Post-Match Reaction: SAINTS 4-1 Crystal Palace

Saint-Armstrong

MotM vs Crystal Palace (Home 2015/16)  

251 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Crystal Palace (Home 2015/16)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • van Dijk
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Romeu
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Austin

At least there will be no more threads on what the permutations are for getting into EL. Guaranteed a EL place in the group stages. We finish 5th if Man U lose to Bournemouth, otherwise we finish 6th. Think that I understand it now

Great season, fantastic as well to finish above West Ham, Chelsea and Liverpool. If Bournemouth can sneak a win we could add Man Utd to that list as well.

3 pts off a Champions League place, 3 pts.

Over to you Board, this is the greatest position this club has probably been in for 20 years, sign Ron up, sign the players up and get us a transfer kitty to push on.

(Have to LOL as well at Spurs, finishing below Arsenal again after that season, also liking the bitter West Ham fan)

At least there will be no more threads on what the permutations are for getting into EL. Guaranteed a EL place in the group stages. We finish 5th if Man U lose to Bournemouth, otherwise we finish 6th. Think that I understand it now

No, not yet. I think we need to start a new thread about the permutations for going straight into the group stage vs. qualification.

That first half was a bit WTF, had some horrible feelings during that first 45! No idea how we managed to go in 1-0, but we did! 2nd half was a different story, we attacked them with pace and power - we over ran them, and that's what we can do. Not sure we we played so tepid in the first half, but the 2nd half was what we're about.

I didn't expect those 2 results to go so well for us, so I'm chuffed to bits. I would imagine we'll get the Man Utd game played before the FA Cup final due to the permutations a potential win/loss will equal for the likes of ourselves and WHU - we will both want to plan for the new season.

But third qualifier or automatic group stage - I didn't expect that!

Whilst Spurs' (who I hate more than words can express) failure to finish above Arsenal is the story of the day, our finishing above Wham (who I also hate more than words can express) takes an honourable 2nd place. 6th place at worst, another year on year improvement GET IN!!!

That all looks good, but just beating Spurs last weekend was great for me......today was a bonus.

Best birthday present (tomorrow) that I could ask for .

Edited by david in sweden

So is there anyway we can not have to go through the qualification saga, without Bournemouth having to beat Man U?

Yeah if Man U win the cup then West Ham sneak into Europe via the saga method

Strange game , I haven't been so nervous for some time. A neutral might think it was a comfortable win against a team preparing for the Cup Final but it certainly feel like that this afternoon.

What a season! To end on a goal difference of +18 is unbelievable and finishing above Liverpool even sweeter. Let's hop that Sevilla thrash them next Wednesday and they end up with no Europe :)

A word for the ref today, I thought he was spot on in everything.

I must admit I fancy Liverpool to beat Sevilla - the Europa just seems to have their name on it this season. But would I ever LOL if they lost and Lalaland and his friends could concentrate on domestic trophies next season.

Well done Saints - fantastic end to the campaign. Onwards and upwards. COYR

What an excellent day!

Emphatic win; Wet Spam fall at the last; Spuds capitulation at regulated bar codes; and, the icing on the cake, an injury time winner for Plymouth!!!!

Fantastic season. I honestly didn't think we would continue to improve on points and position this season, but we did!!

Looking forward to an enjoyable summer; to a better run in Europe; and to seeing Ron lead us to even greater things. I have no doubt he will stay, and feel confident he will sign a new contract.

As for today's match, hard to chose a MoM. Main contenders being, imo, Fraser, Virgil, Ryan and Steve Davis.

Happy, happy, days!!!

:)

- Saints win. Emphatically.

- Worst case scenario is 6th.

- Finish above Liverpool.

- Tottingham and Poch bottle it spectacularly and finish deservably below Arsenal. At least they are second in North London. :)

- Skates lose out on promotion, even a trip to Wembley. In stoppage time.

Perfect, perfect weekend.

- Saints win. Emphatically.

- Worst case scenario is 6th.

- Finish above Liverpool.

- Tottingham and Poch bottle it spectacularly and finish deservably below Arsenal. At least they are second in North London. :)

- Skates lose out on promotion, even a trip to Wembley. In stoppage time.

Perfect, perfect weekend.

I've just drunk a pint of Carlsberg :-)

Great second-half effort that wins the game emphatically.

Fantastic season. If only we hadn't suffered that horrible spell from Nov 21st to January 2nd, when we lost six out of eight games. And then we finished the season with an amazing run, winning seven out of nine!

Congratulations to everyone at the club—especially the players and Ronald Koeman. Supporting Saints has never been so good!

So then, my sons third game and The tally is 11 goals scored.

I'm getting demands from the family that I take him to every home game......

Brilliant day out. Of the two teams in the first half we looked more likely to score.

Wanyama was an absolute tank, Romeu was everywhere, Mané was unplayable, Tadic turning that defender inside out was a thing if beauty. Forster his usual immense self.

Thought it was a beautiful moment when everyone wen over to celebrate with Kelvin after Pellé scored.

Bring on Europe

Could be a perfect day if Plymouth smash the Skates...

Only 1-0 , but as it was in the 91st minute I think it a fairly sweet way to smash them.

& Arsenal finishing above the NLY...

Just got home. Hoarse as a badger's arse! What a day. That is all.

Not a good predicament to find yourself in.

MOTD seems to have turned the sound down pretty low from today. Very quiet.

Also showed nothing of ours from the first half except the goal despite having two good attempts - Mane and Romeu - as well as ignoring the nice moment with Davis which could have at least been acknowledged.

Also showed nothing of ours from the first half except the goal despite having two good attempts - Mane and Romeu - as well as ignoring the nice moment with Davis which could have at least been acknowledged.

I suppose non-Saints fans don't know or care about Kelvin's significance, so it's fair enough with a tight programme to edit. It was a lovely moment for us though - good on Pelle for going over.

Great result, coupled with the Hammers blowing it away to Stoke. Always liked Stoke..

Thought we were pretty average till we got the first goal, then went to bits again when Puncheon scored his cracker of a goal. One we got the third I thought we might have maybe got five or six as Palace gave up it seemed to me, maybe started to self-preserve for the Cup final.

Bertrand was great, if we can get a similar style player on the right we would improve massively. I think Martina is a limited full back but saying that he still gets his fair share of assists, which is why if we buy a better player for this position it would improve us a lot.

Austin, if we can get him fit along with Jrod would be an asset, had some good movement off the ball but looked rusty on it.

Fingers crossed the Bournemouth can do us a favour for a 5th placed finish.

Just about the best afternoon and evening of football ever. Love this club. And my second club is Plymouth, so how sweet was that at Home Park. Another year in the wilderness for the Skates. Wembley for Argyle. Just need to sort Rons contract and have a good sit down with Big Vic and Mane to make sure they are on the bus over the close season and no dummy spitting like last close season. Can't wait for a decent crack at Europa. Hard luck West Ham and Spurs. You both thoroughly deserved your outcomes.