Carlos Alcaraz

Master Bates

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Looks like alcarez has done a 360 and won't be staying can't blame him 

Among the usual "I'm too good to play in the Championship" guff you always get from players in relegated teams, Alcaraz is one of the few in Saints' squad for whom that is true. ( Others being JWP and Lavia ).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok guys I did something revolutionary, I read the actual article and guess what?

It's all make believe Sun bullshit.

Not 1 source, not one new quote or reference to leaving it is top class grade a bullshit.

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

Yep the MSM seem to think we are skint and are anticipating a fire sale. Wrong.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Among the usual "I'm too good to play in the Championship" guff you always get from players in relegated teams, Alcaraz is one of the few in Saints' squad for whom that is true. ( Others being JWP and Lavia ).

I'm a big fan of Charly but I don't agree with this at the moment. His positives are that he scores goals and tries to make things happen. However, he gives the ball away constantly, often in dangerous areas, he doesn't track back enough, he's rash, he can't last 90 minutes. He'd do well somewhere like Brighton but he would be in and out of the team. Much better for his development to play a full season in the Championship, probably score loads of goals, and then if we don't go up he will obviously move on.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

As he seems to be staying (jinxed it now!) he should definitely be worth his own song. Whilst it’d be great to have more original chants, thought Si Señor would be quite fitting for him - especially as it originated in Argentina (unless it being a River Plate chant would be contentious for any reason!).

There’s something that the Saints want you to know 

The best in the world has come to the south coast

Our Argentine, give him the ball and he’ll score every time

Si señor, give the ball to Charly and he will score

Unlikely he gets a song. We've had good players here for years in the past who never had one. The last 7 or 8 years has seen a sharp downward spiral in the number of player chants to the point where now it seems like hardly anyone has one.

Bazunu - no

KWP - no, been here years.

Bednarek - no, been here years

Stephens - people were chanting "Stevo" after Norwich but never had one before

Manning - no, but new. 

Charles - no, but new

Smallbone - recycled JWP song

S. Armstrong - yes, kind of but no one sings it and I'm not including the Stu & Adam Armstrong song because it's horrendous

A. Armstrong - no, also see above

Tella - don't think so

Edoize - no

Alcaraz - no

Adams - no, been here years

It's absolutely pitiful.

If it hasn't been already, surely it's time to resurrect the Rasiak chant based on KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up?

Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na-na-na now!

Charly Alcaraz - Alcaraz - Charly Alcaraz

PS - I have heard he fucking hates Pompey, but unsure how to work it in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Mikey said:

If it hasn't been already, surely it's time to resurrect the Rasiak chant based on KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up?

That would’ve been my second suggestion! It’s been so long since that chant was used most people would think it’s original haha. Fits perfectly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Unlikely he gets a song. We've had good players here for years in the past who never had one. The last 7 or 8 years has seen a sharp downward spiral in the number of player chants to the point where now it seems like hardly anyone has one.

Bazunu - no

KWP - no, been here years.

Bednarek - no, been here years

Stephens - people were chanting "Stevo" after Norwich but never had one before

Manning - no, but new. 

Charles - no, but new

Smallbone - recycled JWP song

S. Armstrong - yes, kind of but no one sings it and I'm not including the Stu & Adam Armstrong song because it's horrendous

A. Armstrong - no, also see above

Tella - don't think so

Edoize - no

Alcaraz - no

Adams - no, been here years

It's absolutely pitiful.

You’re right, it is rubbish, albeit imo a symptom of the turnover of players we have had. When you think of the squad that was picked apart when Poch left, off the top of my head Lambert, Lallana, JRod, Wanyama, Jose Fonte, Steven Davis and Poch himself all had chants - since then it feel like people haven’t bothered as the players leave so soon. But some vids from the Plymouth game had chants for Che and Tella, so people are trying at least. Hopefully the increased positivity can lead to a few new ones. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

You’re right, it is rubbish, albeit imo a symptom of the turnover of players we have had. When you think of the squad that was picked apart when Poch left, off the top of my head Lambert, Lallana, JRod, Wanyama, Jose Fonte, Steven Davis and Poch himself all had chants - since then it feel like people haven’t bothered as the players leave so soon. But some vids from the Plymouth game had chants for Che and Tella, so people are trying at least. Hopefully the increased positivity can lead to a few new ones. 

