• Alcaraz
    • Stu A.
    • Adam A.
    • Fraser
    • Charles
    • Adams
    • Bree
    • Aribo

Gotta love this place.  3-1 up against a team that barely conceded last few games, and we're still in max neg mode.    Live table... we're equal points w Leeds.  We've seen glimpses of what the talent we own can do. that's pretty damn cool.    for me, Stu Armstrong should be absolute team fixture.    And v v happy to see ArmA growing in confidence.    All that said no one wd like another Saints goal more than me. LOL

Edited by NewYorkSaint
  • Like 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 3-1 Leeds - Match Thread

Good first half. More direct at times, good pressing as a team. Sulemana was really good - skill and awareness. We looked solid.

2nd half not good. Back to slow passing. Less pressing. Didn’t really create anything and kept giving the ball away and putting ourselves under pressure.  We do this thing where the defenders hold the ball and invite the press, plays the ball hard to a midfielder who then fires it back even harder at the defender who just passed and is still surrounded by pressing players : requiring that they have an amazing touch to get out of trouble or the ball goes loose. It’s obviously a thing they’ve been told to do - but it’s infuriating. If the midfielder just took a touch and turned we’d be so much better off.

Thought aribo looked like he was running through treacle.. so immobile. 

pleased with three points but lots of work to do. 

Well that was SO much better. No stupid obstinate insistence on playing to a fucking system/process and throwing in goals as a consequence. I want to say credit to RM for showing flexibility, but he really should've been showing it before now. That said, he does deserve some credit for the lineup and the subs which were correct and made at the right time. C'mon Russ I really want to like you, keep it up.

Whatever, really good win and some top performances today - Sully, AA, KWP, Stu the CB's all really good. Manning had his best game for us too. UTS.

• Like 3

Great win. The midfield still worries me though. A decent team would have punished us today. Adams looks rusty but hardly surprising. 

Hopefully the start of a good run. The quality of the game wasn't the highest was it? 

Especially good performances from Downes (first half), KWP and Bednarek. Defence looking much more solid. Good kicking from Bazunu too 

• Like 1