Saints 2-0 Man City - The Treble is STILL on!

Lighthouse

MotM  

131 members have voted

1. 1. MotM

• Bazunu
    • KWP
    • DCC
    • Lyanco
    • Salisu
    • Lavia
    • JWP
    • Diallo
    • Mara
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Orsic
    • Moi
    • Adams
    • Perraud

13 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Concentrate on the game Nathan, stop posting here.

Be quality if it was caught live on sky and he was questioned about it post match.

“why were you on your phone Nathan?” 

“well I had to post on the saintsweb forum and, with the greatest respect, stick one to the daftees on there doubting me”

it might be enough to make me like him a touch. (Almost) 

• Haha 2

Wow. Where did that come from! This is the standard of effort and pressing we need to see in every game. Two great goals and we've had a right go at them. Credit to Nathan Jones because this is chalk and cheese from what we've seen so far. Bring in some new additions and maybe this team has a chance of staying up. As to the second half, not sure what to expect other than they'll bring on the big guns. We'll need shrewd use of subs because we've put a lot in. Well done lads.

I don't think he should change anything structurally. The off-the-ball running, rapid ball movement, and intense pressing have been superb.

That's come from top-notch effort levels, but they're unsustainable.

His subs need to be saved for like-for-like replacements to try to keep that up, not structural changes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As awesome as that half was, there's no way on Earth City will be as bad second half. Huge 45 minutes coming.

Tough question, would you take a penalty shootout, if you were offered it now?

No chance. No threat whatsoever. Yeah they will be better I’m sure but not from 2-0 up

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So, who’d take a 3-0 defeat if they were offered it now?

We've done nothing yet, get some context, look at their bench. If we are in front at full time I'll scoff all the humble pie you want.  But even if we do win it NJ needs to get us points very quickly before i become a convert. 

• Like 3

Great performance so far, City have had nothing. Now we are seeing in game tactical adjustments from Jones. 
After the Forest game I really didn’t think Jones had this in him.

Best half for some time. Not just the effort and composure shown by the team but seeing Jones is able to tinker effectively and against Pep too.

If this is the future with Jones, my belief in staying up is back on.

Whatever this ends up as, it is City after all, there has to be some belief in what Jones can do. Produce that sort performance for the rest of the season and we will be gravy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Is Lavia the real difference here?

We were playing OK until he got injured in August and it all went to utter shit after that. Now he's back and fit again, all of a sudden we're making one of the best teams in the world look poor.

I think it's a mixture of him being very good and the drop off to the next player just being so catastrophic. 

1 minute ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Come off it, nobody in red and white feels smug about us being shit. Even if we were 0-2 down tonight, the way we are playing is enough for most of us to feel encouraged.

Watch that podcast. I almost vomited up my own rib cage watching it.

Really excellent half that. Why couldn't we have approached the Forest game in this manner. Going to be tough to hold it with World Class subs incoming.

Amazing the difference a goal makes to Armstrong, making fools of city defence at end.

There's a lot to like about Lyanco. Yes he's got an error in him but he also offers a lot that this team is lacking. Would love a fit Livramento but right now a Fb he is offering something useful.

The midfield 3 looks good. Good to see Lavia back fully fit. Wonder how long he'll last with a big game at the weekend. Would be interesting to get a look at Finnegan. Diallo looks more comfortable in the 3 too.

More of this creative Djenepo please, rather than the version with edges rounded off by the end of Ralph's tenure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Agreed .. regardless of the result this feels better.

Just imagine how much this is going to hurt in about 45 minutes....

It might well hurt in 45 min time,but I've seen enough to know there's still a potentially decent side here still.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As awesome as that half was, there's no way on Earth City will be as bad second half. Huge 45 minutes coming.

Tough question, would you take a penalty shootout, if you were offered it now?

I was thinking the same question. With Haaland, De Bruyne, etc surely to come on I think I'd take it.

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

Ssshhhhhh lyanco is shit apparently 

He's still shit let's not beat about the bush and get carried away from one decent thing in all the games hes started.... but credit where it's due that was a great piece of work from him! 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Redknapp said our goals were all down to city mistakes...what? First one you can argue although it was superb work, but there wasn't a single mistake in the second one just great play from everyone.

Jamie Redknapp has been stealing a living with his shit insights for over a decade.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Man City - The Treble is STILL on!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic