New Manager

Bakovnetski

I don’t entirely blame Nathan Jones. The football didn’t improve, but he shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place.
That’s on SR.

Ralph, as much as most are big fans, clearly something broke down at the end of last season and he should’ve gone in the summer.
That’s on SR.

Not getting a striker or wide player in the summer when it was clearly a priority.
That’s on SR.

Biying children, most of which with no experience and thinking they’re good enough for a semi-decent coach in the Premier League.
That’s on SR.

Im even going to use the abomination of a kit this season, as much as Hummel are the manufacturers, some numpty has signed off on it.
Blame SR.

Not just the above but so many other decisions have been screwed up by Sport Republic this season.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
Typos
  • Like 16

9 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Ankerson isn’t going anywhere. He is part of Sports Republic and although the investment is from Solak, he’s investing in Ankerson and Kraft’s idea/model.

Selles, a well travelled coach but with no managerial experience is going to oversee 42% of our premier league season? Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke. Rushing to get Jesse Marsch in one minute, then realising Selles is the answer the next. How as fans are we supposed to get behind this?

Because JM didn't want the gig and Selles is here and the alternative for now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Cant be arsed moving stuff right now but this seems to be one that hasn’t been locked yet, so feel free to carry on there. DT has yet to send a PM explaining how much of a wanker I am, so I’m not sure he is alps.

Wanker. Only joking. Appreciate the work mods do. i reckon she does squirt too, though.

58 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t entirely blame Nathan Jones. The football didn’t improve, but he shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place.
That’s on SR.

Ralph, as much as most are big fans, clearly something broke down at the end of last season and he should’ve gone in the summer.
That’s on SR.

Not getting a striker or wide player in the summer when it was clearly a priority.
That’s on SR.

Biying children, most of which with no experience and thinking they’re good enough for a semi-decent coach in the Premier League.
That’s on SR.

Im even going to use the abomination of a kit this season, as much as Hummel are the manufacturers, some Nuno Ty has signed off on it.
Blame SR.

Not just the above but so many other decisions have been screwed up by Sport Republic this season.

What can you/we do about it apart from moan in an internet forum?

Edited by Toadhall Saint
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

That’s on SR.

That’s on SR.

That’s on SR.

That’s on SR.

Im even going to use the abomination of a kit this season, as much as Hummel are the manufacturers, some Nuno Ty has signed off on it.
Blame SR.

You seem to have a gift for re-stating the same things over and over, but re-arranged. These ‘nuggets’ may have some truth, but to be honest I think we get it now and the reality is, digging over the same dirt will not change the predicament the club faces. SR own the club…they probably didn’t want everything to go tits up, but hindsight’s a wonderful thing isn’t it?

PS: I’m not sure publicly accusing the club of child trafficking is a good idea! ( 😂 )

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Why the recent fascination for Beattie coming back in some role ? Seems his pitchside performance at SMS the other week has sparked the interest. Perhaps Kenzie should be part of the coaching team as well.

Or maybe bring Pahars back. 

It was suggested by Le Tissier. I think that's why it has arisen. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he would be a good manager (for Saints) but maybe he could add something to the coaching team, Selles certainly needs some assistance, since Jones sacking we have gone from 7 coaching staff to 4 (I assume Carl Martin, Andrew Sparkes and Alex Gross are still on board). Have to assume that at least 2 of those 3 carried out worthwhile (if unsuccessful) duties.

11 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Because JM didn't want the gig and Selles is here and the alternative for now.

I do wonder if JM might join after the Leeds match.

Probably ridiculous and the club PR afterwards suggests otherwise.

RA has a chapter in his book, "If it ain't broke, break it" - looks like mission accomplished....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Or…Rasmus’ poodle…you’re just Rasmus’ poodle.

I don't understand hostility to Selles before he has even started. Is it now old fashioned to think we back our own leaders whole heartedly until they have proved unworthy of support?

1 minute ago, Dellman said:

I don't understand hostility to Selles before he has even started. Is it now old fashioned to think we back our own leaders whole heartedly until they have proved unworthy of support?

Or, and I could be way off the mark here, it could just be a bit of gallows humour from fans on an innernetz mong board having a bit of crazy bantz.

Not everything posted is serious shit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VectisSaint said:

It was suggested by Le Tissier. I think that's why it has arisen. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he would be a good manager (for Saints) but maybe he could add something to the coaching team, Selles certainly needs some assistance, since Jones sacking we have gone from 7 coaching staff to 4 (I assume Carl Martin, Andrew Sparkes and Alex Gross are still on board). Have to assume that at least 2 of those 3 carried out worthwhile (if unsuccessful) duties.

I wouldn't trust MLT to choose anybody after his debacle when putting forward the people to take the club on 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Mate…it’s a bit of fun on an Internet forum. To be fair though Selles is hardly a new starter and anyway the thrust of the jest is as much directed at the spectacularly poor decision making of Rasmus.

Lets get behind Selles and see where we are, Marsch was, IMO an obvious and available appointment but for whatever reason he didn’t want the gig

Lampard/Gerrard I think would just take us backwards and/or waste more money when we eventually sack them

Worth giving Selles a chance and see if any other names come out of the woodwork

• Like 5

Based on Selles' pre-match press conference alone, I say give hime the rest of the season and see what he can do. If he manages half as well as thinks and speaks then we could well strike gold.... (emotive/irrational I know, but that's my gut feel)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Based on Selles' pre-match press conference alone, I say give hime the rest of the season and see what he can do. If he manages half as well as thinks and speaks then we could well strike gold.... (emotive/irrational I know, but that's my gut feel)

Totally agree. Leadership is about clarity and he communicated his views really well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dellman said:

We have a great record with caretaker managers. Considering he wasn't exactly first choice with Sport Republic's hierarchy, I wish him well but I don't have high hopes for him.

Marsch was the logical appointment, this is the cheap one. I was impressed with how he spoke too but we need to see positive on field changes before we can suggest this is an acceptable option for 16 PL games, IMO.

I’ll get behind him and the team as that’s what we need to do but I remain pretty skeptical that this is the right decision, especially as I think we could have got Marsch with the right offer.

3 hours ago, Dellman said:

I don’t think there is hostility towards him, just towards the fuckwits who have got us into the position of a third manager of the season. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Does that mean Beattie hasn't had his booster jabs?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Marsch was the logical appointment, this is the cheap one. I was impressed with how he spoke too but we need to see positive on field changes before we can suggest this is an acceptable option for 16 PL games, IMO.

I’ll get behind him and the team as that’s what we need to do but I remain pretty skeptical that this is the right decision, especially as I think we could have got Marsch with the right offer.

Appointing a guy who got sacked by a relegation rival this season, because they thought he was getting them relegated, doesn’t fit the definition of logical to me.

• Like 4

I think Selles will get it on the back of that, whether it's a bit reactionary or not, go for it.

Hard to stress the importance of a new manager getting an immediate result and the players buying in to what he's doing. Taking that into Leeds and Leicester is absolutely massive, rather than having some other shit manager (because let's face it, that's all there is available) have to prove themselves and get the fans onside etc.

It's his until the end of the season after that, I'd be pretty sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I think Selles will get it on the back of that, whether it's a bit reactionary or not, go for it.

Hard to stress the importance of a new manager getting an immediate result and the players buying in to what he's doing. Taking that into Leeds and Leicester is absolutely massive, rather than having some other shit manager (because let's face it, that's all there is available) have to prove themselves and get the fans onside etc.

It's his until the end of the season after that, I'd be pretty sure.

Yeah I think they will trust him with the job until the end of the season then take it from there.

‘As they said on Soccer Saturday at the moment we are the worst job in the Premier League but if we go down it would be the best job in The Championship. 

• Like 1

I like the way Selles dresses, we should keep him.

Seriously if the players want to play for the guy then keep him. Tactics are tactics, and everyone knows them. What makes the difference is players wanting to play, for whatever reason. Whether it is based on a manager reputation, like Klopp, or a younger guy like Selles who they like. We can either keep floundering around and find another Nathan Jones or keep the guy who just beat Chelsea.

I don't think you give it to him in the back of this, keep the dynamic as it is. You don't want to commit to him after 1 win (no matter how impressive) and then lose out on another manager further down the line.

Nothing wrong with holding fire and keeping things as they are, re-asses them when we need to but no need to commit to him just yet.

• Like 2