Russell Martin

LegalEagle

5 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

You would obviously like to think so and it is allowed to tell the fans if they are. But all I hear is the sound of silence. Trouble is Ron, I just don’t trust them at the present after that shit show season. I had high hopes I really did. They talked the talk, Brentford etc but, well, you know as well as I how bad it was last year. I know patience is a virtue but the fans have every right to be twitchy, especially as there are doubts about Martin’s ability. 

I think it's time for you to let go of last season, get behind the club, and move forward. I'm sure they know they fucked up last season. 

Personally they have my full backing next season. If we have another nightmare year, then it might start wearing thin, but ultimately they have money and seem to be backing the club.  Let hope they learn from their mistakes, but wouldn't surprise me if we're top spenders in the division this season.

• Like 13

Just seen that there is a manager called Martin Russell from ireland who got sacked from Athlone town last month.

He also played for Norwich.

I hope rasmus googled the name correctly.

Edit: I am soooooo bored might be time to log off.

image.png.1804a3b6f3c87e46d98b3383ed222c8e.png

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Just seen that there is a manager called Martin Russell from ireland who got sacked from Athlone town last month.

“Sh*t, how have I ended up at Staplewood?”

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Blimey. What is it about you and holidays? Not only do you repeatedly tell people what they can and cannot do on holiday but now you seem to know the holiday dates of all the staff at SMS.  😁😁

We had 63 days between seasons to get our new manager bedded in, sell a huge number of players who wanted away (or we wanted away) and then re build a team. We seem to have spent over a third of this time doing fuck all.

Expect some rushed, hurried (and dare I say poor)  decisions towards the end of August.

you mean S.N.A.F.U ?

9 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Stuck in to what since everyone is still on holiday?

Only so many pencils that need to be sharpened....

Planning and preparation, full analysis of the first team, reserves and youth, examination of the scouting reports already completed and identification of new targets, preparing training schedules for the squad as a whole and individual players, heck even team building exercises with the backroom staff. 

Or he can just turn up after the players are back and wing it, I suppose. 

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Planning and preparation, full analysis of the first team, reserves and youth, examination of the scouting reports already completed and identification of new targets, preparing training schedules for the squad as a whole and individual players, heck even team building exercises with the backroom staff. 

Or he can just turn up after the players are back and wing it, I suppose. 

How do you know isnt being done / hasnt been done already? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Fuck me, Adrian Chiles could be our new man? 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

According to Sam it’s in doubt!

Although I wouldn’t believe it because it would imply RA has used logic and common sense.

IMG_2110.jpeg

Who is SFC Sam ? 

(Did he used to be a fireman ?)

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Blimey. What is it about you and holidays? Not only do you repeatedly tell people what they can and cannot do on holiday but now you seem to know the holiday dates of all the staff at SMS.  😁😁

We had 63 days between seasons to get our new manager bedded in, sell a huge number of players who wanted away (or we wanted away) and then re build a team. We seem to have spent over a third of this time doing fuck all. Expect some rushed, hurried (and dare I say poor)  decisions towards the end of August.

This is the point. Maybe he is sitting in Majorca watching videos of our games working out new tactics and thinking "AA is awful, he can go, is that ABK 'injured' again? He can go. Tall Paul, fuck me! etc etc etc" But somehow I doubt it. Until he signs on the dotted line, we're wasting time.

And maybe it's my poor memory but we never seem to get off to a flying start. By the end of August, we'll probably have played 7/8 games and the players need to know each other's styles and strengths not meeting each other for the first time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Although I wouldn’t believe it because it would imply RA has used logic and common sense.

IMG_2110.jpeg

You do wonder if anyone knows what they are doing in the marbled halls of power within St Marys.

Kit launch went well

15 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Is there a sweepstake for this?

My vote is for Friday, following in the footsteps of the Paul Allen takeover and all the yacht tracking, earlobe analysis and monkey chicken petting zoo shenanigans that came with it.

I'm going for tomorrow.  Fixture list comes out and Russell Martin gets unveiled.  

Swansea announcement says ...

The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-russell-martin-leaves-swansea-city

Ouch...

Edited by Yorkshire Saint

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Swansea announcement says ...

The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/09/southampton-twitter-swansea-hotel-cancellation

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

IMG_2110.jpeg

This is exactly what would happen to me if I decided to be an attention seeking prick on Twitter. 

I’ll stick to being a dick on here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sfc4prem said:

I stand firm in my belief that i could give maya jama, every female bikini instagram model in the world and some random sexy athlete chick the night of their lives at the same time and will work diligently to ensure i work in my best interests to make it happen. 

• Haha 2