Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 3,101 to 3,111 of 3111

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

  1. #3101

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on another raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.

  2. #3102

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on a raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.
    ☝️👍

  3. #3103

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on a raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.
    Does that mean we will not be signing a CB in the near future? Prices will not be dropping any time soon.

    If one is on the cheap, the wages demanded will be higher

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    And the boring borong apologists pop up to moan at entitled fans for daring to be disappointed about our transfer dealings. Happens at the end of every window without fail.
    If I am included in a boring apologist camp, I look at things pragmatically. Shurlock's post was pretty spot on, and if we can work with what we have, maybe that is what we have to do. I take on board Batman's thoughts on Stephens, but I haven't completely written him off (yet!). It does, as mentioned, rather depends on whether the manager can get Hoedt playing. Let's not forget, that at one stage he was being picked for the Netherlands.

  5. #3105

    Default Summer Transfer Window 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Does that mean we will not be signing a CB in the near future? Prices will not be dropping any time soon.

    If one is on the cheap, the wages demanded will be higher
    Maybe the plan is to use Hoedt or Bertrand and Klarer if we keep Cedric to play on left with Vokins as cover coming in slowly Bertrand is good option in back 3?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Give it to Ron; 08-08-2019 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #3106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Put some of the television money? ALL OF THE TELEVISION MONEY IS ALREADY BEING SPENT! How do you think we can pay Forster and Austin millions a year to do nothing without going bankrupt? Other clubs with similar revenue can afford to spend more than us because they don't have their income tied up on worthless crap the way we do. He has no interest in the club? You know that how? At least he bought the club himself so he must have some interest, he could have just spent the money on hookers and cocaine instead. Hasn't done a great deal? Krueger, Reed and Hughes are gone Hasenhüttl is here, we won't know how good the people now making the decisions are for a few seasons yet (Cortese was removed in Jan 2014 but it was only some 3 years later that the consequences became clear) and sorting out the mess in the playing squad is going to take time until contracts start running out, it's not like we haven't tried getting rid of them but no one will pay what we are paying so they refuse to leave and we are stuck with them. Hasn't said much? Krueger had a lot to say, can't say I miss it. Actions speak louder than words, if the club starts being run like it was between July 2009 and Jan 2014 again I don't care if I never hear a word from him.
    Exactly, the problem we have now is due to the bloke who is now in charge at the FA!!My god all the good the national team has done will unravel with him at the top. No doubt he is passing his coaching manual out to all at the National centre. To give multi million pound contracts to players who to the dimmest judge could see they were not worth it was madness.We are now saddled with these overpaid players who will not find another club easily, unless we pay most of the wages.

  7. #3107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    And the boring borong apologists pop up to moan at entitled fans for daring to be disappointed about our transfer dealings. Happens at the end of every window without fail.
    You could equally say the boring boring casual spenders moan that saints don’t do more transfer business. Happens every window without fail.

  8. #3108

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,977
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    You could equally say the boring boring casual spenders moan that saints don’t do more transfer business. Happens every window without fail.
    Lol. We've needed a decent cb for three windows. Entirely predictable that certain posters call others unrealistic for hoping for the bare minimum. Watch us throw away a load of points again this season duebto this glaring and obvious weakness.

  9. #3109

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Of we do not sign a quality CB we can only hope that Ralph has wielded his magic on Hoedt. I never thought he was horrendous, more that his decision making was. We will see. And maybe Klarer is the breakthrough player this season!
    I expect Stephen's to go on loan and hope he does because that would make me feel alot easier when waiting for team lineup each game!!!

  10. #3110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Lol. We've needed a decent cb for three windows. Entirely predictable that certain posters call others unrealistic for hoping for the bare minimum. Watch us throw away a load of points again this season duebto this glaring and obvious weakness.
    So we didn’t sign vestergaard last summer. Good to know.

  11. #3111

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,455

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •