The Championship. Obviously not cut out for this level but he's exactly the sort that does well in that league. A bit like Hooevld

So depressing. At least there looked to be more effort and desire today, and we looked to be fairly competitive once Stu came on, but we can't keep relying on pens and FKs from Prowsey for goals. At some point soon someone else has to stick the ball in the fucking net from open play.

Really don't see any way out of this now. Can't score, can't stop conceding comical goals, can't stay in the PL. 

• Like 1

Love a good new manager bounce during a run of winnable games.

Glad we appointed an experienced head and got everyone inspired and fighting for the badge 😒

We’ve really got no hope, the cherry on the top of this stale cake will be if we get anything less than 3 points from Nottm Forest.

• Haha 1

You can’t expect the back 3/4/5 (or however many we’re playing there for that 5 minutes) to be composed when they’re a) constantly changing positions and b) have an absolute clown playing between the sticks who they can’t trust. 

Without a goal threat that’s a recipe for relegation. 

They’ve got a month to put it right or their investment is going down the drain. 

The ball is in your court SR. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

He's 20 years old. He's clearly got a lot more to come. Our fans sarcastically applauding him every time he catches a ball is obviously just going to make things worse.

He shouldn't be playing end of. We spanked 13 million or so on someone who should be a back up keeper. We needed better and we needed experience in that position. We never learned our lesson with Gunn. This fuckin club thinks that they are so clever with transfers. The transfer policy will see us relegated. No question. 

• Like 4

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

He shouldn't be playing end of. We spanked 13 million or so on someone who should be a back up keeper. We needed better and we needed experience in that position. We never learned our lesson with Gunn. This fuckin club thinks that they are so clever with transfers. The transfer policy will see us relegated. No question. 

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that there's a difference between not being ready yet and being sh1t. He shouldn't be starting but we should also hold onto him for cup games and build him up.

• Like 1

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Then why did we buy him and play him in the Premier League? What a fuckin stupid response

That's not what I'm arguing here is it? I'm simply saying he isn't sh1t. There's a world of difference between being sh1t and not being the finished product. His distribution, whilst not being perfect however is a huge upgrade on Forster or McCarthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that there's a difference between not being ready yet and being sh1t. He shouldn't be starting but we should also hold onto him for cup games and build him up.

Young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve…? 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic