Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread

Disco Stu

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Official site:

We’re encouraging supporters to turn out early, be in their colours and bring the noise, as we head into Friday evening’s playoff semi-final second leg against West Bromwich Albion (KO 8pm).

The Saints team bus will arrive at St Mary’s at approximately 6.15pm, with food, bars and music from 5pm to get the party started.

Stadium_Map_St-Mary_s_Tour_ywn3bj.png

Supporters can also take advantage of discounted food and drink offers up until 7.15pm.

Bring the noise and show your stripes

The support this season has been brilliant, and now we’re asking supporters to take it up a level and bring the noise to be our 12th man for this important semi-final.

We want the players to walk out to a sea of red and white as they arrive, as well as in the stands, so we encourage supporters to wear their colours.

Whether it’s a new shirt or an old shirt, we’d love to see the Saints red and white army out in full force to make the most of an important second-leg home advantage.

Supporters can take advantage of over 50 per cent off in the club store and online including this season’s shirt.

Food and drink discounts

Arrive early to make the most of your matchday, with 25 per cent off until 7.15pm - the discount will be made available via our app to redeem. The offer on our app will give a discount on drinks at the Gasworks and all other external bars from 5pm, and on all food and drink in the stadium concourses (open at 6.30pm) until 7.15pm.

Simply show the app discount to our bar and concourse colleagues to redeem.

Family Zone: Burgers and drinks. Food vans: Burgers, chicken, duck wraps, ice cream, churros and coffee (Discount not valid here). Concourses (open from 6.30pm): The usual offering including pies, hotdogs, snacks and drinks.

Matchday entertainment

We will be joined by a whole host of Saints Legends, with Matt Le Tissier, James Beattie, Franny Benali, Mark Dennis, Nicky Banger, Glenn Cockerill and Peter Rodrigues all in attendance at the match to cheer on Russell Martin’s men. Some of our legends will be making a guest appearance talk as part of our matchday entertainment, something you won’t want to miss.

In the family zone, live music will be starting at 5pm and we will have face painters on hand for fans of all ages.

From 6.45pm we will have competitions, prize giveaways and an interview with the British long-distance runner and local lad Mahamed Mahamed. He recently came fourth at the London Marathon and is the third fastest British marathon runner ever.

Your kids will be able to test their skills in the family zone, with our gameday challenges.

And don’t forget Sammy and Mary Saint will be walking around the ground, so feel free to stop them for photos.

A cynic would say it's a great way for the club to cash in for the last game of the season, sell beer that would've gone bad otherwise and make a killing on club tat due to more people milling around for 2hours before the game.

Not that i'm a cynic of course, not me

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

A cynic would say it's a great way for the club to cash in for the last game of the season, sell beer that would've gone bad otherwise and make a killing on club tat due to more people milling around for 2hours before the game.

Cynical or just good practice.

• Like 4

Just been watching the Road to Wembley on Netflix. The carnage in London and outside the ground was mental. The atmosphere inside the ground that built up throughout the day was electric. 

52 minutes ago, gsweet87 said:

Selling a ticket, Itchen Premium, £40, if anyone knows someone who needs one.

Hi. If it is still for sale I'd be interested. Initially I wasn't able to go on Friday, but my plans have changed so now I can.

I'm happy to meet at St Mary's on Friday prior to kick off if that suits. Not sure how to do PM's on here so my email is wilburykeef@gmail.com

If you can send me an email and we can exchange phone numbers, again if that suits you?

Cheers

19 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Hi. If it is still for sale I'd be interested. Initially I wasn't able to go on Friday, but my plans have changed so now I can.

I'm happy to meet at St Mary's on Friday prior to kick off if that suits. Not sure how to do PM's on here so my email is wilburykeef@gmail.com

If you can send me an email and we can exchange phone numbers, again if that suits you?

Cheers

Ah, you just beat me to it.

Think you have to be a paying member to receive PMs. 

43 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Cheers

Frannie Benali is that you :lol:

• Haha 12

I am looking for a ticket for my son (25) who was due to be working but can now get the time off. Anywhere in the ground if anyone has one to sell please PM me or I can post contact details. TIA

good evening everyone, I'm an Italian who follows Southampton, I would like to know if in the event of a draw we go to overtime or not? because in Italy in the event of 2 draws you win the best place in the championship standings... thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fra said:

good evening everyone, I'm an Italian who follows Southampton, I would like to know if in the event of a draw we go to overtime or not? because in Italy in the event of 2 draws you win the best place in the championship standings... thanks

Hi Fra in the UK who goes up is decided by who made the most noise infront of the team bus before the game, as you can tell we are really putting all of our effort into this and have a veritable orchestra of instruments and smoke bombs ready, plus an entire back catalogue of songs about pompey to sing at the confused players as they get off.

With a bit of luck one or two people will bring their dogs to hold in the air to show just how passionate even our pets are, that will surely tip the balance in our favour.

If you need more information on getting involved or where to buy a vuvzela, maracas or musical instruments from then contact our die hard capo @Turkish and/or our facepainting expert @Pat from Poole

WE MAKE NOISE ON! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saint Keef said:

Cheers

Sent you an email!

23 minutes ago, fra said:

13 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

Hi Fra in the UK who goes up is decided by who made the most noise infront of the team bus before the game, as you can tell we are really putting all of our effort into this and have a veritable orchestra of instruments and smoke bombs ready, plus an entire back catalogue of songs about pompey to sing at the confused players as they get off.

