Russell Martin

LegalEagle

Alfie house has tweeted to say he is off on holiday and doesn't expect to miss any announcements... I hope some people can take another week with no Martin announcement... 😅🤣

Edited by Saint86

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Alfie house has tweeted to say he is off on holiday and doesn't expect to miss any announcements... I hope some people can take another week with no Martin announcement... 😅🤣

His choice of emoji might suggest he knows something….

IMG_5413.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

you missed the Pinocchio emoji 🤣

18 hours ago, trousers said:

That article was also published on 21st May and said an announcement would be made within 48 hours. Still not convinced Martin is our only candidate.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

That article was also published on 21st May and said an announcement would be made within 48 hours. Still not convinced Martin is our only candidate.

Thats what the article originally stated. Wonder why this is dragging on though, I thought there was going to be an announcement last week. But then the earlier link from the independent says its close.  So you think we still have other candidates that we are talking to? 

Edited by davefizzy14

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Koeman leaving Saints was a pretty ridiculous move when you look back at his managerial career since then.

Lots of appointments with no notable achievements.

The Titanic and McMenemy analogy, RK shouldn’t have left Southampton at that point. Loved his time with Saints. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

Thats what the article originally stated. Wonder why this is dragging on though, I thought there was going to be an announcement last week. But then the earlier link from the independent says its close.  So you think we still have other candidates that we are talking to? 

Because the club didn’t expect Swansea to be dicks about compensation. He’s joining, there is no one else, 

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Because the club didn’t expect Swansea to be dicks about compensation. He’s joining, there is no one else, 

I’d hope we’ve been flirting with one or two others just in case

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Koeman leaving Saints was a pretty ridiculous move when you look back at his managerial career since then.

Lots of appointments with no notable achievements.

Except he got a big pay rise at Everton. Then went on to manage one of the world's biggest football clubs in Barcelona and his own National team.

I very much doubt he would want to change that.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

To be fair, it doesn't sound like them being dicks. We approached them when we were in the premier league but seem to be whining about paying the compensation to be paid if he was approached by a premier league club. If we really wanted him, we should have paid the proper money. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Ok thanks. Hopefully it's a done deal next week. 

Edited by davefizzy14

Either someone has way too much time on their hands or there's an announcement any time now.

Either way it's pretty shocking use of green screen!

Edit: well that hasnt downloaded or uploaded property but it's RM in Saints gear. Looks like a press photo. 

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Either someone has way too much time on their hands or there's an announcement any time now.

Either way it's pretty shocking use of green screen!

Edit: well that hasnt downloaded or uploaded property but it's RM in Saints gear. Looks like a press photo. 

Come again .. what have I missed ..

6 hours ago, New Forest Pony said:

They’re chalk and cheese. Martin appears to be both a thinker and a decent human being 

Really? You think Jones is not a decent human being or indeed a thinker - on what basis? Think you’re either being facetious or overly harsh.

Of course their preferred football styles are quite different, but I believe they are ‘emotional’ characters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

It’s photoshopped.

And we can now add another Twitter account to the hit list of saintsfc shit on the timeline. 😂

He knows it's photoshopped which is why he put the egg timer next to Martin's name and then added "come on" underneath.

If there was a Twitter thread adding screenshots of shit posts on here they'd have just as much, if not more, evidence to use.

11 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

The Owen Hargreaves skit on BT Sport springs to mind.

"It's not fair. How come they get compensation and a better manager?"

"Not everybody gets a better manager, you know."

Nathan Jones to be Sheff Weds next manager.............................

• Sad 1