Defectors Watch

adrian lord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Something, but not enough in my view. Reactions like his set a terrible example to the grass roots game.

Our ref didn't turn up the other day for a friendly with our U14s, so I did it. I blew up for a two footed tackle and the kid (one of ours) exploded at me, arms wide, strutting towards me moaning, I got the manager to sub him off (rolling subs). Chatting to his dad afterwards and he said he picks it up from watching Sky.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Our ref didn't turn up the other day for a friendly with our U14s, so I did it. I blew up for a two footed tackle and the kid (one of ours) exploded at me, arms wide, strutting towards me moaning, I got the manager to sub him off (rolling subs). Chatting to his dad afterwards and he said he picks it up from watching Sky.

Well done for giving it a go. I hung up my whistle a long time ago but even then the influence of TV was considered a problem.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Apart from his good looks, athleticism, great hair and tons of money, what does she see in him?

image.thumb.png.62382e9ea48085fa532371f018be91ad.png

On a side note, see Oriol Romeu is fast becoming a fan favourite at Barca, a lot of their fans were understandably underwhelmed when he signed but by all accounts he hasn't put a foot wrong since being there and allows the midfield to bomb forward knowing he's there to cover. Great seeing him in the Champions League too! Miss him

• Like 4

On 17/09/2023 at 22:51, Osvaldorama said:

This infuriated me more than it should. 

I swear only saints could buy a 6ft 7 target man and try and use him as a defensive pressing forward. 

We are literally run by muppets. I am so sick of the whole club at the moment. Just do the fucking basics ffs 

Honestly that's all it is - basics! We are just trying to be clever in everything we do as if it's going to buy us an extra percentage or something. It's not.

In this league we have more good players than the oppo, so we don't need to look for an extra percentage gain. Just play the best players in their natural positions and score goals in the white thing, and keep them out of the other white thing. Anything that goes on in between is irrelevant as the quality will come to the top.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Honestly that's all it is - basics! We are just trying to be clever in everything we do as if it's going to buy us an extra percentage or something. It's not.

In this league we have more good players than the oppo, so we don't need to look for an extra percentage gain. Just play the best players in their natural positions and score goals in the white thing, and keep them out of the other white thing. Anything that goes on in between is irrelevant as the quality will come to the top.

Blimey Clarkey- if it were that simple we’d all be football mangers! ………………. I don’t know, some people have no idea how hard a job it is!!

🙄🤪😜😂🤣😀😁😵💫🤯😜

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elyounoussi, Tall Paul, JWP… … it is painful to see those players who have just left us are playing so well in other teams. In saints, no one could scored from JWP’s corners. Tall Paul could not score any header. In other teams, JWP provided so many assists from corners and Tall Paul scored so many headers. What’s wrong with us?

1 hour ago, HKsaint said:

Elyounoussi, Tall Paul, JWP… … it is painful to see those players who have just left us are playing so well in other teams. In saints, no one could scored from JWP’s corners. Tall Paul could not score any header. In other teams, JWP provided so many assists from corners and Tall Paul scored so many headers. What’s wrong with us?

An obsession with playing a certain way instead of looking at the players we have and playing to their strengths. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, HKsaint said:

We set up wrong and are badly coached in general although Saturday proved what can be done if we are willing to change the system.

• Like 3

Wasn't sure where to post this but Lallana is at the training ground as we speak. His son is actually in the Saints academy which I didn't know. Also Tony Pulis' grandson is there (no idea whether he is in our academy or the opposition academy or even if they have opposition games at that age or if it's just training)

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but Lallana is at the training ground as we speak. His son is actually in the Saints academy which I didn't know. Also Tony Pulis' grandson is there (no idea whether he is in our academy or the opposition academy or even if they have opposition games at that age or if it's just training)

Anthony / Tony Pulis III? He’s probably already better than his old man!

10 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Matt Targett makes his Champions League debut, under a manager deemed not good enough for Saints, when linked, thrashes PSG

Plenty wanted him here...  plenty didn't. 

Tbf, my main concern when he was linked was we shipped far too many goals, and his defensive record at Bournemouth was terrible, even with a great centre half like Ake.  He studied and improved massively in his time off since Bournemouth and fair play to him.

On 02/10/2023 at 06:47, VectisSaint said:

I note that Tella is not exactly ripping up the Bundesliga (yet). Is he injured?

On 02/10/2023 at 15:35, Saint_clark said:

2 sub appearances for a grand total of 29 minutes. 

three other big transfers with limited or no minutes

Lavia - 0 minutes (threatening to be a lost season for Romeo)

Livramento - 3 sub appearances (25 minutes) and one League Cup start.

Salisu - can find zero info on him related to Monaco and playing time.