Defectors Watch

adrian lord

How many players, who aren't still youngsters, move from mid tabled PL clubs to a big boy and are actually successful? Looking at the PL now, you might consider Benteke to have worked and Alderweireld, are there any more? Maybe my brain isn't working well, but that's about it.

How many players, who aren't still youngsters, move from mid tabled PL clubs to a big boy and are actually successful? Looking at the PL now, you might consider Benteke to have worked and Alderweireld, are there any more? Maybe my brain isn't working well, but that's about it.

Technically Toby moved from a top Spanish side....

There are a number of threads on Liverpool forums where you are able to chart the corrosive disappointment and frustration. When he signed a scouse mate excitedly asked me how I thought he'd do for them? I said, think Barmby rather than Barnes, and I'm sticking with that...

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/adam-lallana-2015-16.18384/page-8

There are a number of threads on Liverpool forums where you are able to chart the corrosive disappointment and frustration. When he signed a scouse mate excitedly asked me how I thought he'd do for them? I said, think Barmby rather than Barnes, and I'm sticking with that...

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/adam-lallana-2015-16.18384/page-8

Pretty broad agreement from most on there. Of the players we sold that summer....

Lambert - total flop, now at WBA and they're also trying to shift him on (apparently).

Lolvren - no more needs to be said

Lallana - I think Liverpool fans have made their views pretty clear...

Chambers - pointless move

Shaw - crock

Pretty broad agreement from most on there. Of the players we sold that summer....

Lambert - total flop, now at WBA and they're also trying to shift him on (apparently).

Shaw - crock

Sad indictment of modern football really when you consider how interesting it would have been had that side been kept together.

Shaw - crock

And last summer?

Clyne - doing okay

Morgan - not getting many games

And both at clubs seemingly in decline.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else notice Morgan has gone soft at Man U: running around wearing GLOVES!!! in their midfield today.

Don't know but just went on to Redcafe and saw a thread about Morgan....errr they don't seem to like him much at the moment

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/morgan-schneiderlin-2015-16-bench-performances.406512/page-49

What a disappointing signing. A nothing player so far. He can't even get the things right that he was supposed to be good at.

Been really poor lately.

Not starting XI material IMO.

Worrying performance.

These are the games when you want him to stand up and be counted.

Totally invisible and really quite poor. Positional discipline was shocking for someone who is reasonably famed for it.

Can't believe they are talking about the same Morgan we all rated....wonder if he'd like to come back:(

I cannot name a player who has left us in the last 3 seasons and gone on to be a success.

Clyne the only one who has generally done well and been selected for every game.

Be very interesting to see if Lallana is still at Liverpool next year and, if not, where he ends up.

Wonder if Poch would take him to Spurs if the price were right?

Lallana, is what, half way through his contract having cost £25m. I imagine that someone would happily pay £12m for his services, which given that Shelvey went for that wouldn't be too much. He isn't going to go top 4. Not sure Spurs would take him, so the only other club at a similar level and stature is across Stanley Park. Maybe WetSpam in their taxpayer funded new stadium.

Clyne the only one who has generally done well and been selected for every game.

Be very interesting to see if Lallana is still at Liverpool next year and, if not, where he ends up.

Wonder if Poch would take him to Spurs if the price were right?

The Liverpool fans at work described him as "adequate" and "OK but probably not worth the money we paid". I guess when you move to a big club the fans expect outstanding every game. Where as at saints fans are a bit more forgiving only expect good every game.

Lallana, is what, half way through his contract having cost £25m. I imagine that someone would happily pay £12m for his services, which given that Shelvey went for that wouldn't be too much. He isn't going to go top 4. Not sure Spurs would take him, so the only other club at a similar level and stature is across Stanley Park. Maybe WetSpam in their taxpayer funded new stadium.

Would any lower club pay him the same as he's getting at Liverpool?

Would any lower club pay him the same as he's getting at Liverpool?

Maybe, because by the time he is out of contract, the TV deal will have changed everything regarding what lesser clubs can pay (unless Sky go bust - which would also change every thing!)

Don't know but just went on to Redcafe and saw a thread about Morgan....errr they don't seem to like him much at the moment

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/morgan-schneiderlin-2015-16-bench-performances.406512/page-49

What a disappointing signing. A nothing player so far. He can't even get the things right that he was supposed to be good at.

Been really poor lately.

Worrying performance.

Totally invisible and really quite poor. Positional discipline was shocking for someone who is reasonably famed for it.

Can't believe they are talking about the same Morgan we all rated....wonder if he'd like to come back:(

To be fair, that's just fans being fickle as they loved him to start. Bit like all of ours with Pelle, "he's useless!" *goes on 6 game scoring streak* "he's amazing!"

Been really poor lately.

Worrying performance.

They appear to like him even less now. http://www.redcafe.net/threads/morgan-schneiderlin-2015-16-bench-performances.406512/page-50

But as mentioned elsewhere, he got what he wanted. I had hoped he would do well there, but if it all turns to **** for him I really don't mind anymore.

I feel a bit sad for Morgan; he always gave his best for us from the day he signed, he grew, got his international debut and then quite rightly got his bug club move. But he's so far, becoming yet another ex-Saint who has moved on and isn't doing well.

I'm struggling to think of a Saint who has moved on and excelled, except for Bale?

I feel a bit sad for Morgan; he always gave his best for us from the day he signed, he grew, got his international debut and then quite rightly got his bug club move. But he's so far, becoming yet another ex-Saint who has moved on and isn't doing well.

I'm struggling to think of a Saint who has moved on and excelled, except for Bale?

Martin Chivers?