I agree with all of this. The only weird thing is that someone like Livramento had 3 chants at one point while other players who had been here way longer had none. Makes no sense to me especially as the bloke barely played for us.

I do hear people trying occasionally at aways to get player chants going but they don't often stick. Here's hoping we can get some now (and some original ones too rather than copying everyone else)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Saint Mikey said:

simple, effective and easy enough for the hand clapping seals to join in. Make it happen. 

Old song again to the tune of Sway;

When Charly Alcaraz starts to play

Watch him move, see him sway.

Such a super player we are sure

He will score, more and more

Like a player wanting just to please

Bends the ball, scores with ease. 

When he moves he does it like a breeze

Likes to tease, scores with ease.

• 1 month later...

Martin on Alcaraz: “Charley is a young man and doesn’t speak English very well, if at all. There are things he knows he needs to do better. It’s about who you trust at this moment. Your all in with this side or not.”

Martin on Alcaraz continued: “It’s a hard time for him. He’s lost two of his best friends - Caballero and Lyanco who spoke the language, he’s miles away from home, he’s had some difficult news about his Dad. Now is not the right time for him.” #Saintsfc

Edited by Block41 Saint

Just now, Block41 Saint said:

Martin on Alcaraz: “Charley is a young man and doesn’t speak English very well, if at all. There are things he knows he needs to do better. It’s about who you trust at this moment. Your all in with this side or not.”

Charley proved himself in the Premier League you fucking twat.

There are things that you need to do better Russell.  I wish you would just fuck off and leave.  I didn’t think it was possible to have a worst manager than Selles but you have proved me wrong on that one.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:

Rusty twat.

Presumably his tactics are so complex that poor young Alcarez wouldn't be able to understand them. 

4 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:

Martin on Alcaraz continued: “It’s a hard time for him. He’s lost two of his best friends - Caballero and Lyanco who spoke the language, he’s miles away from home, he’s had some difficult news about his Dad. Now is not the right time for him.” #Saintsfc

I'm sure he'd rather be on the pitch trying to make a difference you fucking melon.

• Like 2

Full answer from Martin on Alcaraz:

I see the players every day. Charly is young, he doesn't speak the language much, if at all. We're asking him to play in a style with a lot of structure. He knows there's things he has to do better. I said it to Gilly, I knew that I would get criticised for not bringing him on, but it's about who you can trust at this moment in time.

You're either all in with the team or you're not. At the minute, Charly needs to come over to that side really. 

It's been a difficult time for him. He's lost Willy, he's lost Lyanco - those were his two best mates in the group. He's a young man, he's miles away from his home. He's had some difficult news about his dad too. All of that is going on, but people don't see it or understand it. 

At some point, he will be on the pitch for us and he will be fantastic but now is not the right time for him, while this team is struggling.
Edited by CSA96
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

I see the players every day. Charly is young, he doesn't speak the language much, if at all. We're asking him to play in a style with a lot of structure. He knows there's things he has to do better. I said it to Gilly, I knew that I would get criticised for not bringing him on, but it's about who you can trust at this moment in time.

You're either all in with the team or you're not. At the minute, Charly needs to come over to that side really. 

It's been a difficult time for him. He's lost Willy, he's lost Lyanco - those were his two best mates in the group. He's a young man, he's miles away from his home. He's had some difficult news about his dad too. All of that is going on, but people don't see it or understand it. 

At some point, he will be on the pitch for us and he will be fantastic but now is not the right time for him, while this team is struggling.

Can’t trust him to do what Russell? Give the ball away every 5 seconds and create fck all, like the rest of them?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

If he can't trust him enough to even bring him off the bench then why on Earth is he on the bench in the first place? #warpedlogic

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Last we see if CA while RM is in charge ad I can see this team using these tactics struggling all fooking season.

2 hours ago, trousers said:

If he can't trust him enough to even bring him off the bench then why on Earth is he on the bench in the first place? #warpedlogic

Well, he probably needs to be in the first team squad group. Imagine the uproar on here if he didn't even travel. The last thing he needs is to seem completely frozen out.

With 27 subs on the bench or whatever it is these days it doesn't feel that much of a risk.

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

We're asking him to play in a style with a lot of structure. 

You absolute fucking blagger. It’s football, he’s been playing it his whole life. It’s not rocker science and your not Cruyff or Pep redefining the game. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Carlos Alcaraz