Backed by a wealthy investor

You'd think "bullet dodgers"

Wouldn't sack Brendan Rodgers

And end up with the unknown Maresca.

Meanwhile down on the South Coast

There was a vacancy for the same post

With three managers parting

They chose Russell Martin

Because I guess he was cheaper than most.

So Mr Wankerson if you ever read this

We're tired of you taking the piss

You fucked up before

And if you do it once more

My arse you are welcome to kiss!

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Its only taken a month.........

The reason it has taken so long is because Russell's release clause is less if he goes to a Championship Club rather than a PL Club 

And now we are a Championship Club

1 hour ago, Saint Keef said:

There once was a team known as Leicester

You fucked up before

Quite magnificent 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

There once was a team known as Leicester

You fucked up before

B+ would of given you an A but you passed up the chance to rhyme molester with leicester.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Ankersen went to Europe to buy an Aston Martin...

Oh Russell Martin the one and only

they said his days were numbered if he stayed at swansea

now he’s on the south coast and he fucking hates Pompey 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

The issue was never going to be resolved when we are no longer a PL team or officially a Championship side, the issue has always been when we first made the approach.. 

I do not think that is actually case 

According to A Swansea Fan I know Russeli's contract says he can move to a PL club if the Club involved pays say £2500K or £125K if the club is a Championship Club.

So we have been waiting until we are Championship Club before we pay the release clause.

The Swansea Fan also said Grimes was the real deal and would do well if he came to SFC

4 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Anyone got any overnight updates on where the bouffant Brighton Bhuddist is? Guessing not fucking Staplewood.

His kids exams are due to finish today so be out celebrating at Pizza express with the family tonight 

• Haha 1

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Hopefully not the same one Prince Andrew went to.

I bet RM knows Woking, seems his kind of town. Would be fucking boiling in Pizza Express in the current weather - out of Peroni excess pepperoni and no air-con! 

On 13/06/2023 at 22:33, Master Bates said:

Been sacked.

My sources are telling me the same thing.  You've got to admire the club here for taking bold and decisive action and sacking a manager that's not been appointed yet.  Rasmus obviously had his scouts watching RM recently - and can't have been impressed with how for example he got his family to the airport and on to the plane, his communication skills in a second language at check-in when asking for a bigger room with. a sea view (which by the way he'd paid a healthy premium to have when booking last year), and generally how he carried himself poolside and then at the sea food buffet in the evening.

Rasmus has taken plenty of flak this year but he's obviously listened and has invented an innovative way of avoiding paying compensation.  Coming to a TED talk near you soon.

• Haha 2

Anyone else that really couldn’t give a toss about this bloke being appointed?

Any slight optimism of having Martin as the gaffer that I did have has been completely lost now. 
dragging this ‘saga’ out isn’t doing the club,nor him any favours I don’t think. 
it’s  hardly going to be a fanfare when it’s announced,be it weeks ago or even more so now.

he’ll probably be gone by Christmas anyway. 
everything the club,or to be more precise,Sports Republic do is a clusterfuck. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Any slight optimism of having Martin as the gaffer that I did have has been completely lost now. 
dragging this ‘saga’ out isn’t doing the club,nor him any favours I don’t think. 
it’s  hardly going to be a fanfare when it’s announced,be it weeks ago or even more so now.

Oh come on. Apparently getting it sorted first only to be beaten to an announcement by a rival relegated club who are appointing the guy we (allegedly) made our first choice but who didn't want to manage us? That is so #Saintsy. Embrace it.

Edited by LaptopSaint
  • Haha 2

I normally wouldn’t be too worried not having a manager in the weeks following the end of the season but I have so little faith in Sports Republic I am starting to twitch. And then having been told that their preferred choice (Pep’s nos 2) is joining Leicester my faith goes down one more notch. A lot of Championship teams are back in training next week so the days are running out. There is a lot of work to be done. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

I normally wouldn’t be too worried not having a manager in the weeks following the end of the season but I have so little faith in Sports Republic I am starting to twitch. And then having been told that their preferred choice (Pep’s nos 2) is joining Leicester my faith goes down one more notch. A lot of Championship teams are back in training next week so the days are running out. There is a lot of work to be done. 

I'm pretty sure Martin is being involved in the key discussions regardless of whether he has been officially announced.

Just like Wilcox was before he officially started.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I'm pretty sure Martin is being involved in the key discussions regardless of whether he has been officially announced.

Just like Wilcox was before he officially started.

Any inkling why he hasn’t been officially announced? The compensation reason is starting to feel like a red herring as those sort of stand offs don’t last that long. Perhaps he is on holiday? I remember Rupert Lowe appointing David Jones while the latter was on the beach somewhere. Either way it would be nice to get a few ducks in a row especially with a large playing turnover appearing likely. 

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

I can't say I'm that excited about Martin anyway.  Open mind and all that but his appointment isn't exactly the stuff of dreams so the delay hasn't really bothered me.  I guess  if we're in the same place by the end of next week then it's starting to look like there's more to it than just an issue over compensation.

Can't say i'm overly bothered about not getting Maresca either - he comes with as many doubts as Martin will do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Any inkling why he hasn’t been officially announced? The compensation reason is starting to feel like a red herring as those sort of stand offs don’t last that long. Perhaps he is on holiday? I remember Rupert Lowe appointing David Jones while the latter was on the beach somewhere. Either way it would be nice to get a few ducks in a row especially with a large playing turnover appearing likely. 

If it had already been completed and he was just on a beach then Swansea would have announced it. 

Edited by Fabrice29
  • Like 2