With a bit of luck one or two people will bring their dogs to hold in the air to show just how passionate even our pets are, that will surely tip the balance in our favour.

If you need more information on getting involved or where to buy a vuvzela, maracas or musical instruments from then contact our die hard capo @Turkish and/or our facepainting expert @Pat from Poole

WE MAKE NOISE ON! 

I dont know about anyone else but i cant wait to tell West Brom they are just a small town in Wolves. it's unfortunate they dont have any ginger players as the "look like a wotsit" song needs to be resurrected as when we sang that we won promotion and i dont recall us ever lost a game when it was sung, coincidence? I think not. Any WBA players look like crisps? I reckon Alex Palmer resembles a flame grilled Mccoy but better not say any of them look like twiglets, probably get a prison sentence for racist chanting. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Let’s hope we don’t see any poxy drums or card fan clappers inside st Mary’s on Friday. The fact that musical instruments have been previously banned doesn’t seem to have registered with the ‘club pr’  it’s a football match not Paultons Park. 

Edited by SaintsLoyal
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, fra said:

Welcome. Unfortunately it would go to extra time and penalties in that scenario.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, fra said:

ciao Fra, come stai? Come sono i campi da golf in Italia?

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Frannie Benali is that you :lol:

Haha. Brilliant! I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. Sadly, no I'm not Frannie.

Anyway, all sorted with gsweet87 (Thanks very much indeed mate) and I am now going. See you all there!!!!

1 hour ago, fra said:

Are you placing any insurance bets, given our current momentum curve?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Let’s hope we don’t see any poxy drums or card fan clappers inside st Mary’s on Friday. The fact that musical instruments have been previously banned doesn’t seem to have registered with the ‘club pr’  it’s a football match not Paultons Park. 

Funny you should mention drums. There was a Baggie guy walking around outside the ground banging a massive drum on Sunday, but I didn't hear a peep from him during the game. Very odd.

43 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Funny you should mention drums. There was a Baggie guy walking around outside the ground banging a massive drum on Sunday, but I didn't hear a peep from him during the game. Very odd.

To be fair, we get that every home game - and the trumpeter goes suspiciously quiet just before kick off as well.

6 hours ago, franniesTache said:

The same did occur to me, but on the beer point, kegs will have a lifespan of a year. And given we the stadium gets through about £20k of liquid per match I can't imagine much of it sits around for long.

Not to say that greater footfall for longer won't increase revenue. But that's somebody's literal job - so I'm only surprised it's not been attempted sooner.

54 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

They always have a drum, it's in the same stand as the away fans over to the left. 

I heard it during the game, although not as much as usual because we were quite loud and drowned it out from where we were stood.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Not bad odds if anyone wants to bet on us to go out.

West Brom 5.05 to win in 90 minutes, 19.00 to win after extra time and 12.00 to win on penalties.

It is tempting to place an insurance bet, obviously don't want us to lose but if WBA progress at least a decent pay out covers a few beers. 

Edited by JRM

3 hours ago, fra said:

Amore e Luce...

1 hour ago, JRM said:

It is tempting to place an insurance bet, obviously don't want us to lose but if WBA progress at least a decent pay out covers a few beers. 

Be a sure-fire way to burn money, betting against Saints on Friday.

6 hours ago, fra said:

Good evening to you, Fra.

i don’t suppose you know @suewhistle, she used to live in Italy, so I’m told.

7 hours ago, Saints4Prem said:

I am looking for a ticket for my son (25) who was due to be working but can now get the time off. Anywhere in the ground if anyone has one to sell please PM me or I can post contact details. TIA

You have mail 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

You have mail 😀

Wish I had mail.

I should have it clearer I suppose. I need a ticket fir Friday people.

19 hours ago, franniesTache said:

Agree. If they had really wanted a party atmosphere then make it 50% off and give everyone with an adult ticket a free beer. Bet they would have still made money in the scenario. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fra said:

Welcome to the forum, you've made a great choice on which English team to follow. Were we just a random pick or do you have links to the area? Or maybe Graziano Pelle inspired you...

Regarding Friday's game....
If, at the end of the regular 90 minutes of the second leg, the aggregate score is level then the match goes into extra time where two 15-minute halves are played. If the score remains level at the end of extra time, the tie is decided by a penalty shootout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

Sorry I missed you. Having said that it is my son’s 18-25 ticket so probably not for you mate. 😉

Yeah, sadly I'd need two of those 😏

• Like 1

Second Tier Podcast predicting a WBA win in 90 mins. Par for the course really as they have been consistent in not favouring Saints on our big games and have a hard-on for Corberan.

22 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Second Tier Podcast predicting a WBA win in 90 mins. Par for the course really as they have been consistent in not favouring Saints on our big games and have a hard-on for Corberan.

This was a vast majority of the mainstream / social media focus at the weekend also, Saints as the least fancied.  I genuinely think our better players will turn up and be the difference on Friday and in the final, just like they did at Leeds. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Turkish said:

I dont know about anyone else but i cant wait to tell West Brom they are just a small town in Wolves. it's unfortunate they dont have any ginger players as the "look like a wotsit" song needs to be resurrected as when we sang that we won promotion and i dont recall us ever lost a game when it was sung, coincidence? I think not. Any WBA players look like crisps? I reckon Alex Palmer resembles a flame grilled Mccoy but better not say any of them look like twiglets, probably get a prison sentence for racist chanting. 

I’m bringing a multipack of Mars bars to wear on our heads. We’re gonna look so wacky!

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic